The Defense is embarrassing.
Old 12-17-2010, 07:24 AM   #1 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,287
Representing:
Default The Defense is embarrassing.

It's disgusting. There isn't a single player on this roster who can keep their man in front of them nor block shots. You can't build a winning team with these kind of players, especially a core this flawed defensively. The defensive schemes are piss poor as well. I don't think we'll ever get treated to a decent defensive team for a while.
fk24 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 07:34 AM   #2 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 73,307
Representing:
Default

The players aren't good defensive players, but the coaching is poor. As you said the schemes are piss poor. The last two seasons under Triano have been atrocious defensively. And what's funny is that Mr. Triano before both seasons said that they want to be a top 10-15 defensive team. What he's teaching ain't working. Same goes for PJ Carlismo.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 07:48 AM   #3 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
fresh n' spicy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: mississauga
Posts: 998
Representing:
Default

the last time i remember the raps playing any d is when we had JYD and antonio davis oh how sad it is :facepalm:
fresh n' spicy is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 08:12 AM   #4 (permalink)
adoring his baby girl.

Senior Member
 
Sick, Wicked and Nasty!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Canada eh?
Posts: 3,288
Representing:
Default

The Kevin O'Neill year was pretty good too.
Sick, Wicked and Nasty! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 08:13 AM   #5 (permalink)
Naj_Irban
is pounding the rock! (Edit)

Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Representing:
Default

Kevin. O'neil.
  Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 08:22 AM   #6 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 73,307
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fresh n' spicy View Post
the last time i remember the raps playing any d is when we had JYD and antonio davis oh how sad it is :facepalm:
Actually, 06-07 and 07-08 we were allowing around 98ppg againts. We weren't bad defensively then. Much better then the last couple seasons where we're averaging 105ppg against. :facepalm:
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 08:35 AM   #7 (permalink)
blah!

nosce te ipsum


 
fancylad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: east side.
Posts: 14,625
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
The players aren't good defensive players, but the coaching is poor. As you said the schemes are piss poor. The last two seasons under Triano have been atrocious defensively. And what's funny is that Mr. Triano before both seasons said that they want to be a top 10-15 defensive team. What he's teaching ain't working. Same goes for PJ Carlismo.
You just said the players aren't good defensively, didn't you? So you should have stopped right there.
fancylad is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 08:41 AM   #8 (permalink)
landry fields forever

Administrator

 
Acie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Living in a van down by the river
Posts: 21,599
Representing:
Default

This is what you get when you have a young team.

They've had stretches where they've played excellent D, but for the most part they've been extremely inconsistent.

I don't know what people's expectations were going into the season, but weren't going to be a good team.

And since it's so easy to point fingers at Triano, I'd like someone to try and explain what you'd do as a coach to mask every player being deficient on the defensive end.
Acie is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 08:47 AM   #9 (permalink)
landry fields forever

Administrator

 
Acie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Living in a van down by the river
Posts: 21,599
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Actually, 06-07 and 07-08 we were allowing around 98ppg againts. We weren't bad defensively then. Much better then the last couple seasons where we're averaging 105ppg against. :facepalm:
We had infinitely better veteran defenders on both those teams.


Parker, Garbo, Rasho, Mo Pete, Delfino and TJ could at least somewhat contain his man at the point of attack.
Acie is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 08:51 AM   #10 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 73,307
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fancylad View Post
You just said the players aren't good defensively, didn't you? So you should have stopped right there.
No I shouldn't have. Sorry, but one thing a coach is supposed to do is know his players strengths and weaknesses and put them in the right positions to succeed. And under Triano this team if anything has regressed, at best they have stayed the same and not improved on the defensive end at all. And don't we measure a coach by how the team improves it's deficiencies? I've said it before, the players are also to blame but to me Triano hasn't done anything to show me he's a good communicator or motivator. This team last season and this season at times look absolutely lost out there on D. Sorry but some of that is on the coaching because something is not being communicated here. There is a pattern under Triano, and it isn't good.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 10:00 AM   #11 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Senior Member
 
TORaptor4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,357
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
No I shouldn't have. Sorry, but one thing a coach is supposed to do is know his players strengths and weaknesses and put them in the right positions to succeed. And under Triano this team if anything has regressed, at best they have stayed the same and not improved on the defensive end at all. And don't we measure a coach by how the team improves it's deficiencies? I've said it before, the players are also to blame but to me Triano hasn't done anything to show me he's a good communicator or motivator. This team last season and this season at times look absolutely lost out there on D. Sorry but some of that is on the coaching because something is not being communicated here. There is a pattern under Triano, and it isn't good.
Lol.... are you in the lockerroom and in practices?
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 10:04 AM   #12 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 73,307
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever View Post
Lol.... are you in the lockerroom and in practices?
Yes
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 10:19 AM   #13 (permalink)
back to fold laundry

Senior Member
 
FoldedLaundry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 1,393
Representing:
Default

I don't like this defense. Too man dunks and too many 3s :facepalm:
FoldedLaundry is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 10:27 AM   #14 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 73,307
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoldedLaundry View Post
I don't like this defense. Too man dunks and too many 3s :facepalm:
Too many dunks? Wow, never heard that before. Dido on too many 3's though.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 10:29 AM   #15 (permalink)
back to fold laundry

Senior Member
 
FoldedLaundry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 1,393
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Too many dunks? Wow, never heard that before. Dido on too many 3's though.
Too many easy dunks and lay ups for the opposing team :P The defense is that bad :facepalm: We dig ourselves a hole and give the other team momentum.
FoldedLaundry is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 10:46 AM   #16 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
fresh n' spicy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: mississauga
Posts: 998
Representing:
Default

nets win 105 - 93 if Bargs is out is Bargs plays 112 - 108 for the nets
fresh n' spicy is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 10:48 AM   #17 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
fresh n' spicy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: mississauga
Posts: 998
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fresh n' spicy View Post
nets win 105 - 93 if Bargs is out is Bargs plays 112 - 108 for the nets
:facepalm: meant to put this in the game thread :facepalm::facepalm:
fresh n' spicy is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 10:52 AM   #18 (permalink)
rootin for the eagles, boise state, the leafs, raps, and jays

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Halifax
Posts: 5,561
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fresh n' spicy View Post
:facepalm: meant to put this in the game thread :facepalm::facepalm:
DAMN Triple facepalm? You really hate yourself... lol
Chiggmo is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 10:54 AM   #19 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
fresh n' spicy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: mississauga
Posts: 998
Representing:
Default

when u make dumbass mistakes like me daily u know it
fresh n' spicy is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 11:40 AM   #20 (permalink)
Pondering if these are BCs last days

Member
 
Joshz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 355
Representing:
Default

Triano was given a worse defensive team from the start this year. Mainly because all of his starters are rookie/sophomore/deficient types. Jeff...you can't put players who can't defend in positions where they can. Teams do their best to hide deficient players but they can only accomplish this if they have very good defensive players to pick up the slack (which the Raps don't). This is a young team, they need to learn how to play against good players in different situations. Defense is something most players acquire over time, with few exceptions. Blaming Triano for the teams defensive deficiencies is not fair, he can only teach principles and the players frequently say Triano prepares them well.

Last year the Raps had veterans like Rasho/Bosh/Wright + Hedo was okay against slow players. Marco wasn't horrible. If you are going to be upset at anyone it's BC - this team doesn't have one experienced big with a reputation as a passable defender. Same goes for the wings and guards.

Last edited by Joshz; 12-17-2010 at 11:45 AM.
Joshz is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24