Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards

Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/)
-   Toronto Raptors (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/)
-   -   Dear Calderon Haters... (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/dear-calderon-haters-11401.html)

Barracuda 11-12-2009 12:07 PM

Dear Calderon Haters...
 
Learn to love him.

He's still damn good. And will get better.

Without him, Raps don't have much of a chance.

I've also realized that he only plays well when his favourite fan 'Cuda is watching. Therefore, I will do my best to watch every game in order to keep you jackals happy.

So whoever would like to pay for my cable and then come and install it, Jose thanks you.

Anyway - stop Jose Hate. (Or can I call it "Jose Jate"? Does that work?)

He's the shit. And he embodies the kinda spirit this team needs.

Sincerely,

Barra-to-the-Cuda

Aar_Canada 11-12-2009 12:09 PM

You just like his metrosexual sideburns.

DVS 11-12-2009 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aar_Canada (Post 267112)
You just like his metrosexual sideburns.

Nah its the cute accent

Barracuda 11-12-2009 12:11 PM

It's both.

Shut up.

:(

Aar_Canada 11-12-2009 12:12 PM

He's got a weird jaw thing happening. His lower jaw is 10 miles out of line with his upper.

Barracuda 11-12-2009 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aar_Canada (Post 267117)
He's got a weird jaw thing happening. His lower jaw is 10 miles out of line with his upper.

That sometimes comes in handy.

Aar_Canada 11-12-2009 12:14 PM

Ba dum!

GrannyFro 11-12-2009 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aar_Canada (Post 267117)
He's got a weird jaw thing happening. His lower jaw is 10 miles out of line with his upper.

good explanation. I always wondered what was wrong with him but couldn't put my finger on it

thanks

Renihan_00 11-12-2009 12:18 PM

How come people can't rip on a guy for a bad game but then can praise him for a good one?

He played very well yesterday but I still would like to see that happen on a more consistent basis before I'm going to tell the Calderon haters to pipe down...

Everyone should just wait and see. I am encourage by that performance.

fancylad 11-12-2009 12:20 PM

It was great seeing him abuse Rose and the Bulls defence on a number of blow by's yesterday.

I'll say that the Jose (the dude from 2 years ago) we so badly missed last year is back... and i don't think his shot is back up to where it can be yet.

He's looking good though.
(minus the sideburns... they look lame).

Barracuda 11-12-2009 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Renihan_00 (Post 267124)
How come people can't rip on a guy for a bad game but then can praise him for a good one?

He played very well yesterday but I still would like to see that happen on a more consistent basis before I'm going to tell the Calderon haters to pipe down...

Everyone should just wait and see. I am encourage by that performance.

I'm not saying you can't.

I'm just saying that he's back. He'll be fine. He had a slow start.

I think some people are too quick to write off a player.

DVS 11-12-2009 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barracuda (Post 267127)
I'm not saying you can't.

I'm just saying that he's back. He'll be fine. He had a slow start.

I think some people are too quick to write off a player.

His shot has been progressively looking good. Now his high percentage shot and quick screens and double screens to the basket coupled with his good Assist to Turnover ratio just may cover his god awful defense.


I'll say this at least he tries on D. Something Bargnani can learn from

babyface 11-12-2009 12:33 PM

still not convinced :p

Raptorman 11-12-2009 12:35 PM

He apologized to the fans for not getting pizza in the post gamer.

Jose is awesome.

Aar_Canada 11-12-2009 12:38 PM

It was funny because Leo was joking but Jose looked seriously upset.

"Sorry we not getchoo your pizza."

I was waiting for the smirk, but he was on the verge of tears.

Barracuda 11-12-2009 12:39 PM

I loved that!

Taz 11-12-2009 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barracuda (Post 267111)
Learn to love him.

He's still damn good. And will get better.

Without him, Raps don't have much of a chance.

I've also realized that he only plays well when his favourite fan 'Cuda is watching. Therefore, I will do my best to watch every game in order to keep you jackals happy.

So whoever would like to pay for my cable and then come and install it, Jose thanks you.

Anyway - stop Jose Hate. (Or can I call it "Jose Jate"? Does that work?)

He's the shit. And he embodies the kinda spirit this team needs.

Sincerely,

Barra-to-the-Cuda

:yeah: :yeah: :yeah:

Taz 11-12-2009 01:21 PM

Also, his sideburns are not lame.

Sick, Wicked and Nasty! 11-12-2009 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barracuda (Post 267127)
I'm not saying you can't.

I'm just saying that he's back. He'll be fine. He had a slow start.

I think some people are too quick to write off a player.

Some of us think he's a fine player but not suited for this team... and so while I might not be the target of your post I disagree with your statement he's what this team needs...other than perhaps the spirit part.

I think this team needs a more physical, drive and kick, tough as nails defender type of starting PG. We have so many ball distributors on the team now and what we're really getting killed on is defending the point of attack(and defending in general). I'm not saying he's the problem, but there's an opportunity with his value and contract to move him and get something decent and more appropriate in return.

'trane 11-12-2009 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sick, Wicked and Nasty! (Post 267155)

I think this team needs a more physical, drive and kick, tough as nails defender type of starting PG. We have so many ball distributors on the team now and what we're really getting killed on is defending the point of attack(and defending in general). I'm not saying he's the problem, but there's an opportunity with his value and contract to move him and get something decent and more appropriate in return.

i love stuff like this. ok, where is the opportunity? whos is this guy? i'm not saying you're wrong, but if you're going to throw out a statement that there is an opportunity, you also need to give an example of what that opportunity is.

i can't think, off the top of my head, of any tough as nails, hard-nosed, defensive pg's who are on the trading block, or who are on teams that are already so defensive-minded that they would be willing to give up their starting defensive pg to take jose in return. can you give me an example or two? can you name some guys that we would actually have a shot at and who's contracts could match (even with additional players involved) to illustrate that this opportunity is actually out there?


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:18 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24