Dead man Walkin' - Page 5
Old 11-21-2008, 06:35 PM   #81 (permalink)
LX
present minded

In the Paint


 
LX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 27,931
Representing:
Default

We overachieved two years ago - but that didn't convince anybody of anything. Asking for a team to overachieve ten games into a season doesn't make a lot of sense to me. How is that the only way to the top? Cleveland went through a season where they faltered all season long, couldn't beat any really good team all season long, and then went to the Finals.
LX is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 08:20 PM   #82 (permalink)
whatever

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: toronto
Posts: 9,388
Representing:
Default

true - and that's what got him his contract and award. However, we clearly underachieved last season (although there were circumstances), and we can't afford to repeat it this season. I'm not saying that we are underachieving right now, not after 10 games. But so far we are not playing as good as we can. We had injuries, there's going to be a time of adjustment with JO, so it's early. Sam will be safe this season, unless we're really going south. That being said, the general agreement is that we must get to the 2nd round to reach potential, so overachievement would be to either get to the finals (conf), or to get really close (i.e. 6 or 7 games against a very good team in the semis). Otherwise, it will be kind of obvious that the 2006 is more of a fluke - or that Sam's not the ideal coach for a good team and more fit for teams in reconstruction.
moremilk is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 06:01 PM   #83 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Superjudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 17,592
Representing:
Default

You see, It isn't until I finally step up, and say my piece that Mitchell is finally fired.

It's because I am smart like Socrates.

Jackals!
Superjudge is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 06:14 PM   #84 (permalink)
is back baby

Large and in charge
 
Snooch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: All up in there
Posts: 8,160
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post
You see, It isn't until I finally step up, and say my piece that Mitchell is finally fired.

It's because I am smart like Socrates.

Jackals!
Ahem.....
Snooch is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 07:20 PM   #85 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Superjudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 17,592
Representing:
Default

you love it and you know it bitch!
Superjudge is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 07:40 PM   #86 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Senior Member
 
TORaptor4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,377
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post
You see, It isn't until I finally step up, and say my piece that Mitchell is finally fired.

It's because I am smart like Socrates.

Jackals!
Where's that witty blonde lass when we need her to put you in your place?
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 08:19 PM   #87 (permalink)
LX
present minded

In the Paint


 
LX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 27,931
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post
You see, It isn't until I finally step up, and say my piece that Mitchell is finally fired.

It's because I am smart like Socrates.

Jackals!
Or wins COTY like the last time you stepped up. Wow - the odds of a coin toss. You are good!
LX is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 08:20 PM   #88 (permalink)
is back baby

Large and in charge
 
Snooch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: All up in there
Posts: 8,160
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post
you love it and you know it bitch!
Fuckin eh....

Ive been calling it for some time though too, so I prefer to think it was because I ised a wishbone on it recently.
Snooch is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 09:39 PM   #89 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Superjudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 17,592
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by •LX• View Post
Or wins COTY like the last time you stepped up. Wow - the odds of a coin toss. You are good!
Aw come on man, envy doesn't suit you!
Superjudge is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 09:45 PM   #90 (permalink)
LX
present minded

In the Paint


 
LX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 27,931
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post
Aw come on man, envy doesn't suit you!
No envy. I'm just saying that I didn't call Sam winning that stupid COTY award every year, just the year that he won it. That's batting 1.000 baby!
LX is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 09:55 PM   #91 (permalink)
contemplating

The Killing Joke

 
Claudius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Burkina Faso, Disputed Zone
Posts: 10,029
Representing:
Send a message via MSN to Claudius
Default

SJ didnt you say earlier today that you didn't think he would be fired?

Easy to be right when both bases are covered eh
Claudius is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 10:00 PM   #92 (permalink)
LX
present minded

In the Paint


 
LX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 27,931
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claudius View Post
SJ didnt you say earlier today that you didn't think he would be fired?

Easy to be right when both bases are covered eh
Oh-oh the percentage is dropping.
LX is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 10:23 PM   #93 (permalink)
is dead inside

you ain't bout that life
 
Gurk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 21,224
Representing:
Default

COTY- should stand for Con of the year in Mitchell's case ugh
Gurk is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 09:27 AM   #94 (permalink)
the fighter of the Nightman

Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Cherry Bomb
 
Barracuda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 7,962
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever View Post
Where's that witty blonde lass when we need her to put you in your place?
She gave up on him, and fell asleep... again.
Barracuda is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
At least 13 dead in shootings in NY jeffb Entertainment Lounge 35 04-07-2009 09:17 AM
the dead horse Ugo Ferst Toronto Raptors 35 12-11-2008 07:22 PM
Ron Lancaster Dead at 69 Claudius Other Sports 2 09-18-2008 02:27 PM
Don Lafontaine Dead... Benzo Entertainment Lounge 3 09-02-2008 01:07 PM
Bernie Mac Dead at 50 Dr. J. Naismith Entertainment Lounge 8 08-10-2008 09:22 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:44 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24