Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards

Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/)
-   Toronto Raptors (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/)
-   -   DD and the USC hype train (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/dd-usc-hype-train-22544.html)

carp 03-22-2012 06:59 PM

DD and the USC hype train
 
Anyone recall anyone memorable to ever come out of USC and make a real impact in the NBA? Was just discussing MKG, Beal, and other prospects when the quality of programs came up and what kind of impact that actually has on young players. There seems to be a lot of flashy guys that haven't really translated the hype and flash into great careers.

Former USC NBA players:
Nick Young
Brian Scalabrine
Gabe Pruitt
O.J. Mayo
Desmon Farmer
Renaldo Balkman
Robert Pack
Harold Minor

I'm sure there are many more..... feel free to add to the list. The real question is, after looking at this list, does it make you think any less of DD's potential and likelihood to fulfill it?

LX 03-22-2012 07:10 PM

Just like myself, DD left a bunch of Trojans behind.

EggsToTheBBQ 03-22-2012 07:11 PM

NBA & ABA Players Who Attended University of Southern California | Basketball-Reference.com

KoolAid 03-22-2012 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LX (Post 629198)
Just like myself, DD left a bunch of Trojans behind.

http://www.merchandisingplaza.ca/ima...35921/img4.jpg

RaptorsandBuckeye FaN 03-22-2012 07:13 PM

Brian Scalabrine!!!!!!!!

bjjs 03-22-2012 07:24 PM

I'm confused by the title of your post. Is there hype around USC's program???

carp 03-22-2012 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjjs (Post 629203)
I'm confused by the title of your post. Is there hype around USC's program???

Feel free to change it.... I suppose there isn't.

RaptorsandBuckeye FaN 03-22-2012 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjjs (Post 629203)
I'm confused by the title of your post. Is there hype around USC's program???

There is hype around USC program ONLY if this thread turns into a college football thread.

LX 03-22-2012 07:32 PM


bjjs 03-22-2012 07:36 PM

Is Derozan even flashy? I wouldn't consider him as flashy as Bargnani or Barbosa, perhaps even Bayless. I guess it all depends on the definition of flashy.

LX 03-22-2012 07:38 PM

Maybe had he been on Soul Train instead of hype train, he would truly be flashy


bjjs 03-22-2012 07:40 PM

That video defines flashy about as much as anything. Derozan needs more flashy.

finstock 03-22-2012 07:41 PM

How many NBA'ers have feature films based on their accomplishments? Let alone, sequels?

http://s3.amazonaws.com/data.tumblr....oewgRvaEEeQ%3D

pzabby 03-22-2012 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carp (Post 629196)
Anyone recall anyone memorable to ever come out of USC and make a real impact in the NBA? Was just discussing MKG, Beal, and other prospects when the quality of programs came up and what kind of impact that actually has on young players. There seems to be a lot of flashy guys that haven't really translated the hype and flash into great careers.

Former USC NBA players:
Nick Young
Brian Scalabrine
Gabe Pruitt
O.J. Mayo
Desmon Farmer
Renaldo Balkman
OJ Mayo
Robert Pack
Harold Minor

I'm sure there are many more..... feel free to add to the list. The real question is, after looking at this list, does it make you think any less of DD's potential and likelihood to fulfill it?

you missed mayo ;)

Bankiz 03-23-2012 02:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pzabby (Post 629241)
you missed mayo ;)

LOL

and taj gibson !!!!

carp 03-23-2012 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pzabby (Post 629241)
you missed mayo ;)

Mayo was on that list..... Gibson was not.

The recent track record of USC guys doesn't seem good..... makes me question DD's ability to maximize his supposed potential. That's all. I'm sure most still believe him to be a stud prospect, but I'm just tired of seeing him outplayed by so many random young SG's. What do I know though.... nothing. I don't even know what fancy means.

Acie 03-23-2012 09:19 AM

I find it quite comical how you constantly harp on the inadequacies of some of the Raps young pieces, but still vehemently defend "The Enigma" who has been outplayed by opposing bigs on most nights for the better part of seven seasons. Perhaps it's all just part of some schtick you've got going on?

carp 03-23-2012 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Acie (Post 629313)
I find it quite comical how you constantly harp on the inadequacies of some of the Raps young pieces, but still vehemently defend "The Enigma" who has been outplayed by opposing bigs on most nights for the better part of seven seasons. Perhaps it's all just part of some schtick you've got going on?

Yes. You're right. I've got a schtick.... let's make this about Bargnani.

Just delete the thread if you want.... why is this forum so angry? If my involvement is unwanted, just tell me to leave. Whatever, who cares. I wasn't harping on DD, I was trying to elicit some responses that could challenge my opinion not just whine about it.

Cheers.

Acie 03-23-2012 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carp (Post 629316)
Yes. You're right. I've got a schtick.... let's make this about Bargnani.

Just delete the thread if you want.... why is this forum so angry? If my involvement is unwanted, just tell me to leave. Whatever, who cares. I wasn't harping on DD, I was trying to elicit some responses that could challenge my opinion not just whine about it.

Cheers.

Oh get over yourself - you make nearly every thread about how Davis and DeRozan suck and every game thread is crammed full of derogatory barbs directed at them as well.

Everyone knew Derozan was raw and still is. He's got a long way to go, but I don't get the USC hype thing you're trying to imply. He's not a flashy player at all (maybe he was incorrectly touted as such) and it's not like it's a basketball powerhouse with top recruits clamouring to go there - they haven't even made a Final Four since the mid-50's.

carp 03-23-2012 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Acie (Post 629321)
Oh get over yourself - you make nearly every thread about how Davis and DeRozan suck and every game thread is crammed full of derogatory barbs directed at them as well.

Everyone knew Derozan was raw and still is. He's got a long way to go, but I don't get the USC hype thing you're trying to imply. He's not a flashy player at all and it's not like it's a basketball powerhouse with top recruits clamouring to go there - they haven't even made a Final Four since the mid-50's.

Sorry for making every thread about my schtick. lol. If you disagree with the USC thing, it could be said without attacking someone like a total dick. Get over yourself as well. It's not about the program, it's about the players.... if you don't get it, I apologize, I didn't articulate my point clearly or effectively.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:11 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24