Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards

Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/)
-   Toronto Raptors (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/)
-   -   dd-casey relationship (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/dd-casey-relationship-22028.html)

pzabby 01-28-2012 02:02 AM

dd-casey relationship
 
i was thinking about the DD dillema and i took it as eerily similar to bargnani with mitchell. bargnani stopped producing/improving, coach of the year gets canned. you think this'll happen with casey? or has brian learned his lesson? discuss

box92 01-28-2012 02:09 AM

no way casey gets canned if demar is not producing, bargs is playing way better with casey here

RaptorsFan4Life 01-28-2012 02:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by box1992 (Post 606294)
no way casey gets canned if demar is not producing, bargs is playing way better with casey here

This. I think at the worst of the worst, DD will get traded.

Don Vito 01-28-2012 09:43 AM

You really think DD is that valuable? He is god awful this season, they won't can casey because DeMar is a bad player.

Carlito 01-28-2012 10:01 AM

Casey is not at risk ... He is all about changing the culture .. Defense and Hustle.
As long as you leave it on the court ... You play.
He hasn't yet demonstrated strong teaching / mentoring skills that relates to the young players. This is probably due to compressed training camp and playing schedule.

Acie 01-28-2012 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pzabby (Post 606292)
i was thinking about the DD dillema and i took it as eerily similar to bargnani with mitchell. bargnani stopped producing/improving, coach of the year gets canned. you think this'll happen with casey? or has brian learned his lesson? discuss

A month into the season and it's eerily similar to something that isn't even necessarily true in the first place?

Bankiz 01-28-2012 10:26 AM

i think DD is just a player whom need time to adjust every time.
rookie season he put big number during the second half of the season.
last year he begin to produce end december. (2 month in the season)
this season he average 14pts per game. not so bad in fact.
but the last games he buy on the defense, taking charges, being more a glue to his opponant, and doing great in the zone D.
so maybe his jum shot isn't falling, but he has change his abilities to defend. and i think if casey stay with him in the starting jjob it's because of that.
maybe casey recognize that DD need time to adjust, and give him. because he know better that us what DD is capable of.

we all know this season is'nt about winning, but build a new culture. some player whom are "work ethic ones/gym rats" will adjust and begin to produce more on Defense.

time is a luxe, i'm agree, that the team doesn't have this season. no time for training camp, and no real time for training session. and we are the team which had play the more game on the road.
Not easy for anybody to adjust in this condition.
but yes, bargs done it, so why the hell, DD can't do it ???
i understand, but remenber, he is still young, and he has some upside, we all know it. it's frustrating. i'm sure he will figure out a way to go more to the basket.
we have two guy with DD and JJ whom have some athletic abilities, and i want to see more of that. why the hell Jose doesn't make lob to them ???

pzabby 01-28-2012 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Acie (Post 606323)
A month into the season and it's eerily similar to something that isn't even necessarily true in the first place?

the fact that mitchell got canned about a month into the season doesn't justify this thought?

jeffb 01-28-2012 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pzabby (Post 606338)
the fact that mitchell got canned about a month into the season doesn't justify this thought?


It was Mitchell's 5th season I believe. And Bargnani's 3rd season under Mitchell. This is different.

Acie 01-28-2012 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pzabby (Post 606338)
the fact that mitchell got canned about a month into the season doesn't justify this thought?

No.

DD has played for Casey for about a month with no training camp and Sam had Andrea for parts of three seasons, so therefore it's not a valid comparison. Also, Andrea's regression in his second season had less to do with Sam and more to do with a plethora of nagging injuries and he was playing well alongside JO the next year before Sam got canned.

Superjudge 01-28-2012 11:37 AM

Derozan reminds me of Harold Minor

pzabby 01-28-2012 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Acie (Post 606340)
No.

DD has played for Casey for about a month with no training camp and Sam had Andrea for parts of three seasons, so therefore it's not a valid comparison. Also, Andrea's regression in his second season had less to do with Sam and more to do with a plethora of nagging injuries and he was playing well alongside JO the next year before Sam got canned.

but a lot of people were saying he got fired because of bargnani not producing no?

carp 01-28-2012 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pzabby (Post 606364)
but a lot of people were saying he got fired because of bargnani not producing no?

that was false. His offensive system was primitive. He was fantastic for Bosh, but couldn't relate to many players. He's likely a fantastic assistant coach but he got a lot of praise for a year that it shouldn't have been seen as all his doing.

ClingRap 01-28-2012 01:53 PM

You can't win in this league without a significant scoring threat from the two or three position. We don't have that. We suck. And so does DeMar.
I'm really disappointed with his development. teams have started playing him to drive. They've been sitting on his handle, and since he has none and very little fluidity to his game, he winds up running into people, shooting off-balance, or turning the ball over in pressure situations.
Plus his jumper is no where near as good as it was last year. When he was hot, the one thing you could count on was 6-10 points from mid-range jumpers. Haven't seen much of that this year. He's getting touches, but is passing on a lot of the opportunities he took advantage of last year.

LX 01-28-2012 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carp (Post 606367)
that was false. His offensive system was primitive. He was fantastic for Bosh, but couldn't relate to many players. He's likely a fantastic assistant coach but he got a lot of praise for a year that it shouldn't have been seen as all his doing.

And that is true how exactly?

He could relate just fine. Andrea likely wasn't all that accepting of what was demanded of him, and always had BC and Maurizio to run to. What part of the succesful season was not his doing? Are you saying it was one big accident? How did the team do when he got fired?

Sam was a scapegoat after a bunch of non-NBA calibre players were brought in and Jermaine started complaining immediately. It went beyond Andrea's role and whatever differences came into play there. The golden boy GM needed to spare his reputation and so kicked the coach to the curb after the coach did everything he could to bring a lot of praise Bryan's way.

The current situation is very different. Entirely different expectations on everyone. The GM is still going to need to get this coach some players to work with, and is likely on the hot seat far more than this coach, and rightfully so.

Snooch 01-28-2012 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LX (Post 606435)
And that is true how exactly?

He could relate just fine. Andrea likely wasn't all that accepting of what was demanded of him, and always had BC and Maurizio to run to. What part of the succesful season was not his doing? Are you saying it was one big accident? How did the team do when he got fired?

Sam was a scapegoat after a bunch of non-NBA calibre players were brought in and Jermaine started complaining immediately. It went beyond Andrea's role and whatever differences came into play there. The golden boy GM needed to spare his reputation and so kicked the coach to the curb after the coach did everything he could to bring a lot of praise Bryan's way.

The current situation is very different. Entirely different expectations on everyone. The GM is still going to need to get this coach some players to work with, and is likely on the hot seat far more than this coach, and rightfully so.

if Sam was such an awesome fucking coach, why doesnt he have a coaching job?

LX 01-28-2012 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snooch (Post 606442)
if Sam was such an awesome fucking coach, why doesnt he have a coaching job?

Who said he was such a fucking awesome coach? And are you going to tell me that awesome coaches go without getting jobs? How long did it take Casey to get another gig - and with a shit team nonetheless - after being scapegoated himself?

Snooch 01-28-2012 06:18 PM

he went 1 year.

and awesome coaches don't go without getting jobs.

and Sam wasn't a scapegoat, he showed his ineptitude on a daily basis. If you couldn't see that then your head was farther up your own ass than i though possible.

Don Vito 01-28-2012 06:22 PM

This sums up Mitchell's entire coaching career.

http://images.suite101.com/582604_com_t1_mitchel.jpg

LX 01-28-2012 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snooch (Post 606458)
he went 1 year.

and awesome coaches don't go without getting jobs.

and Sam wasn't a scapegoat, he showed his ineptitude on a daily basis. If you couldn't see that then your head was farther up your own ass than i though possible.

1 year? In what alternate universe?
And no I don't share your opinion. That doesn't mean you get to sling feces like a fucking chimp.

How did the team do since his departure? As for that primitive offense Carp speaks of - how much less primitive did it get since he left?

And you failed to answer my question about where anyone said he was an awesome coach?


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:38 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24