David Aldridge: I hope the Raptors win the lottery - Page 3
Old 05-07-2012, 07:49 PM   #41 (permalink)
If I ruled the world...

Sippin' On Myself
 
KoolAid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Yes
Posts: 3,624
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
Umm, isn't that what I said? Thanks for performing your calculations?
Sorry, misunderstood what you said. My bad.
KoolAid is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 07:59 PM   #42 (permalink)
hardly home but always reppin'

Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 124
Representing:
Default

Do the lottery live and then I'll believe that it's not manipulated.
ejeezy is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 08:09 PM   #43 (permalink)
Nasty, right? I cocked that joint back and banged on him!

Lackey
 
Ammo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: The Mighty North Tundra
Posts: 3,652
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahhhnth View Post
we're not winning the lotto. conversation over.
I'd say with their 25% chance, the bobcats aren't winning the lottery. And it would look good on them. The question is, who's going to luck out?
Ammo is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 08:30 PM   #44 (permalink)
LOG
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
LOG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Toronto
Posts: 9,294
Representing:
Default

We are not winning the lottery with our pick, but we can't say that we can't win it at all. The almighty BC might be making some extraordinary plans how to move up or trade for a pick.
LOG is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 09:04 PM   #45 (permalink)
useless

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,200
Representing:
Default

If it's rigged then New Orleans will get the first pick.
EggsToTheBBQ is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 09:21 PM   #46 (permalink)
Waiting for DD's 1st in game wind mill Dunk

Senior Member

 
halphbreedballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: T.O.
Posts: 4,799
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejeezy View Post
Do the lottery live and then I'll believe that it's not manipulated.
Agreed! But isnt there a way to possibly controle the balls with all this technology im pretty sure it is being rigged by someone...
But who knows?
halphbreedballer is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 09:53 PM   #47 (permalink)
is on that grind

Senior Member
 
jumplvlan23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,053
Representing:
Default

I always liked David Aldridge
jumplvlan23 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 09:59 PM   #48 (permalink)
sticking to his guns... is stuck to his guns...

Senior Member

 
DanH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Montreal, QC
Posts: 4,773
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejeezy View Post
Do the lottery live and then I'll believe that it's not manipulated.
I keep seeing people say this, and it makes no sense to me. Anyone who has been to a magic or illusionist show knows that it is very possible to hide the truth of what is happening, even from an intently watching live audience.
DanH is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 12:52 AM   #49 (permalink)
Jonas needs minutes

Senior Member
 
rapsmannn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3,707
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Bargnani/Derozan

for

Iggy

Sign Eric Gordon, re-sign Barbosa

Jose
Gordon
Iggy
A. Davis
Joval

Bench: FA PG (Bayless?), Barbosa, JJ, Kleiza, E. Davis, Amir, Gray?
So we trade our best player for the sixers 3rd or 4th best player. Good plan
rapsmannn is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 12:55 AM   #50 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 76,189
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapsmannn View Post
So we trade our best player for the sixers 3rd or 4th best player. Good plan
3rd or 4th? hehe....ok

besides, that lineup is better then what we'll end up with i'm sure. And if Bargnnai is our best player, things need to change one way or another.

Last edited by jeffb; 05-08-2012 at 12:58 AM.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 01:01 AM   #51 (permalink)
Jonas needs minutes

Senior Member
 
rapsmannn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3,707
Representing:
Default

So Evan turner, holiday, Lou Williams are players I would rather have. I remember Bargnani destroying the sixers. Evan turner is a beast gets in lane effortlessly something demar can't do because of dribbling skills
rapsmannn is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 01:03 AM   #52 (permalink)
Masai Ujiri

Senior Member
 
Kirby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 6,800
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapsmannn View Post
So Evan turner, holiday, Lou Williams are players I would rather have. I remember Bargnani destroying the sixers. Evan turner is a beast gets in lane effortlessly something demar can't do because of dribbling skills


is this a joke? over Iguodala?
Kirby is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 01:05 AM   #53 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 76,189
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby View Post


is this a joke? over Iguodala?
Well, him saying Bargnani destroys the sixers then praising their guards is kind of funny too. lol
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 01:14 AM   #54 (permalink)
Jonas needs minutes

Senior Member
 
rapsmannn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3,707
Representing:
Default

Are you guys serious. Only reason why the sixers are beating the bulls Evan turner, holiday and spencer hawes hitting open shots. Clearly not watching that series. By the way Bargs had 24 Pts 5 reb last time raps played the sixers igoudala had 6 Pts and 4 Rebs while playing two more minutes than Bargs which 36 minutes. All I was saying I wouldn't trade Bargs for there 4th best player I wasn't dissing ther guard play only dissing iggy who over rated. You know when iggy takes a shot the whole sixers crowd cringes especially 3s

Last edited by rapsmannn; 05-08-2012 at 01:17 AM.
rapsmannn is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 09:54 AM   #55 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,494
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapsmannn View Post
Are you guys serious. Only reason why the sixers are beating the bulls Evan turner, holiday and spencer hawes hitting open shots. Clearly not watching that series. By the way Bargs had 24 Pts 5 reb last time raps played the sixers igoudala had 6 Pts and 4 Rebs while playing two more minutes than Bargs which 36 minutes. All I was saying I wouldn't trade Bargs for there 4th best player I wasn't dissing ther guard play only dissing iggy who over rated. You know when iggy takes a shot the whole sixers crowd cringes especially 3s
From my vantage point, you're putting too much emphasis on the offensive side of the ball in evaluating philly players. Iggy is there best player and it's not really close. Sure, Turner, Jrue and Hawes have each shown flashes and prolonged stretches and may eventually get there.....

Bargs going off against them is completely independent of how good Iggy is.
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 10:26 AM   #56 (permalink)
sticking to his guns... is stuck to his guns...

Senior Member

 
DanH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Montreal, QC
Posts: 4,773
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
From my vantage point, you're putting too much emphasis on the offensive side of the ball in evaluating philly players. Iggy is there best player and it's not really close. Sure, Turner, Jrue and Hawes have each shown flashes and prolonged stretches and may eventually get there.....

Bargs going off against them is completely independent of how good Iggy is.
Iguodala is one of the best defenders in the entire game. At the SF position, he holds his opponents to a PER of 8.7 (!!) and an eFG% of .404. A PER of 8.7 means he turns everyone he faces into Anthony Carter. An eFG% of .404 means he turns everyone he faces into a mix of Corey Maggette and Ben Wallace on offense. On top of that, he almost NEVER fouls, averaging only 1.5 fouls per 36 minutes.

He also leads his team in assists (and assist rate, in case you want to suggest this is because of minutes or pace) - something I was shocked to see.

His impact on his team's defense when he is on the floor versus off is astounding. Not only does the team improve by about 3 points allowed per 100 possessions, but their opponent's eFG% drops from 49% to 45% as soon as his feet touch the hardwood.

So all that aside, which frankly is already enough to make him their best player, he is also not a specialist. He is 3rd on the team in TS% (better than Lou Williams, Hawes, Turner, Holiday), first in eFG%, first in STL%, and doesn't command a high usage rate (17.7%, really low - think Jose Calderon shooting rate).
DanH is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 10:45 AM   #57 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,494
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanH View Post
Iguodala is one of the best defenders in the entire game. At the SF position, he holds his opponents to a PER of 8.7 (!!) and an eFG% of .404. A PER of 8.7 means he turns everyone he faces into Anthony Carter. An eFG% of .404 means he turns everyone he faces into a mix of Corey Maggette and Ben Wallace on offense. On top of that, he almost NEVER fouls, averaging only 1.5 fouls per 36 minutes.

He also leads his team in assists (and assist rate, in case you want to suggest this is because of minutes or pace) - something I was shocked to see.

His impact on his team's defense when he is on the floor versus off is astounding. Not only does the team improve by about 3 points allowed per 100 possessions, but their opponent's eFG% drops from 49% to 45% as soon as his feet touch the hardwood.

So all that aside, which frankly is already enough to make him their best player, he is also not a specialist. He is 3rd on the team in TS% (better than Lou Williams, Hawes, Turner, Holiday), first in eFG%, first in STL%, and doesn't command a high usage rate (17.7%, really low - think Jose Calderon shooting rate).
All of this really illuminates how good both Iggy and DanH really are. It's astounding. Well put Carp... why thank you.
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 02:25 PM   #58 (permalink)
Gam zeh ya'avor

The Gatekeeper
 
MikeToronto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 3,997
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanH View Post
Iguodala is one of the best defenders in the entire game. At the SF position, he holds his opponents to a PER of 8.7 (!!) and an eFG% of .404. A PER of 8.7 means he turns everyone he faces into Anthony Carter. An eFG% of .404 means he turns everyone he faces into a mix of Corey Maggette and Ben Wallace on offense. On top of that, he almost NEVER fouls, averaging only 1.5 fouls per 36 minutes.

He also leads his team in assists (and assist rate, in case you want to suggest this is because of minutes or pace) - something I was shocked to see.

His impact on his team's defense when he is on the floor versus off is astounding. Not only does the team improve by about 3 points allowed per 100 possessions, but their opponent's eFG% drops from 49% to 45% as soon as his feet touch the hardwood.

So all that aside, which frankly is already enough to make him their best player, he is also not a specialist. He is 3rd on the team in TS% (better than Lou Williams, Hawes, Turner, Holiday), first in eFG%, first in STL%, and doesn't command a high usage rate (17.7%, really low - think Jose Calderon shooting rate).
Yep. And to think - everyone and their mother were screaming for us to draft the guy, but Babcock had to reach for Araujo...
MikeToronto is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 04:46 PM   #59 (permalink)
Keep it simple

Senior Member
 
Dario's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 8,931
Representing:
Send a message via Skype™ to Dario
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanH View Post
Iguodala is one of the best defenders in the entire game. At the SF position, he holds his opponents to a PER of 8.7 (!!) and an eFG% of .404. A PER of 8.7 means he turns everyone he faces into Anthony Carter. An eFG% of .404 means he turns everyone he faces into a mix of Corey Maggette and Ben Wallace on offense. On top of that, he almost NEVER fouls, averaging only 1.5 fouls per 36 minutes.

He also leads his team in assists (and assist rate, in case you want to suggest this is because of minutes or pace) - something I was shocked to see.

His impact on his team's defense when he is on the floor versus off is astounding. Not only does the team improve by about 3 points allowed per 100 possessions, but their opponent's eFG% drops from 49% to 45% as soon as his feet touch the hardwood.

So all that aside, which frankly is already enough to make him their best player, he is also not a specialist. He is 3rd on the team in TS% (better than Lou Williams, Hawes, Turner, Holiday), first in eFG%, first in STL%, and doesn't command a high usage rate (17.7%, really low - think Jose Calderon shooting rate).
Dang 1.6 fouls per 36 minutes? and still an awesome defender?
Dario is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 08:01 PM   #60 (permalink)
La Decima!!!!!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 7,223
Representing:
Default

And, AI can play both SG and SF.
LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24