Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards

Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/)
-   Toronto Raptors (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/)
-   -   dailytabla basketball articles (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/dailytabla-basketball-articles-23839.html)

ballguru 10-18-2012 07:50 AM

dailytabla basketball articles
 
how far can these two take us. article below

How Far Can Kyle Lowry and Jonas Valanciunas push the Raptors? - DailyTabla

should be fun two watch these 2 grow together...i agree with the author...these 2 are our future

'trane 10-18-2012 08:00 AM

dude - why do you have 3 user names on this site? i appreciate that you want to push your blog, but registering 3 times and then posting separate threads for each article you put up is looking a lot like spam.

ballguru 10-18-2012 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'trane (Post 689983)
dude - why do you have 3 user names on this site? i appreciate that you want to push your blog, but registering 3 times and then posting separate threads for each article you put up is looking a lot like spam.

well actually both me and my friend who work on the articles on this site have raptors forum accounts...thats y the author of the author is different on the previews than this one...we both write on that site so wen i wrote this and thot it would fit into this forum i put it up...you should be able to tell by the writing styles, he is a good writer who is trying to be a sports writer and i write personal opinions...and the 3rd account?...that should clear everything up

raptor123 10-18-2012 11:24 AM

JV will grow and become a force in the NBA, however Lowry will only be here a short time. Lowry is 26 years old the media during last nights pre season game made him to be some God. Now that Lowry has played a game we all can see that he does NOT walk on water. What Lowry brings is pure hard nosed hustle....but man oh man he lacks court vision.....he tried to force a shot where it got rejected down his throat and out his ass ....later in the game he pulled a TJ Ford trying to drive through 3 guys we are not talking about a rookie here.there was no hole...no chance ....actually awful.....Now regarding his defence he leaves his man all the time he runs around always chasing the ball.....he plays help defence most of time.
Lowry we can say played one game.....yeah its only one game....but you dont teach court vision its you have it or you dont. I hate to see this pit bull try to carry this team because he will be a turn over machine.

jeffb 10-18-2012 11:27 AM

Kyle Lowry is our leader, you could see it on the floor last night, hell he even got Landry Fields going. Valanciunas on the other hand has impressed me, he seems under control a lot more than i thought he'd be and so far foul trouble hasn't been an issue. That'sll likely change when the season starts. These two players are why we're headed in the right direction. Both are high energy, defensive minded players.

jeffb 10-18-2012 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raptor123 (Post 690011)
I hate to see this pit bull try to carry this team because he will be a turn over machine.

You're reaching as usual. Lowry has never been a turnover machine.

Lowry- 1.8 Turnovers per game for his career (27mpg)
Calderon- 1.7 Turnovers per game for his career (28mpg)

I understand your dislike for Lowry since he threatens Calderon's minutes to some degree. Which imo are that threatened since he's still going to get roughly 25mpg anyway. But everyone throughout the league agrees we've upgraded the PG position at both ends. We needed a PG that can defend, play up tempo, score and distribute. In other words, do it all and Lowry does that. Calderon is a good PG but on many NBA teams he's a backup and thats no different now on this team.

raptor123 10-18-2012 11:36 AM

As Casey said in his interview Jose and Amir saved us in the game. These 2 guys are the Raptors version of Nash and Amare !

raptor123 10-18-2012 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffb (Post 690013)
You're reaching as usual. Lowry has never been a turnover machine.

Lowry- 1.8 Turnovers per game for his career (27mpg)
Calderon- 1.7 Turnovers per game for his career (28mpg)

Raptors pre season Game together

Lowry 3 turnovers lucky not to have more

Calderon 0 turnovers and if guys like Davis had any hands would have had a easy double double in 23 minutes

m5racer 10-18-2012 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raptor123 (Post 690015)
Raptors pre season Game together

Lowry 3 turnovers lucky not to have more

Calderon 0 turnovers and if guys like Davis had any hands would have had a easy double double in 23 minutes

Dude just give up now....calderon suck, hes a off the bench pg...he cant guard starting PG's...and honestly, he cant really defend against anyone so screw Calderon....did you now see how lowery attacks the paint....unlike calderon who slows down every play to a half court set

jeffb 10-18-2012 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by m5racer (Post 690018)
Dude just give up now....calderon suck, hes a off the bench pg...he cant guard starting PG's...and honestly, he cant really defend against anyone so screw Calderon....did you now see how lowery attacks the paint....unlike calderon who slows down every play to a half court set

Sucks? Are you kidding? Even i can't say he sucks with a straight face. As much as his style usually drives me nuts he's a good PG, some would say very good. IMO Lowry is far better for what we need, and defensively it's no contest but i see the value of having Jose on this team. Would i like to se him traded? Depends what day you ask me, the more i see both play i'll probably wish more and more that it could work with Jose off the bench for 20-25mpg because imo our PG position is by far our best position. When was the last time we could say that about our PG depth. It's impressive imo.

Ball Don't Lie 10-18-2012 12:39 PM

Can we all just ignore raptor123s obvious trolling? Its a shock he hasnt been banned yet.

Shadowfax 10-18-2012 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thriller92 (Post 690024)
Can we all just ignore raptor123s obvious trolling? Its a shock he hasnt been banned yet.

+1

rapsmannn 10-18-2012 03:26 PM

anything jonas or ross can give us this season is a huge bonus,

this team will go as far as bargnani and lowry takes them

depth on this team is solid now, if one of these guys can step up and have a season like andrea did in his first year then where going to be in good shape becuase andrea was a great sixth man on that team, he would come off the bench and provide some easy points

raptor123 10-18-2012 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by m5racer (Post 690018)
Dude just give up now....calderon suck, hes a off the bench pg...he cant guard starting PG's...and honestly, he cant really defend against anyone so screw Calderon....did you now see how lowery attacks the paint....unlike calderon who slows down every play to a half court set

Attacking the paint...u see him get rejected so badly that the ball went down his throat and out his ass. You guys got to open up your eyes are we making him a movie star with all this hype. Calderon clearly out played him in this game. Calderon was the player of the game. Calderon go in the game with us behind Calderon goes out with us in the lead...Calderon and Luca bring it in the second half and all you think that Lowry was shining......media wants him to succeed so do i but what the fuck..... he was average made some bad decisions.... but helll he works his ass off unlike Calderon who works smarter.....We need Lowry to start and Calderon will raise the bar when he comes in.....Calderon will be more aggressive off the bench making him that high paid relief pitcher that good teams need. So keep stroking Lowry he will need it.....hes wired alittle differant then most but we need him just as much as need Calderon.

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore?gid=2012101728 top performer

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore?gid=2012101008

I know its only pre season but Caldy player of the game 2 out 3.....so he must be doing something right lol !!!!!

raptor123 10-18-2012 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thriller92 (Post 690024)
Can we all just ignore raptor123s obvious trolling? Its a shock he hasnt been banned yet.

banned from what for being right from the day i started posting on this site......i go back to our old board ......geeze all i want to see is Toronto win !!!!!

wchoi213 10-18-2012 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by m5racer (Post 690018)
Dude just give up now....calderon suck, hes a off the bench pg...he cant guard starting PG's...and honestly, he cant really defend against anyone so screw Calderon....did you now see how lowery attacks the paint....unlike calderon who slows down every play to a half court set

I would say he is one dimensional player that has zero defense. You can say someone "sucks", if that person is not good at anything.

However, Calderon is the top 5 passing PG in the league and is well known for his low Turnover rate. I bet Calderon will be able to provide more Alley-oop than most of PGs out there in NBA, if given same amount of playing time.

Lowry-Calderon lineup would be great, because each player provides what other lacks - Lowry providing D that Calderon doesn't have, Calderon providing Stability that Lowry might lack.

Superjudge 10-18-2012 09:12 PM

Calderon and JL3 gave Washing ton fits when they swung the ball last night, on a few sequences they got like 3-4 open looks at the three in a row.

Its was fun.

Jose, if he stays, will start to fuck teams up as he gets comfortable with the shooter mentality, that kid can stroke it man.

jeffb 10-18-2012 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superjudge (Post 690108)
Jose, if he stays, will start to fuck teams up as he gets comfortable with the shooter mentality, that kid can stroke it man.

He absolutely can, all 3 PG's can. I'm really hoping that Jose shoots more playing with the second unit. The guy is a 38% 3PT shooter and he needs to play to that strength, i've always said that. Not saying he has to abandon his passing abilities but i'd like to see him be a little less conservative with his shooting. I love the depth i'm seeing at the PG position and they all bring different things to the table.

Dario 10-18-2012 11:34 PM

Lowry and fields, tomorows game, fields revenge

LOG 10-18-2012 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raptor123 (Post 690058)
Attacking the paint...u see him get rejected so badly that the ball went down his throat and out his ass. You guys got to open up your eyes are we making him a movie star with all this hype. Calderon clearly out played him in this game. Calderon was the player of the game. Calderon go in the game with us behind Calderon goes out with us in the lead...Calderon and Luca bring it in the second half and all you think that Lowry was shining......media wants him to succeed so do i but what the fuck..... he was average made some bad decisions.... but helll he works his ass off unlike Calderon who works smarter.....We need Lowry to start and Calderon will raise the bar when he comes in.....Calderon will be more aggressive off the bench making him that high paid relief pitcher that good teams need. So keep stroking Lowry he will need it.....hes wired alittle differant then most but we need him just as much as need Calderon.

Washington at Toronto | Wednesday October 17, 2012 | NBA - Yahoo! Sports top performer

Toronto at Detroit | Wednesday October 10, 2012 | NBA - Yahoo! Sports

I know its only pre season but Caldy player of the game 2 out 3.....so he must be doing something right lol !!!!!

I know you are a homer, but god damn..


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:37 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24