D. Smith: What's the difference between Johnson and O'Bryant?
Old 08-18-2009, 03:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
a gearbox of epic proportions.

Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,051
Representing:
Send a message via MSN to B-RAD
Default D. Smith: What's the difference between Johnson and O'Bryant?

Quote:
Here’s an interesting angle I read from more than a few people yesterday: “Yeah, Amir Johnson’s only 22 and you know that young big men blossom late.”

I hope these are not the same people who have spent most of the summer telling me how horrible Patrick O’Bryant is and how he’s a bust.

O’Bryant’s less than a year older, taller, longer and probably as – if not more – athletic.

Yet people want to run him out of town and yet are willing to see how Johnson develops?

Odd.
Doug Smith's Toronto Raptors blog


He makes a very interesting point. I would also like to add that weems is raw too and you want him gone. Also, Derozan is raw as well as Bellinelli a bit.

But, we think that they are both Toronto's saviour.

It's a strange, strange world. But, these are good points.
B-RAD is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 03:42 PM   #2 (permalink)
a dick

Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 3,151
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-RAD View Post
Doug Smith's Toronto Raptors blog


He makes a very interesting point. I would also like to add that weems is raw too and you want him gone. Also, Derozan is raw as well as Bellinelli a bit.

But, we think that they are both Toronto's saviour.

It's a strange, strange world. But, these are good points.
The difference between O'Bryant and Johnson is that Johnson can play. I'm not sure who is running Pops out of town. I thought he was a fan favorite. He has a million threads in here.

Last edited by Apollo; 08-18-2009 at 03:51 PM. Reason: Props go out to Sick, Wicked and Nasty!
Apollo is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 03:43 PM   #3 (permalink)
a Raptors fan

Free DeMar DeRozan

 
zachus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 3,833
Representing:
Default

Johnson seems to give a shit more than two games out of ten.
zachus is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 03:44 PM   #4 (permalink)
back

Senior Member
 
DuCa00795's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The Maratimes
Posts: 3,225
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachus View Post
Johnson seems to give a shit more than two games out of ten.
Don't be fooled so easily.

Sincerly,
Joe Dumars
DuCa00795 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 03:45 PM   #5 (permalink)
a dick

Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 3,151
Representing:
Default

Joe didn't mind Amir starting 1/3 of the games he played in last season.
Apollo is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 03:45 PM   #6 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummond so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 74,754
Representing:
Because POB doesn't seem to give a shit, he's emotionless and looks like he'd rather be in syberia then be on the court.
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 03:46 PM   #7 (permalink)
a gearbox of epic proportions.

Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,051
Representing:
Send a message via MSN to B-RAD
Default

patrick o' bryant was trying you could tell he just doesn't have the skills right now to get there.

why do you think bryan chose pob over pops and acquired him from boston in the first place? because he has potential.
B-RAD is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 03:47 PM   #8 (permalink)
a gearbox of epic proportions.

Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,051
Representing:
Send a message via MSN to B-RAD
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuCa00795 View Post
Don't be fooled so easily.

Sincerly,
Joe Dumars
omg, you didn't put cheers.

thankyou.
B-RAD is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 03:48 PM   #9 (permalink)
LX
synapse jelly

In the Paint


 
LX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 28,296
Representing:
Default

POB could very well end up better than Johnson. I've never liked psycho-analysis as any indicator of how a guy will develop.
LX is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 03:49 PM   #10 (permalink)
adoring his baby girl.

Senior Member
 
Sick, Wicked and Nasty!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Canada eh?
Posts: 3,288
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
I'm not sure who is running POB out of town. I thought he was a fan favorite. He has a million threads in here.
I think you might be thinking of POPS, not POB(Patrick Obryant)??
Sick, Wicked and Nasty! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 03:49 PM   #11 (permalink)
a dick

Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 3,151
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by •LX• View Post
POB could very well end up better than Johnson. I've never liked psycho-analysis as any indicator of how a guy will develop.
Amir is more consistent than Pops and that's saying something.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick, Wicked and Nasty! View Post
I think you might be thinking of POPS, not POB(Patrick Obryant)??
I did. Crossed wires. Good call.
Apollo is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 03:51 PM   #12 (permalink)
------------------------

Senior Member
 
XiaominWu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 3,416
Representing:
Default

Did he just say that POB was as athletic as Johnson? That's kuh-ray-zee.

And is anyone really expecting much from either of these guys?
XiaominWu is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 03:52 PM   #13 (permalink)
a gearbox of epic proportions.

Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,051
Representing:
Send a message via MSN to B-RAD
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by XiaominWu View Post
Did he just say that POB was as athletic as Johnson? That's kuh-ray-zee.

And is anyone really expecting much from either of these guys?
nopt at the moment. but, i expect them both to show improvement this year.
B-RAD is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 03:53 PM   #14 (permalink)
back

Senior Member
 
DuCa00795's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The Maratimes
Posts: 3,225
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
Joe didn't mind Amir starting 1/3 of the games he played in last season.
He was also willing to let him go quite easily after they realized he was inconsistent as hell. You notice in the playoffs he only played 4 min in the playoffs. Started mostly in the first half of the season, then when McDyess came back he was injured. And then we he got back from injury he wanted to come off the bench, but obviously the coaching staff thought differently. Remember when we had to start Loren Woods...Horrific days. From crying out loud, please stop making him seem like something he's not.

Cheers
DuCa00795 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 03:53 PM   #15 (permalink)
LX
synapse jelly

In the Paint


 
LX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 28,296
Representing:
Default

How is POB not as athletic? And yeah - I'm expecting something from both of them. Not an exceeding amount of goodness, but something.
LX is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 03:55 PM   #16 (permalink)
------------------------

Senior Member
 
XiaominWu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 3,416
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by •LX• View Post
How is POB not as athletic? And yeah - I'm expecting something from both of them. Not an exceeding amount of goodness, but something.
In my limited exposure.... POB is weak. Johnson is strong.
XiaominWu is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 03:57 PM   #17 (permalink)
a dick

Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 3,151
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuCa00795 View Post
He was also willing to let him go quite easily after they realized he was inconsistent as hell. You notice in the playoffs he only played 4 min in the playoffs. Started mostly in the first half of the season, then when McDyess came back he was injured. And then we he got back from injury he wanted to come off the bench, but obviously the coaching staff thought differently. Remember when we had to start Loren Woods...Horrific days. From crying out loud, please stop making him seem like something he's not.

Cheers
Fabricio Oberto is more than nothing. Fabricio Oberto is as good as Rasho Nesterovic and I have Rasho 8th on the depth chart, how about you? The Piston lacked size after losing Sheed. The deal made sense to me.

The Pistons moved Delfino for nothing. They moved him for a 2nd rounder. A lot of people were slurping him even though he was dealt to Toronto for a 2nd rounder.
Apollo is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 04:00 PM   #18 (permalink)
LX
synapse jelly

In the Paint


 
LX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 28,296
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by XiaominWu View Post
In my limited exposure.... POB is weak. Johnson is strong.
Sure, but they both have pretty equal athletic ability. POB has good hands and a good ability to change shots rather than a guy that is going to use power moves and block shots.
LX is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 04:01 PM   #19 (permalink)
a gearbox of epic proportions.

Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,051
Representing:
Send a message via MSN to B-RAD
Default

pob and johnson have equal potential and that is fact.
B-RAD is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 04:02 PM   #20 (permalink)
------------------------

Senior Member
 
XiaominWu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 3,416
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by •LX• View Post
Sure, but they both have pretty equal athletic ability. POB has good hands and a good ability to change shots rather than a guy that is going to use power moves and block shots.
OK.... I just see him being very soft... which is something we don't need more of.
XiaominWu is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Patrick O'Bryant... BJ.Masters Toronto Raptors 28 01-28-2010 10:03 PM
D. Smith: Jrue Holiday & James Johnson back in Tdot again jeffb Toronto Raptors 11 06-23-2009 06:06 PM
So what's making the difference? TORaptor4Ever Toronto Raptors 72 04-01-2009 09:25 AM
Grange's First Impressions of O'Bryant Dr. J. Naismith Toronto Raptors 17 02-27-2009 09:41 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24