Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards

Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/)
-   Toronto Raptors (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/)
-   -   Cwebb: "Bosh "arguably the best big man in the game" (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/cwebb-bosh-arguably-best-big-man-game-6117.html)

DemonSamuraiZero 01-29-2009 09:42 PM

Cwebb: "Bosh "arguably the best big man in the game"
 
Anyone catch it during the T-mobile half time report?

Then Kenny overreacting saying "....ever herd of Dwight?"

Ithink c-webb appreciates hard work-earned skill more than athletisism and dunking because he was a supremely skilled big man himself.

what do you think?

gdaytday 01-29-2009 09:44 PM

I only want to know what Charles thinks.

'trane 01-29-2009 09:46 PM

charles thinks c-webb is a nuck-a-head...

DemonSamuraiZero 01-29-2009 09:46 PM

I didn't get what charles said. But I was laughing at Kenny right after He heard C-webb :D

the_ raps_analyst 01-29-2009 10:06 PM

ya i heard it. I think he didnt really mean what he said. He just said it for the sake of talking.

jeffb 01-29-2009 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DemonSamuraiZero (Post 132401)
I didn't get what charles said.

I think he's still on "Hiatus". lol

Ball Don't Lie 01-29-2009 10:42 PM

I'll tell you what Charles would say:

Cwebb, you out your damn mind!

Dwight>>>>>>>>>>Bosh.

Dunks and 2 foot hooks shots>>>>>>>>18 footers and holding the ball 10 seconds before making a move.

Ugo Ferst 01-29-2009 10:44 PM

Im a big Bosh fan, but i would make this statement, i think he said it for emphasis and doesnt really believe it himself, he is just saying this kid is damn good and is overlooked by alot of ppl.

Gurk 01-29-2009 11:23 PM

Quote:

and is overlooked by alot of ppl.
especially his own fans

moremilk 01-29-2009 11:31 PM

he said arguably. You can argue that Bosh is the best big man. You will probably lose the argument, unless talking to a 5 year old, or a fanatic, but still ... :)

DemonSamuraiZero 01-29-2009 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thriller92 (Post 132424)
I'll tell you what Charles would say:

Cwebb, you out your damn mind!

Dwight>>>>>>>>>>Bosh.

Dunks and 2 foot hooks shots>>>>>>>>18 footers and holding the ball 10 seconds before making a move.

Okay, If you take away Howard's dunk and hookshot, what else does he have?

We all know Howard can shoot even when his life depends on it, and plus he doesn't have to do all the scoring. He has Hedo, Lewis and Nelson, who can take the scoring load off, so he can focus on defense.


Bosh has his Mid-range jumper, and he can attack to the rim.

The only difference is the defense.

And what Gurk said we overlooked Bosh, we expect him to hit every buzzer, trade him when he has a bad game, PICKING bargs's 15 game streak over Bosh has done for us.

I get pissed off how much bi-polar raptors fans are, you guys were throwing Bargs under the bus during his nov/dec streak. Now he gain some confidence, you guys are throwing Chris under the bus. :nonono:

Raptorman 01-29-2009 11:39 PM

Its hard to compare the two since they have such different games.

Bosh has way more happening outside of 3 feet, but Howard cant be touched inside of three feet.

Saying one is better than the other is a like saying an orange is better than an apple.

DemonSamuraiZero 01-29-2009 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raptorman (Post 132453)
is a like saying an orange is better than an apple.

nah apple is way better :yeah:

insight_tor 01-29-2009 11:51 PM

Howard is not a highly skilled basketball player, he is just a freak of nature ... As per total, the difference between Howard value and CB4 is not big, with a light advantage for the Superman.

Ball Don't Lie 01-29-2009 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DemonSamuraiZero (Post 132451)
Okay, If you take away Howard's dunk and hookshot, what else does he have?

We all know Howard can shoot even when his life depends on it, and plus he doesn't have to do all the scoring. He has Hedo, Lewis and Nelson, who can take the scoring load off, so he can focus on defense.


Bosh has his Mid-range jumper, and he can attack to the rim.

The only difference is the defense.

And what Gurk said we overlooked Bosh, we expect him to hit every buzzer, trade him when he has a bad game, PICKING bargs's 15 game streak over Bosh has done for us.

I get pissed off how much bi-polar raptors fans are, you guys were throwing Bargs under the bus during his nov/dec streak. Now he gain some confidence, you guys are throwing Chris under the bus. :nonono:

Take away? Why take it away, thats what makes him so dominant and ORL so good.

Take away Shaqs frame and footwork and what do you have?

Take away each teams best player and what do you have?

Who cares.

Dwight dominates on offence and on the boards(still has to work on his D), and his impact on the game is MUCH bigger than Boshs atm. How can Bosh become a better player and have more impact on the game?

1. Stop holding the ball on offence so much. Howard is so effective because of the work he puts in before the catch. He rarely takes more than 3 seconds to get into his shot. Bosh needs to learn from him and attack quicker so the D cant gang in on him. See the last shot of the 2nd qtr in yesterdays game to see what I'm talking about. Leads me to believe he has low bball IQ.

2. Be aggressive the entire game on defence instead of just the 4th qtr.

3. BC getting better players around him :D



Howards skill level has increased every year with more moves in his repetoire every season. There isnt much you can complain about with him besides his individual D sometimes.

moremilk 01-30-2009 12:17 AM

bosh is 10x more skilled than howard, but in the end, you can't beat brute force. Bruce lee was a fantastic fighter, but in the end you would probably take a gun over his skills in most situations ....

as far as bb iq, both howard and bosh are below average imo.

Snooch 01-30-2009 06:14 AM

Anthor one of these.....


Bosh is the greatest basketball player ever. :rolleyes:

LX 01-30-2009 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snooch (Post 132500)
Anthor one of these.....


Bosh is the greatest basketball player ever. :rolleyes:

Yeah I think that is exactly what was said. You've got issues.

As for C Webb - he looks at Bosh and sees himself. Funny how Sactown didn't go after a tough rebounding PF when they had Vlade. They were pretty good too. I suppose a guy like Bass over CWebb would have put them over the top.

bjjs 01-30-2009 07:24 AM

Does Dwight even a consistent hook shot? That ugly thing where he takes two big steps, jumps away from the defense for some reason, and throws up a 3-foot brick more often then he makes it??

He does have 4 other great athletes around him who can defend their man 1on1. That helps him a bit.

His teammates make him look a lot better than he is.

Orlando is a really really really good team. 1-12, it seems like every player on that team knows exactly what their role is. Howard definitely benefits from that.

I'm not saying Bosh would do just as well in Howards place. That team is built around D12. But Bosh hasn't had that luxury yet of being on a team where everyone takes pride in defending their own position one on one, and knows exactly what they're doing offensively.

Snooch 01-30-2009 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by •LX• (Post 132502)
Yeah I think that is exactly what was said. You've got issues.

As for C Webb - he looks at Bosh and sees himself. Funny how Sactown didn't go after a tough rebounding PF when they had Vlade. They were pretty good too. I suppose a guy like Bass over CWebb would have put them over the top.

If they would have had a top teir sg instead of a 36 year old Christie and Bass at PF instead of CWebb. they would have been a better team.

But anyways Cwebb played differently in those days than Bosh does now, more power than finess

and still avereaged over 20ppg almost 10rpg, 4.5 apg, 1.5steals and 1.5 blocks.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:22 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24