Could Casey get fired? - Page 4
Old 11-13-2012, 01:34 PM   #61 (permalink)
and that's the bottom line, cause JV said so!!!

This is how U(jiri) do it
 
Carlos Danger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Halifax
Posts: 3,923
Representing:
Default

Well this team hasn't been afraid to let coaches go. Have had three coaches in the last what, 4 years? Mitchell was let go at 17 games, and he was a former coach of the year. If we don't get some wins in the next 5 games, I could see Case gone.
Carlos Danger is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 01:37 PM   #62 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummond so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 74,928
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman View Post
Well this team hasn't been afraid to let coaches go. Have had three coaches in the last what, 4 years? Mitchell was let go at 17 games, and he was a former coach of the year. If we don't get some wins in the next 5 games, I could see Case gone.

We've had 3 coaches the last 8yrs. Mitchell was canned about 2yrs after winnning COY.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 01:42 PM   #63 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Senior Member
 
TORaptor4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,429
Representing:
Default

I can't see any way that Casey would get canned. He was a big part of DAL's success when they won the title and it would just make our franchise look even more pathetic than it already is.

What coach would WANT to come here if Casey was fired before the end of the season?
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 01:44 PM   #64 (permalink)
FLO
sick of the Raptors Axis of Evil: Colangelo, Casey and Bustnani

Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 970
Representing:
Default

Hilariously, Mitchell was canned for pretty much being too hard on Bargnani. LOL
FLO is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 01:46 PM   #65 (permalink)
Embracing the departure of all the trolls

Senior Member
 
Bargn88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,795
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLO View Post
Hilariously, Mitchell was canned for pretty much being too hard on Bargnani. LOL
No he was canned for losing the team, and had a much better core of talent to deal with than Casey does.

Try again

Oh and higher expectations..Duh
Bargn88 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 01:47 PM   #66 (permalink)
and that's the bottom line, cause JV said so!!!

This is how U(jiri) do it
 
Carlos Danger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Halifax
Posts: 3,923
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
We've had 3 coaches the last 8yrs. Mitchell was canned about 2yrs after winnning COY.
Mitchell was fired in 08-09, then Triano, and when they didn't extend him, they brought in Casey.
Carlos Danger is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 01:50 PM   #67 (permalink)
blah!

nosce te ipsum


 
fancylad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: east side.
Posts: 14,623
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever View Post
I can't see any way that Casey would get canned. He was a big part of DAL's success when they won the title and it would just make our franchise look even more pathetic than it already is.

What coach would WANT to come here if Casey was fired before the end of the season?
no kidding.

besides all of this debate shows just how reactionary a good deal this fanbase is. Always overly optimistic/homeristic going in to a season and then always trying to trade away half the team or blame a coach when things don't go the way of the homer. There's no way Casey should get fired. Especially when he was the bee's knees just last season.
fancylad is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 01:50 PM   #68 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummond so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 74,928
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman View Post
Mitchell was fired in 08-09, then Triano, and when they didn't extend him, they brought in Casey.
I never saiid otherwise.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 01:53 PM   #69 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummond so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 74,928
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fancylad View Post
no kidding.

besides all of this debate shows just how reactionary a good deal this fanbase is. Always overly optimistic/homeristic going in to a season and then always trying to trade away half the team or blame a coach when things don't go the way of the homer. There's no way Casey should get fired. Especially when he was the bee's knees just last season.


Heehh, sounds like every fanbase in this city.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:10 PM   #70 (permalink)
La Decima!!!!!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 7,223
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fancylad View Post
no kidding.

besides all of this debate shows just how reactionary a good deal this fanbase is. Always overly optimistic/homeristic going in to a season and then always trying to trade away half the team or blame a coach when things don't go the way of the homer. There's no way Casey should get fired. Especially when he was the bee's knees just last season.
Thank you. Maybe on here, the other board I'm on is not homeristic at all.
LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:12 PM   #71 (permalink)
La Decima!!!!!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 7,223
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bargn88 View Post
No he was canned for losing the team, and had a much better core of talent to deal with than Casey does.

Try again

Oh and higher expectations..Duh
He was 8-9. You don't think BC was unhappy that his #1 pick wasn't getting 30-35 mpg and wasn't starting. It was at least a contributing factor.
LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:57 PM   #72 (permalink)
FLO
sick of the Raptors Axis of Evil: Colangelo, Casey and Bustnani

Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 970
Representing:
Default

By "losing the team" you mean losing Bargnani mentally. He made the foolish mistake of expecting Bargnani to play like a big man.
FLO is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 03:02 PM   #73 (permalink)
Embracing the departure of all the trolls

Senior Member
 
Bargn88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,795
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! View Post
He was 8-9. You don't think BC was unhappy that his #1 pick wasn't getting 30-35 mpg and wasn't starting. It was at least a contributing factor.
That team started the season with Jermaine Oneal and Chris Bosh, along with a younger Calderon and had much higher expectations. Not to mention Sam had some personality issues.

Try and hide your biased hatred for Bargnani for just a second and think about what you just said.
Bargn88 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 03:13 PM   #74 (permalink)
whatever

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: toronto
Posts: 9,542
Representing:
Default

coaches are like players, they need to get better as well
casey does some things well, but also has some issues - hopefully he'll get better as the season moves along, there are encouraging signs already.
moremilk is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 03:35 PM   #75 (permalink)
La Decima!!!!!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 7,223
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bargn88 View Post
That team started the season with Jermaine Oneal and Chris Bosh, along with a younger Calderon and had much higher expectations. Not to mention Sam had some personality issues.

Try and hide your biased hatred for Bargnani for just a second and think about what you just said.
My biased hatred for Bargnani? I don't hate Bargs. I've just had a reasonable and constructive criticism on another thread. Whenever someone presents facts or stats about Bargs which clearly shows some hindrances in his game, people get way too defensive and react as if its hate.

I acknowledge that it wasn't the reason Mitchell was fired but it was a contributing factor. You don't think that was a factor, like at all? 8-9 really? In 07 and 08 he had a lot more depth. Those higher expectations were a clear illusion.

Last edited by LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!!; 11-13-2012 at 03:41 PM.
LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 05:07 PM   #76 (permalink)
threat inside

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 595
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLO View Post
Hilariously, Mitchell was canned for pretty much being too hard on Bargnani. LOL
I remember that game against Denver. Smitch just let it go, already thinking about the next game, which was too early in the season and the team hasn't settled yet.
But BC was waiting for his chance to dismiss Smitch and that was the perfect justifiable moment.
moujik is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:28 PM   #77 (permalink)
editing this message!

Senior Member
 
jj33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,476
Representing:
Default

Nate McMilan?? Great D coach, proven one!
jj33 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:34 PM   #78 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,494
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLO View Post
By "losing the team" you mean losing Bargnani mentally. He made the foolish mistake of expecting Bargnani to play like a big man.
Not true. Stop making shit up.
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:08 PM   #79 (permalink)
not here

Tolerate my english
 
Rimpianto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Rome\Edinburgh
Posts: 321
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLO View Post
By "losing the team" you mean losing Bargnani mentally. He made the foolish mistake of expecting Bargnani to play like a big man.
Seriously man, it's getting boring. We get it, you hate Bargs and everything is his fault.
There's no need to repeat it every post.
Though I find admirable your dedication to always find new ways to hate on him even on post of different topics. Sure, if you would make some kind of analisys I would even read your posts, but admirable anyhow.
Rimpianto is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:57 PM   #80 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Junior Member
 
Caronte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 39
Representing:
Default

Casey is pathetic.
Almost we lost for his imcompetence.

In the last quarter, when we need rebound, Valanciunas is in the bench, and Bargnani in the court.

He is obsessed with the Italian.

I cannot understad why Jonas plays today 22 minutes and Barg 30. Really, isnīt understandable.

DeMar played between yesterday and today 100 minutes. In the thirth quarter he was very tired. he needed a break and Ross was doing well.

So, Casey prefers DeRozan exhausted than Ross playind well.

Casey
Caronte is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24