Colangelo's Year End News Conference - Page 5
Old 04-19-2011, 10:38 AM   #81 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,485
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
They all are mostly younger then him, give a better effort and make a lot less money.
However you choose to justify it.

They still make many poor decisions. Some of them aren't that much younger, don't always give better effort and their salaries still count against the cap and still need to be paid out.
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 10:45 AM   #82 (permalink)
payin Dwyane Wade

Senior Member
 
JoeyJoJo Shabbadu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 4,339
Representing:
Default

The following scream out how bad MLSE has handled this, that BC doesn't know enough about his own situation, and how incompetent they truly are. They can't really be considering letting him go, and they are taking far too long to lock this up. God I can't wait for Teachers to GTFO.

“Until I’m told otherwise” … He’s going to do the best he can for this team. “It’s business as usual”.
“I hope I’m back. I want to be back. I’m committed to Toronto and the country of Canada”
“Until my situation is resolved, I’m sure Jay’s (Triano) will remain unresolved.”
JoeyJoJo Shabbadu is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 10:54 AM   #83 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 72,746
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
However you choose to justify it.

They still make many poor decisions. Some of them aren't that much younger, don't always give better effort and their salaries still count against the cap and still need to be paid out.
Sorry but our two biggest liabilities on defense have been here the longest are our highest paid players, play the most minutes and really are holding us back in our own end from improving.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 11:22 AM   #84 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,485
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Sorry but our two biggest liabilities on defense have been here the longest are our highest paid players, play the most minutes and really are holding us back in our own end from improving.
That was true two years ago too.
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 11:31 AM   #85 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 72,746
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
That was true two years ago too.
And it's even moreso now.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 11:32 AM   #86 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,784
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
That was true two years ago too.
How is Bosh doing in the playoffs? His terrible defense really put Miami down this year, they ranked Top 5 in defense. That from a big who averaged 36 minutes per game. One thing to say, BC did his best to keep Bosh. This summer, BC will do his best to unload Bargnani!
RAPMAN is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 11:43 AM   #87 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,485
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAPMAN View Post
How is Bosh doing in the playoffs? His terrible defense really put Miami down this year, they ranked Top 5 in defense. That from a big who averaged 36 minutes per game. One thing to say, BC did his best to keep Bosh. This summer, BC will do his best to unload Bargnani!
Yes, Bosh is carrying that team! Come on.

Replace Bosh with Bargnani on the heat and they still sweep Philly..... don't use that series as your point of reference. If they win the championship, I will become a Bosh supporter.

And as much as you think BC will only be looking to move AB, I'm certain that he feels Tyson Chandler would have made Bargnani look better than Bosh.

Using Miami as a barometer is foolish.... it's absolutely not a fair or relevant comparison.
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 11:50 AM   #88 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 72,746
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
Yes, Bosh is carrying that team! Come on.

Replace Bosh with Bargnani on the heat and they still sweep Philly..... don't use that series as your point of reference. If they win the championship, I will become a Bosh supporter.

And as much as you think BC will only be looking to move AB, I'm certain that he feels Tyson Chandler would have made Bargnani look better than Bosh.

Using Miami as a barometer is foolish.... it's absolutely not a fair or relevant comparison.
How was he using this series as a point of reference when he was saying where they stood as a team defensively in the league during the season. And where did he say Bosh was carrying the team? The sensitivity meter is pretty high when it comes to bosh. He's better then Bargnani, get over it.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 01:15 PM   #89 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,485
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
How was he using this series as a point of reference when he was saying where they stood as a team defensively in the league during the season. And where did he say Bosh was carrying the team? The sensitivity meter is pretty high when it comes to bosh. He's better then Bargnani, get over it.
Ummm, the first line of his post was regarding Bosh in the playoffs.... can you not read that?

I never said Bosh wasn't better. For you to suggest I think that would suggest you've either got a brutal memory or just aren't capable of listening.

There is no sensitivity, more a call for reason. You'd rather slam one player on a 15 man roster cause it makes you feel like you're championing some solution.
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 01:37 PM   #90 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 72,746
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
Ummm, the first line of his post was regarding Bosh in the playoffs.... can you not read that?

I never said Bosh wasn't better. For you to suggest I think that would suggest you've either got a brutal memory or just aren't capable of listening.

There is no sensitivity, more a call for reason. You'd rather slam one player on a 15 man roster cause it makes you feel like you're championing some solution.
One player? Now who has the memory loss.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 01:41 PM   #91 (permalink)
whatever

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: toronto
Posts: 9,229
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thriller92 View Post
So because he cant defend or rebound his position, hes playing out of position at the 5? Really Bryan?

Someone needs to find some quotes from a few years ago when he said Bargs was a 5. Hes not a PF. Making him one and drafting a center just compounds the problem.

Accept what he is. You told us to all wait 5 years to see him progress and now hes in year 6 and still terrible in the areas we need most. It's time for him to go already.
that was the idea - if Bargnani would rebounds at least 8 per and provide at least average defense, he'd be amazing value at his salary. The problem is that he didn't improve one bit over the past 2-3 years - but the only person to blame for that is Bargnani himself. The GM gave him all the opportunities one could ask for.

At this point, it's clear as day that andrea's time is done.The coach said that he'll lose minutes if he doesn't improve his defense and his GM says that he doesn't think he can improve defensively ... The only thing keeping him in Toronto is finding a good trading scenario. Trading him just to get rid of him is stupid, regardless of that fans think about it. You need quality draft picks/young players, or else you're better off holding to him. If we're losing 5 extra games for that, that's good for us.

There's also no point in picking up established players because we're too early in development. The only exception would be for someone with a long contract and who is still growing as a player. Trading Bargnani for okafor for example would be useless, we'd just have fewer lotter balls and by the time we're ready to move up, he'll be washed up as a player.
moremilk is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 04:16 PM   #92 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 895
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
Yes, Bosh is carrying that team! Come on.

Replace Bosh with Bargnani on the heat and they still sweep Philly.....
don't use that series as your point of reference. If they win the championship, I will become a Bosh supporter.

And as much as you think BC will only be looking to move AB, I'm certain that he feels Tyson Chandler would have made Bargnani look better than Bosh.

Using Miami as a barometer is foolish.... it's absolutely not a fair or relevant comparison.
that's a huge assumption

Bosh is the team's leading rebounder and most efficient scorer, Bargnani wouldn't assume either of those roles

Bosh is the only low post presence they have, Bargnani wouldn't assume that role

Bosh has really cut down his turnovers and is starting to get more steals and blocks.. hard to assume Bargnani could do that

Bosh was really inconsistent for most of the season due to trying to find his niche alongside two superstars, it was expected from anyone that is rational that a player can't go from being the focal point of an offence to only getting the ball at the end of the shot clock when LeBron or Wade can't get a good shot, both of them need the ball in their hands and so did for the most part Chris when he played for us

He's really adapted quite well and a lot of analysts see him as being the key to Miami's success

Sure Wade and LeBron would create open jumpshots for Bargnani, but that's about it.

simply put, Chris Bosh is better than Bargnani in every aspect of basketball and it is an unfair assumption to assume they'd be just as successful with Bargnani, one thing is certain that their PIP allowed per game would increase quite a bit. ha
jrob23 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 04:46 PM   #93 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,485
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrob23 View Post
that's a huge assumption

Bosh is the team's leading rebounder and most efficient scorer, Bargnani wouldn't assume either of those roles

Bosh is the only low post presence they have, Bargnani wouldn't assume that role

Bosh has really cut down his turnovers and is starting to get more steals and blocks.. hard to assume Bargnani could do that

Bosh was really inconsistent for most of the season due to trying to find his niche alongside two superstars, it was expected from anyone that is rational that a player can't go from being the focal point of an offence to only getting the ball at the end of the shot clock when LeBron or Wade can't get a good shot, both of them need the ball in their hands and so did for the most part Chris when he played for us

He's really adapted quite well and a lot of analysts see him as being the key to Miami's success

Sure Wade and LeBron would create open jumpshots for Bargnani, but that's about it.

simply put, Chris Bosh is better than Bargnani in every aspect of basketball and it is an unfair assumption to assume they'd be just as successful with Bargnani, one thing is certain that their PIP allowed per game would increase quite a bit. ha
Where did I say they'd be just as successful? You're making assumptions all over the place..... lol
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 04:53 PM   #94 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 72,746
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
Where did I say they'd be just as successful? You're making assumptions all over the place..... lol
Saying the results would be the same vs philly pretty much means just as successful.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 04:55 PM   #95 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,485
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Saying the results would be the same vs philly pretty much means just as successful.
not even close..... saying they'd sweep philly does not mean they'd necessarily be as successful... You're reading what you want to see.
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 04:58 PM   #96 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 72,746
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
not even close..... saying they'd sweep philly does not mean they'd necessarily be as successful... You're reading what you want to see.
Lol Whatever you say.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 05:02 PM   #97 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,485
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Lol Whatever you say.
lol.... how is it the same jeff? please explain
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 05:08 PM   #98 (permalink)
back

Senior Member
 
DuCa00795's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The Maratimes
Posts: 3,119
Representing:
Default

He has the tendency to do that. The other day he said something and forget he even said it.

This Bargnani debate is annoying, it'll never be solved (believe me i've tried), unless of course he gets paired with a legitimate center and can prove his worth. I 100% believe Andrea will flourish in a system where he does not have to play the main center, and has someone in that position so he doesn't have all the pressure.

Like I have said before, people just need someone to blame for the past season, and Andrea is it.
DuCa00795 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 05:10 PM   #99 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 72,746
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
lol.... how is it the same jeff? please explain
You seriously can't see how you saying the results in a series would be THE SAME could possibly be looked at as the same as.......AS SUCCESSFUL?
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 05:19 PM   #100 (permalink)
...

Senior Member
 
powerfulpanda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,487
Representing:
Default

in carp's defense, he is right.
saying if u replace Bosh with Bargnani they would still sweep philly doesn't not mean that miami has gotten better or stayed the same as a result.
hypothetically speaking, its possible that with this swap miami is a worse off team but is still able to sweep philly.
but once the competition is more even, then the difference will show.
say if miami were to win the 2nd round 4-1, now with Bargnani would win 4-3
powerfulpanda is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:58 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24