Colangelo: Bargnani Would Be Open To Trade
Old 02-01-2013, 11:36 AM   #1 (permalink)
"We were making progress, until Garnett [expletive] everything up"

Senior Member
 
forme123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 563
Representing:
Raptors Colangelo: Bargnani Would Be Open To Trade

Bargnani Open to trade

Quote:
On the heels of his acquisition of Rudy Gay, Raptors president Bryan Colangelo suggested to reporters, including Ryan Wolstat of the Toronto Sun, that he may not be done dealing yet. Colangelo referred to Andrea Bargnani as a player who has "definitely garnered interest," adding that the former first overall pick would likely be open to a trade.

"He’s a unique talent, but sometimes a change of address is not bad," Colangelo said. "I’m not saying he’s asked for a trade, but he would certainly not fight or resist a situation if it was the right situation."

Colangelo went on to say that there are no assurances the Raptors will deal Bargnani, and that for now the focus is on getting him healthy and back on the court. But Bargnani has long been viewed as a potential trade candidate, and with Gay's sizable salary potentially on the books through 2014/15, moving Bargnani's contract could help alleviate some of Toronto's cap and tax concerns.

Bargnani tore a ligament in his shooting elbow earlier in the season, and has been out of action since December 10th. His injury issues, along with an eight-figure annual salary, will make him a tricky trade chip to move within the next three weeks. If Toronto doesn't trade Bargnani at this year's deadline, it's not out of the question that the 27-year-old becomes an amnesty candidate this summer. He's one of three Raptors still eligible to be amnestied.
forme123 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:38 AM   #2 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 73,918
Representing:
Default

First good offer we get he's a goner.
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:45 AM   #3 (permalink)
and a 1, and a 2, and a 1,2,3,4!

Senior Member
 
pzabby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: toronto
Posts: 6,931
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb123 View Post
First good offer we get he's a goner.
question is when will that be
pzabby is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:47 AM   #4 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 73,918
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pzabby View Post
question is when will that be
July 18
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:48 AM   #5 (permalink)
"We were making progress, until Garnett [expletive] everything up"

Senior Member
 
forme123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 563
Representing:
Default

BC is normally secretive when answering questions about deals. If he is going out in the open like this and hinting and suggesting trades for bargnani, I feel confident they will move him before deadline
forme123 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:53 AM   #6 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,492
Representing:
Default

It's a very mature, professional approach by both.... some players try to weasel their way out of town to save face. I'm not sure it's a given that he gets dealt, I can see he and Rudy really meshing. Rudy brings an offensive skillset that can make room for others.... Demar couldn't quite do that yet.
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:59 AM   #7 (permalink)
BOOBS

never too old.


 
INSIDER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: richmond hill
Posts: 11,488
Representing:
Default

hahaha, Bargs is open for a trade.... he has no say anyway... even if he was against it, his ass would be gone.
INSIDER is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:01 PM   #8 (permalink)
jonas smellandchewthis

Senior Member
 
thought's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 4,685
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
It's a very mature, professional approach by both.... some players try to weasel their way out of town to save face. I'm not sure it's a given that he gets dealt, I can see he and Rudy really meshing. Rudy brings an offensive skillset that can make room for others.... Demar couldn't quite do that yet.
you might be right. but this relationship has run its course. the franchise needs to move on.
thought is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:07 PM   #9 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,492
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thought View Post
you might be right. but this relationship has run its course. the franchise needs to move on.
many said that about jose three years ago....lol
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:13 PM   #10 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 73,918
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
many said that about jose three years ago....lol
And we tried to trade him. Also, Colangelo never came out and said it was time to maybe move on and say he has deals in place. It's time for Primo to go. I just hope it gets done in the next 3 weeks.
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:14 PM   #11 (permalink)
zxcvbn193
is pounding the rock! (Edit)

Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thought View Post
you might be right. but this relationship has run its course. the franchise needs to move on.
Even if most of us like to part ways with Bargs, I think it would be stupid to trade him right now. We won't get anything good out of this, so why not give him playing time, either starter or from the bench and ship his ass on summertime or even draft night.
  Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:22 PM   #12 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,492
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zxcvbn193 View Post
Even if most of us like to part ways with Bargs, I think it would be stupid to trade him right now. We won't get anything good out of this, so why not give him playing time, either starter or from the bench and ship his ass on summertime or even draft night.
solid post... jeffb123 is still in Leaf-Larry-Murphy mode. Never learns.
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:36 PM   #13 (permalink)
waiting for his team to return

Member
 
Grizz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 483
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zxcvbn193 View Post
Even if most of us like to part ways with Bargs, I think it would be stupid to trade him right now. We won't get anything good out of this, so why not give him playing time, either starter or from the bench and ship his ass on summertime or even draft night.
I agree and think it's worth a shot to see if he has any success when he's less of an offensive focus with Gay here. Honestly his value can't get any lower. If you have a half decent offer take it and run, otherwise let him work his way back in to the rotation if he can and then dump him.
Grizz is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:40 PM   #14 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 73,918
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
solid post... jeffb123 is still in Leaf-Larry-Murphy mode. Never learns.
I'm in McCabe mode, get his arse outta here
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 04:20 AM   #15 (permalink)
likes the consistency in the colangelo built raptors

Senior Member
 
rapsmannn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3,437
Representing:
Default

huge mistake trading Bargnani this year, we need to wait tell the summer or next year during the season

his value is at a all time low

plus we all know he is much better player than he shown this year, i'm not eve talking about alst year, im talking about previous years, he has shown to be a player in this league for at least a few years

three advantages of wating to trade him in the summer

1. 6th man
2. expiring contract
3. brings stock back up

he is the final chip we have to play, if bc plays it right we can get fair market value even better another expiring contract for a allstar level type player that a team is looking to cut salary because of the salary issues


also on a side note i think andrea now fits this team better than he did before the trade, davis is gone, Bargs is actually needed for his size, plus i think gay and Bargnani could be natural on the court fit, plus i think Bargs finally goes back to becoming the second guy, less pressure overall for him and he can relax and play
rapsmannn is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 04:42 AM   #16 (permalink)
Keep it simple

Senior Member
 
Dario's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Vancouver BC Canada
Posts: 8,299
Representing:
Send a message via Skype™ to Dario
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapsmannn View Post
huge mistake trading Bargnani this year, we need to wait tell the summer or next year during the season

his value is at a all time low

plus we all know he is much better player than he shown this year, i'm not eve talking about alst year, im talking about previous years, he has shown to be a player in this league for at least a few years

three advantages of wating to trade him in the summer

1. 6th man
2. expiring contract
3. brings stock back up

he is the final chip we have to play, if bc plays it right we can get fair market value even better another expiring contract for a allstar level type player that a team is looking to cut salary because of the salary issues


also on a side note i think andrea now fits this team better than he did before the trade, davis is gone, Bargs is actually needed for his size, plus i think gay and Bargnani could be natural on the court fit, plus i think Bargs finally goes back to becoming the second guy, less pressure overall for him and he can relax and play
bargnani will be useless for this team, all he would do is chuck up shots, thats all hes good at
Dario is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 06:01 AM   #17 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,492
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dario View Post
bargnani will be useless for this team, all he would do is chuck up shots, thats all hes good at
that's just bs.
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 07:13 AM   #18 (permalink)
threat inside

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 594
Representing:
Default

Imagine Bargnani was a 6'2! But just as fat. He would contribute as much. Don't tell me we need his "size"!
I'm struggling to grasp how it can allude dreamers that you have to consider AB on D as well, when you fantasize how good of a match he can be with Gay or anyone else!
moujik is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 07:29 AM   #19 (permalink)
Landing flight 31

Senior Member
 
0nekhmer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Brampton Ontario
Posts: 3,129
Representing:
Default

Man if we traded him last season after his linsanity moment, we would've netted some serious $$.
0nekhmer is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 07:44 AM   #20 (permalink)
Sick, Wicked, and Nasty!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 3,223
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
many said that about jose three years ago....lol
and it probably had run its course, instead we failed to trade him and the team has stayed in a mediocre state since
Admiral is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24