Clippers Sign and trade Maggette for Ford?
Old 06-24-2008, 07:36 PM   #1 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 73,199
Representing:
Clippers Sign and trade Maggette for Ford?

Travis Heath of NBA HoopsWorld was just on Raptors T.V "Mocking the draft" and was stating that he's been hearing the last day or so that the Clippers are willing to sign and trade Corey Maggette to Toronto for T.J Ford.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 07:42 PM   #2 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Junior Member
 
MoRe's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 12
Representing:
Default

Maggette would not be a notable improvement. I hope we don't trade Ford for him, that is a big mistake.
MoRe is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 08:00 PM   #3 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 73,199
Representing:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoRe View Post
Maggette would not be a notable improvement. I hope we don't trade Ford for him, that is a big mistake.
Personally.I think it's our best option and would allow us to keep our pick (get a big),possibly moving up or using it in another trade.It gives us our secondary scorer (22PPG)that gets to the line like crazy.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 08:04 PM   #4 (permalink)
whatever

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: toronto
Posts: 9,278
Representing:
Default

apparently if magette opts out, they won't be able to trade him until sometimes in July. So I would think that the only way to get magette is by trading straight up, which means next year he'll be a free agent.
moremilk is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 08:05 PM   #5 (permalink)
saying too many dudes are Tyson Chandler, trying to lead their teams and went nowhere

Scarborough, We Go Hard..
 
MangoKidHoops's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 6,916
Representing:
Default

Not sure how I feel about that. Definitely not a fan of Maggette being around for 4 years. Does he help our rebounding woes? Is he a real difference maker? Didn't seem like he was on the Clippers.
MangoKidHoops is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 08:09 PM   #6 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 73,199
Representing:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyRrAd_Nation View Post
Not sure how I feel about that. Definitely not a fan of Maggette being around for 4 years. Does he help our rebounding woes? Is he a real difference maker? Didn't seem like he was on the Clippers.
Yeah well, JO is loved here and i don't think he's been much of a difference maker in Pacer land!!
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 08:17 PM   #7 (permalink)
saying too many dudes are Tyson Chandler, trying to lead their teams and went nowhere

Scarborough, We Go Hard..
 
MangoKidHoops's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 6,916
Representing:
Default

Dude, check out what both players can do when healthy. More people would take O'Neal over maggette. Nothing against Maggette - he's a solid player, but all he addresses for us is scoring. Does he improve toughness? No. Does he improve rebounding? No. Does he bring star power to the team? No.



O'Neal will probably be here 2 years at the most and then his contract expires. Even if he doesn't work out this coming season, his large contract would be valuable as an expiring. The O'Neal deal gives us options that Maggette wouldn't.
MangoKidHoops is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 09:19 PM   #8 (permalink)
convinced that Raptors fans are only happy when they're unhappy.

Retired Administrator
 
Dr. J. Naismith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Almonte
Posts: 10,249
Representing:
Default

Booooooo ..... just say no to Maggette. :mad:

Acquiring O'Neal still takes the cake over any other Raptor related trade rumour at this point.
Dr. J. Naismith is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 09:24 PM   #9 (permalink)
is waiting for the season to start

Senior Member
 
Ex2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 4,216
Representing:
Default

We Want Jermaine O'neal!
Ex2k is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 09:36 PM   #10 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 73,199
Representing:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex2k View Post
We Want Jermaine O'neal!
I'd rather get Maggette!
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 10:50 PM   #11 (permalink)
Masai Ujiri

Senior Member
 
Kirby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 6,759
Representing:
Default

That's why you have Saddam Hussien in your DP. JERMAINE O'NEIL!!
Kirby is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 11:06 PM   #12 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 73,199
Representing:
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashDWade3 View Post
That's why you have Saddam Hussien in your DP. JERMAINE O'NEIL!!

If i thought JO would stay healthy and would give us his old numbers of 20PPG 10RPG rather than his 14PPG 6RPG of the past few years i'd say pull the trigger.But i have absolutely no confidence in that happening.

This reminds me of when the Leafs got Lindros and everyone went nuts looking past the fact that he was injury prone.He played a month and had a season ending injury. The only difference was we got him cheap via free agency!
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 11:08 PM   #13 (permalink)
hibernating

Retired Administrator
 
Benzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 7,290
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
If i thought JO would stay healthy and would give us his old numbers of 20PPG 10RPG rather than his 14PPG 6RPG of the past few years i'd say pull the trigger.But i have absolutely no confidence in that happening.

This reminds me of when the Leafs got Lindros and everyone went nuts looking past the fact that he was injury prone.He played a month and had a season ending injury. The only difference was we got him cheap via free agency!
Man when you're right ......you're right.





Magette is a picture of good health, and a much better choice...






Guys like Magette are a dime a dozen in the league..hell I would rather keep Parker.
Benzo is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 11:12 PM   #14 (permalink)
landry fields forever

Administrator

 
Acie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Living in a van down by the river
Posts: 21,599
Representing:
Default

JO's dirty socks > Maggette
Acie is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 11:14 PM   #15 (permalink)
hibernating

Retired Administrator
 
Benzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 7,290
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACIEEARL40 View Post
JO's dirty socks > Maggette
+5
Benzo is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 11:17 PM   #16 (permalink)
Vocabulary spills, I'm ill

Member
 
meelad92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Slums of Shaolin
Posts: 298
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACIEEARL40 View Post
JO's dirty socks > Maggette
Co-sign.
meelad92 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 11:20 PM   #17 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 73,199
Representing:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzo View Post
Man when you're right ......you're right.





Magette is a picture of good health, and a much better choice...






Guys like Magette are a dime a dozen in the league..hell I would rather keep Parker.
Last year he played 70 games to JO's 42= +28
And the previous season Maggette played 75 games so yeah he's much more
a picture of health and half the price, scoring 22PPG in the process!

AP gets about 4 rebounds per game (Maggette gets 6PPG),and Maggette scores 22PPG to AP's 13PPG! Yeah i'd rather have AP???

Last edited by jeffb; 06-24-2008 at 11:26 PM.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 11:25 PM   #18 (permalink)
hibernating

Retired Administrator
 
Benzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 7,290
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Last year he played 70 games to JO's 42= +28
And the previous season Maggette played 75 games so yeah he's much more
a picture of health and half the price, scoring 22PPG in the process!

AP gets about 6 rebounds per game (same as Maggette),but Maggette scores 22PPG to AP's 13PPG!
You really want Maggette trying to get 22ppg???

its silly..3 years ago JO was an MVP candidate.
Benzo is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 11:27 PM   #19 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 9
Representing:
Default

O'neil or Maggette both horriable options.
Since i got no choice on they say i would have to go with Maggette for several reason.
T.J For is nice will miss his showtime games, but caldron is more professional and has less emotional problems.
Anywayz,

1)o'neil is just another POWER-FORWARD why are we having over whelming PF !
2)Look at GoldanState .. small line up run fast fast fast plays with great defence. Caldron - Delfino(rather delfino for fast runs) - Moon !! - Maggette - Bosh .. good line up for the 2nd half runs.
3) o'neil seems to be slacking and just injoying the money he be getting for doing nothing no heart, unlike maggette used to being a 4th qtr player taking over the plays !

anyone got anything to say ?

(Melo2Raps)
StylesB is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 11:29 PM   #20 (permalink)
hibernating

Retired Administrator
 
Benzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 7,290
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StylesB View Post
O'neil or Maggette both horriable options.
Since i got no choice on they say i would have to go with Maggette for several reason.
T.J For is nice will miss his showtime games, but caldron is more professional and has less emotional problems.
Anywayz,

1)o'neil is just another POWER-FORWARD why are we having over whelming PF !
2)Look at GoldanState .. small line up run fast fast fast plays with great defence. Caldron - Delfino(rather delfino for fast runs) - Moon !! - Maggette - Bosh .. good line up for the 2nd half runs.
3) o'neil seems to be slacking and just injoying the money he be getting for doing nothing no heart, unlike maggette used to being a 4th qtr player taking over the plays !

anyone got anything to say ?

(Melo2Raps)

Welcome Styles......I have something to say....

O'Neil is a porn star...and a former killer the league....Maggette, gets his points and thats about it.
Benzo is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Clippers get Deeper as they Sign Arroyo rapsdabest NBA Talk 22 09-05-2009 06:21 PM
Clippers sign White Chocolate The MVP of West Hollywood NBA Talk 6 08-12-2008 07:33 PM
Clippers sign Azubuike to offer sheet Kirby NBA Talk 11 07-20-2008 06:22 PM
Warriors sign Maggette to 5year/50mil deal jeffb NBA Talk 1 07-10-2008 11:55 PM
Warriors sign Corey Maggette The MVP of West Hollywood NBA Talk 23 07-09-2008 06:29 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24