Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards

Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/)
-   Toronto Raptors (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/)
-   -   Chris Bosh vs. Andrea Bargnani: The Final Debate (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/chris-bosh-vs-andrea-bargnani-final-debate-21779.html)

Dark Knight 01-02-2012 10:42 PM

Chris Bosh vs. Andrea Bargnani: The Final Debate
 
I know it's only the start of the season, but here me out.

Andrea has shown that he wants to be the guy on this team. Since the start of the season he has put the ball in the basket night in and night out at an efficient rate. He's also not shying away from the big moment, which is a big step for him. He certainly has the talent, but he's finally realizing what it takes to be a dominant scorer in the league. Not to mention he appears to have stepped it up on the defensive end. Rebounding still needs improvement, but there is still plenty of time.

When Bosh was still in town, we never got the chance to see Andrea play at his natural position, and so far AB is taking advantage of this opportunity.

Now, my question to you is, who is the better player? That includes being the better "go-to-guy" and being the all-around better player.

Chris Bosh

or

Andrea Bargnani?

Psi 01-02-2012 10:43 PM

Andrea's improved play has nothing to do with his position.
It has to do with the fact he has a boot firmly shoved up his ass from his coach.

Dark Knight 01-02-2012 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psi (Post 594850)
Andrea's improved play has nothing to do with his position.
It has to do with the fact he has a boot firmly shoved up his ass from his coach.

That has something to do with it, but not having to guard the Dwight Howard's of the league probably helped him out one way or another. :cookie:

jeffb 01-02-2012 10:47 PM

Right now.....Bosh. If Bargnani can play like this all year then maybe you have that debate again.

Bosh gets you 18/9 as a 3rd option on only 12 shots on 58% shooting. Bargnani as a 3rd option is probably a 15/4 player.

TORaptor4Ever 01-02-2012 10:56 PM

When Bargs avgs about 23 & 8 or so for about 5 seasons in a row THEN we can talk.

Until then this isn't much of a debate at all TBH.

Dark Knight 01-02-2012 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever (Post 594868)
When Bargs avgs about 23 & 8 or so for about 5 seasons in a row THEN we can talk.

Until then this isn't much of a debate at all TBH.

Alright, fair enough. But you can't deny that Andrea is more clutch than Bosh in winning time, no matter how goofy he looks doing so. CB could play well all game long, but he seemed to crumble in the final minutes.



TORaptor4Ever 01-02-2012 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark Knight (Post 594870)
Alright, fair enough. But you can't deny that Andrea is more clutch than Bosh in winning time, no matter how goofy he looks doing so. CB could play well all game long, but he seemed to crumble in the final minutes.

*sigh*

DK..... honestly. Are you trying to troll right now?

Dark Knight 01-02-2012 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever (Post 594873)
*sigh*

DK..... honestly. Are you trying to troll right now?

Absolutely not. This isn't the Bargnani of old, TO. He looks focused out there.

I'm not saying he's better than Bosh, yet.

jeffb 01-02-2012 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark Knight (Post 594875)
Absolutely not. This isn't the Bargnani of old, TO. He looks focused out there.

I'm not saying he's better than Bosh, yet.

After 5 games? Really? I agree he's looked great but can we just give it a month or two before we anoint him our franchise player?

J-Bo 01-02-2012 11:13 PM

Yea too soon for this comparison

Dark Knight 01-02-2012 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffb (Post 594876)
After 5 games? Really? I agree he's looked great but can we just give it a month or two before we anoint him our franchise player?

For now, he is our franchise player. Who else could even be considered for that position at this point? DeMar?

Yeah, it's only the first 5 games, but look at the significance of the games. In the last week he went up against the likes of Dirk and D12 and outplayed both of them. And then tonight, the second game of a back-to-back (games in which he usually struggles in) comes out and plays like a leader.

TORaptor4Ever 01-02-2012 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark Knight (Post 594875)
Absolutely not. This isn't the Bargnani of old, TO. He looks focused out there.

I'm not saying he's better than Bosh, yet.

OK well then I'll oblige.












There's about 5 right there.... 4 of which are from his last year with us.

I trust that's enough?

jeffb 01-02-2012 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever (Post 594882)
I trust that's enough?

Surely you jest? lol

Dark Knight 01-02-2012 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever (Post 594882)
OK well then I'll oblige.












There's about 5 right there.... 4 of which are from his last year with us.

I trust that's enough?

2 of which he was wide open. Most NBA players are going to hit those 8/10 times.

Bosh has his moments, I didn't say he didn't. But from what Andrea has shown, I'd much rather have him being the first option rather than Bosh, especially when the game is on the line. His decision making has come a long way since he entered the league. He's so tough to guard, and attracts so much attention from the opponents which really opens up the floor for everybody else.

Plus, he doesn't hold the ball for 10 seconds on an iso only to take a step-back jumper. :cookie:

Superjudge 01-02-2012 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffb (Post 594876)
After 5 games? Really? I agree he's looked great but can we just give it a month or two before we anoint him our franchise player?

agreed, mind you, some guys on here annoint him the worst player in the NBA routinely after 5 minutes of bad play.

TORaptor4Ever 01-03-2012 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffb (Post 594886)
Surely you jest? lol

Not at all. His last season with us he had 4 gamewinners (if I remember correctly).

Guys like Kobe and Melo might get 6-8 in a season. They're not bigs though.


Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark Knight (Post 594892)
2 of which he was wide open. Most NBA players are going to hit those 8/10 times.

Bosh has his moments, I didn't say he didn't. But from what Andrea has shown, I'd much rather have him being the first option rather than Bosh, especially when the game is on the line. His decision making has come a long way since he entered the league. He's so tough to guard, and attracts so much attention from the opponents which really opens up the floor for everybody else.

Plus, he doesn't hold the ball for 10 seconds on an iso only to take a step-back jumper. :cookie:

I must have missed all the games where Bargs took over in the final 5 minutes and led us to victory.

I have no idea what you're basing your opinion on. As good as Bargs has been so far (through only 5 games) he STILL isn't better than Bosh was when he was here.

Does he rebound better than Bosh? No.

Does he get to the rim better than Bosh? No.

Is he better defensively? No.

Is he better than Bosh off the dribble? I don't think so, but it's debateable.


The ONLY advantage that Bargs has is his long distance shooting. That's it.

I'm happy that he's started well but he's got a long way to go.

Dario 01-03-2012 02:35 AM

Bargnani still needs time to grow, Bosh was somewhat of a franchise player for us, even though he choked a bunch of times. Bargnani can get there though, we'll see how the season goes

Kobe4life 01-03-2012 03:39 AM

Bargnani is my favorite player, go on, laugh away, but even with the lazy boxouts, and his atrocious attemps to rebound the ball, I still love the guy. In fact I feel there ARE area's, other than his distance shooting, in which Bargnani is better than bosh. For example, subtle things like; his willingness to share the ball, his highly underrated passing skills, and his ability to take shots within the flow of the offense. I suppose Bosh may have improved in some of those areas since he left, but when he was the main offensive weapon here, I feel those were skills he lacked. Anyways the point is, I LOVE BARGS, thus he recieved my vote.... that being said my vote was, more than anything, a way for me to express my support for my favorite player. My vote was a show of support, and nothing more. The fact is, although Bargnani is a special player, as well as my favorite, not even I can delude myself into believing he is anywhere close to Chris... And the unfortunate truth is he probably never will be.

Dark Knight 01-03-2012 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever (Post 594925)
Not at all. His last season with us he had 4 gamewinners (if I remember correctly).

Guys like Kobe and Melo might get 6-8 in a season. They're not bigs though.




I must have missed all the games where Bargs took over in the final 5 minutes and led us to victory.

I have no idea what you're basing your opinion on. As good as Bargs has been so far (through only 5 games) he STILL isn't better than Bosh was when he was here.

Does he rebound better than Bosh? No.

Does he get to the rim better than Bosh? No.

Is he better defensively? No.

Is he better than Bosh off the dribble? I don't think so, but it's debateable.


The ONLY advantage that Bargs has is his long distance shooting. That's it.

I'm happy that he's started well but he's got a long way to go.

You keep talking about Bosh like he was the king of Toronto, I think you're being a little too narrow-minded.

Does he rebound better than Bosh? No, I'll give you that one.

Does he get to the rim better than Bosh? Easily.

Is he better defensively? Not yet, but Bosh is no defensive stud either.

Is he better than Bosh off the dribble? Bosh barely uses his dribble. Andrea takes advantage of slow defenders by putting it on the floor, this season especially.

CB was a great, great player for us, I won't deny that. But give me the choice of building around Bosh or Bargnani, I'll take Bargs. But to each their own. :cookie:

LX 01-03-2012 11:50 AM

He easily gets to the rim better? I haven't seen any evidence of that. Seen a lot of nice jumpshots.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:12 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24