Chris Bosh on the Fan 590 tonight
Old 12-17-2009, 07:15 PM   #1 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Banned
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 81,104
Representing:
Chris Bosh on the Fan 590 tonight

Chris Bosh gave an 18 min interview tonight on the Fan 590 with McCowan and the last 5-6 minutes are interesting (first 10 or so min are about his DVD Inked). He sounds like a guy pretty commited to staying here.The guy wants to stay imo after hearing this, but i still say he's not sure what he's gonna do. And he's looking for a sign of some measure of success. What do you think?

Chris Bosh - The FAN 590 Toronto - Media Gallery

Last edited by jeffb; 12-17-2009 at 07:27 PM.
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 07:52 PM   #2 (permalink)
Waiting for DD's 1st in game wind mill Dunk

Senior Member

 
halphbreedballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: T.O.
Posts: 4,879
Representing:
Default

I hope he spills his beans!!!
halphbreedballer is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 08:49 PM   #3 (permalink)
www.torontoraptorsforum.com

giant steps
 
'trane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 15,191
Representing:
Default

what i got from this is a bit like roy halladay. chris really would like to stay and make this team his, but if the team can't give him a shot at winning he's ready to go.
'trane is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 08:50 PM   #4 (permalink)
LX
effin' ineffable

In the Paint
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 30,071
Representing:
Default

I'd say the ship has not sailed. And I think this team can still win. The next month is going to be very important.
LX is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 08:57 PM   #5 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Banned
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 81,104
Representing:
Quote:
Originally Posted by •LX• View Post
I'd say the ship has not sailed. And I think this team can still win. The next month is going to be very important.
The next 3-4 weeks are the season imo.

The next 5 (NJ,NO,Det,Det,Char) you need 3-4 wins, because after that we go into January and play vs SA, Boston x2, Orlando,Dallas, Cleveland. This season can very well be done in 3-4 weeks.
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 09:35 PM   #6 (permalink)
is back baby

Large and in charge
 
Snooch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: All up in there
Posts: 8,248
Representing:
Default

wether he stay or goes, changes need to be made.

I still really like Bargs alot but if the team is 100% committed to Bosh and vice versa, he needs to be moved.

I also think Jose or Jack has got to go and get upgraded(between he and Bargs) in the defensive category as far as pg and center. And jhope Derozan/Belli play a bit better and we can get some consitant offense/defense from that position.
Snooch is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 01:00 AM   #7 (permalink)
still forecasting a 47 win season!

RF Affiliate
 
brothersteve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Hamilton/Toronto
Posts: 223
Representing:
Default

If Bosh refuses to sign an extension. Colangelo has to trade him!
brothersteve is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 01:03 AM   #8 (permalink)
still forecasting a 47 win season!

RF Affiliate
 
brothersteve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Hamilton/Toronto
Posts: 223
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
The next 3-4 weeks are the season imo.

The next 5 (NJ,NO,Det,Det,Char) you need 3-4 wins, because after that we go into January and play vs SA, Boston x2, Orlando,Dallas, Cleveland. This season can very well be done in 3-4 weeks.
Next 5 Games:
4 Games at home, 5 teams under .500, No back-to-backs

That is a FIVE WIN schedule.

3 wins would be a disaster!!!
brothersteve is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 05:47 AM   #9 (permalink)
KABOOOOOOOSHHHH

straight out of COMPTON
 
CB4Real's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,279
Representing:
Default

oh shit this is going to be ugly....
CB4Real is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 06:03 AM   #10 (permalink)
neither hither nor thither

the big raptus
 
bladeraptor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Sheffield, England
Posts: 228
Representing:
Default

no back to backs = very good potential for a 5 win streak.
bladeraptor is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 06:17 AM   #11 (permalink)
blah!

nosce te ipsum
 
fancylad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: east side.
Posts: 13,266
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'trane View Post
what i got from this is a bit like roy halladay. chris really would like to stay and make this team his, but if the team can't give him a shot at winning he's ready to go.
I love how it always comes back to 'having a better team around bosh' or 'more team success' for Bosh to want to sign.

It's starting to be painfully clear that philospphy is backwards.

How about 'if Bosh can get this team to win' then the Raptors should want him back (?).
fancylad is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 07:22 AM   #12 (permalink)
Bmats7
is pounding the rock! (Edit)

Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fancylad View Post
I love how it always comes back to 'having a better team around bosh' or 'more team success' for Bosh to want to sign.

It's starting to be painfully clear that philospphy is backwards.

How about 'if Bosh can get this team to win' then the Raptors should want him back (?).
because instead of shipping Kobe away when they were first round losers... they decided to keep him and get Pau Gasol as well. Had the lakers traded kobe for Ellis/Randolph or some shit that you guys propose for Bosh... they would be crap right now.
  Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 07:29 AM   #13 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Banned
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 81,104
Representing:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmats7 View Post
Had the lakers traded kobe for Ellis/Randolph or some shit that you guys propose for Bosh... they would be crap right now.
Earth to Bmats7...........Bosh is far from being Kobe.
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 07:29 AM   #14 (permalink)
blah!

nosce te ipsum
 
fancylad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: east side.
Posts: 13,266
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmats7 View Post
because instead of shipping Kobe away when they were first round losers... they decided to keep him and get Pau Gasol as well. Had the lakers traded kobe for Ellis/Randolph or some shit that you guys propose for Bosh... they would be crap right now.
who is 'you guys'? I've never once proposed any deal.

and FFS, i never said i didn't want Bosh on the team or that i wanted him traded. I like Bosh, but i just don't understand the whole concept of this team having to bend over backwards to convince him to stay. If a guy is going to be a max player, i'd like to be convinced that he is one.
fancylad is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 07:30 AM   #15 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Banned
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 81,104
Representing:
^^^^



BTW, fancy...i was a big Borje fan growing up. Nice avy.

Last edited by jeffb; 12-18-2009 at 07:34 AM.
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 07:44 AM   #16 (permalink)
blah!

nosce te ipsum
 
fancylad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: east side.
Posts: 13,266
Representing:
Default

thanks jeff. go leafs go, eh?
fancylad is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 07:58 AM   #17 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Banned
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 81,104
Representing:
Quote:
Originally Posted by fancylad View Post
thanks jeff. go leafs go, eh?
Sure
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 08:40 AM   #18 (permalink)
is back baby

Large and in charge
 
Snooch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: All up in there
Posts: 8,248
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmats7 View Post
because instead of shipping Kobe away when they were first round losers... they decided to keep him and get Pau Gasol as well. Had the lakers traded kobe for Ellis/Randolph or some shit that you guys propose for Bosh... they would be crap right now.
Kobe is a million times better than Bosh.

And if Kobe had Turk, Jose, Jack, Bargs on his team back then isntead of Banks, Payton, Grant, a shitty(at the time) Caron Butler, Chris mihm he would have won more games. (not including both himself and Odom was injured throughout the season.
Snooch is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 09:32 AM   #19 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,816
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snooch View Post
Kobe is a million times better than Bosh.

And if Kobe had Turk, Jose, Jack, Bargs on his team back then isntead of Banks, Payton, Grant, a shitty(at the time) Caron Butler, Chris mihm he would have won more games. (not including both himself and Odom was injured throughout the season.
There is the Gold Standard. Kobe Bryant with one of the best coaches in NBA history (Phil Jackson & Rudy T) with a bad team, can get you .500 record.

Kobe played 66 games and the Lakers win 34 games in 04-05 season.
Kobe played 80 games and the Lakers win 45 games in 05-06 season.
Kobe played 77 games and the Lakers win 42 games in 06-07 season.
RAPMAN is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 09:38 AM   #20 (permalink)
Bmats7
is pounding the rock! (Edit)

Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAPMAN View Post
There is the Gold Standard. Kobe Bryant with one of the best coaches in NBA history (Phil Jackson & Rudy T) with a bad team, can get you .500 record.

Kobe played 66 games and the Lakers win 34 games in 04-05 season.
Kobe played 80 games and the Lakers win 45 games in 05-06 season.
Kobe played 77 games and the Lakers win 42 games in 06-07 season.
Those are his stats when he didn't have an all-star. Not to mention I would take Odom and Butler over Bargnani and Turkoglu any day of the week. And in those years, Bryant didn't win a playoff series.

When he rode Shaq's back for 3 titles he played with an all-star. And they got pau gasol for free.

Anyone of Wade, Lebron, Bryant, Tony Parker, Carter, Pierce etc. would have won with Shaq in his prime and under Phil Jackson.

Chris Bosh plays with no all-stars and a bunch of unathletic European players. Give him a break and let him be paired with an all-star and see what he can do.
  Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What will Bosh do tonight? Acie Toronto Raptors 38 11-19-2009 06:46 AM
Oh My Bosh! Design Your Very Own Chris Bosh Paper-Robo in Augmented Reality insultcomicdog Toronto Raptors 3 08-15-2009 08:20 PM
Shawn Marion and Chris Bosh on Hardcore Hoops Show tonight Ligeia Toronto Raptors 18 06-05-2009 11:08 AM
Our Boy Chris Bosh!!! Superjudge Toronto Raptors 38 12-01-2008 07:01 PM
Bosh Calling Out Fans Tonight Dr. J. Naismith Toronto Raptors 33 04-11-2008 09:43 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24