Chisholm: East struggles may affect Ujiri's decisions - Page 3
Old 11-23-2013, 03:51 PM   #41 (permalink)
La Decima!!!!!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 7,223
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LX View Post
Sweet. So rational and logical. Enjoy your dark dark days.
He's just drawing on some pretty striking similarities to the EC now and then which are pretty obvious.
LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 04:00 PM   #42 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,784
Representing:
Default

So as the teams get better and win games, the pro-tankers think of dream trade scenarios. Lets keep winning boys!!!
RAPMAN is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 04:32 PM   #43 (permalink)
payin Dwyane Wade

Senior Member
 
JoeyJoJo Shabbadu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 5,119
Representing:
Default

Ok. But there's a more important aspect here. If the race to the bottom is going to be this competitive, and we are already on the outside looking in, what talent is available for the fleecing, because tanking teams are going to start shipping any reasonable bench player or older player (non-rookie deals etc.) out for pretty much any expirings or picks. Maybe even Gay on a one year left deal looks attractive to trade away 20 mil in players.

We kind of have a chance to improve this team in another way with all the noise going on in the background.
JoeyJoJo Shabbadu is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 04:36 PM   #44 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 76,069
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyJoJo Shabbadu View Post
Ok. But there's a more important aspect here. If the race to the bottom is going to be this competitive, and we are already on the outside looking in, what talent is available for the fleecing, because tanking teams are going to start shipping any reasonable bench player or older player (non-rookie deals etc.) out for pretty much any expirings or picks. Maybe even Gay on a one year left deal looks attractive to trade away 20 mil in players.
I really think that teams will start unloading talent in the next month. And with the uncertainty with Miami after the season the EC could be wide open going into next season. IMO teams like Chicago, Detroit, Milwaukee, Denver, NYK, Memphis and possibly a few others will look to unload talent unless things turn around. It will be very interesting to see what Ujiri does.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 05:04 PM   #45 (permalink)
La Decima!!!!!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 7,223
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
I really think that teams will start unloading talent in the next month. And with the uncertainty with Miami after the season the EC could be wide open going into next season. IMO teams like Chicago, Detroit, Milwaukee, Denver, NYK, Memphis and possibly a few others will look to unload talent unless things turn around. It will be very interesting to see what Ujiri does.
Again things will look clearer after 20-30 games. Raps aren't exactly owning any1. Teams are what?0.5-2 games back? NYK will definitely not trade key assets as they have to do well given they have no picks. Brooklyn will bounce back- they had 4 key players not playing in their last game. Not to mention a KL and/or an Amir injury will destroy the team. Chicago is too good to just unload assets to tank. The only things desirable + somehwat attainable out of Detroit r Monroe and Pope. However even Monroe u have to be conscious of his payraise soon.
LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 06:05 PM   #46 (permalink)
rootin for the eagles, boise state, the leafs, raps, and jays

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Halifax
Posts: 5,577
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! View Post
Again things will look clearer after 20-30 games. Raps aren't exactly owning any1. Teams are what?0.5-2 games back? NYK will definitely not trade key assets as they have to do well given they have no picks. Brooklyn will bounce back- they had 4 key players not playing in their last game. Not to mention a KL and/or an Amir injury will destroy the team. Chicago is too good to just unload assets to tank. The only things desirable + somehwat attainable out of Detroit r Monroe and Pope. However even Monroe u have to be conscious of his payraise soon.
An Amir injury wouldn't even really hurt us this year, last year diff story. KL getting hurt is the total opposite, that would crush this season pretty much. Depending on how long he was hurt of course.
Chiggmo is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 06:15 PM   #47 (permalink)
La Decima!!!!!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 7,223
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiggmo View Post
An Amir injury wouldn't even really hurt us this year, last year diff story. KL getting hurt is the total opposite, that would crush this season pretty much. Depending on how long he was hurt of course.
KL moreso yes but this team without Amir would be quite flawed. Amir >>>>> TH and/or smallball and/or a platoon
LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 12:15 AM   #48 (permalink)
rootin for the eagles, boise state, the leafs, raps, and jays

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Halifax
Posts: 5,577
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! View Post
KL moreso yes but this team without Amir would be quite flawed. Amir >>>>> TH and/or smallball and/or a platoon
Oh I agree, just as far as impact to the overall team, it would hurt way less to lose Amir. That one is at least manageable. Losing KL wouldn't.
Chiggmo is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 11:31 AM   #49 (permalink)
Jonas needs minutes

Senior Member
 
rapsmannn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3,702
Representing:
Default

you know I've seen this movie a 3 or 4 years in a row, only difference is the east overall is in pretty bad shape

so a team like the Raptors who only missed by 4 games last year should have a hell of easier time making up 4 games this year, which automatically makes us a 8th seed, now the question how bad are thing going to get in the east

the draft is looking to be horrible day for us, wiggins, exum, and parker all gone to different teams

I've come the realization the Raptors will never get off the treadmill

Last edited by rapsmannn; 11-24-2013 at 11:33 AM.
rapsmannn is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 12:02 PM   #50 (permalink)
If I ruled the world...

Sippin' On Myself
 
KoolAid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Yes
Posts: 3,624
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapsmannn View Post
I've come the realization the Raptors will never get off the treadmill
KoolAid is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 12:07 PM   #51 (permalink)
Nasty, right? I cocked that joint back and banged on him!

Lackey
 
Ammo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: The Mighty North Tundra
Posts: 3,639
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapsmannn View Post
you know I've seen this movie a 3 or 4 years in a row, only difference is the east overall is in pretty bad shape

so a team like the Raptors who only missed by 4 games last year should have a hell of easier time making up 4 games this year, which automatically makes us a 8th seed, now the question how bad are thing going to get in the east

the draft is looking to be horrible day for us, wiggins, exum, and parker all gone to different teams

I've come the realization the Raptors will never get off the treadmill
It does make me wonder. If you don't get high picks and you don't attract the best free agents, you are left asking your GM to work miracles. Having said that, we don't know what deals some of the more desperate teams would make.
Ammo is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 01:59 PM   #52 (permalink)
LX
synapse jelly

In the Paint


 
LX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 28,726
Representing:
Default

You're asking your GM to do miracles? Or you're asking your GM to do his job? Just getting a high pick or a high-priced free agent could be done by a roomba. It's all about building the right infrastructure and relying on that over time to make great decisions that fit an overall plan, rather than easy decisions that are made with the hopes of leading to some kind of overall plan.
LX is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 02:07 PM   #53 (permalink)
If I ruled the world...

Sippin' On Myself
 
KoolAid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Yes
Posts: 3,624
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LX View Post
You're asking your GM to do miracles? Or you're asking your GM to do his job? Just getting a high pick or a high-priced free agent could be done by a roomba. It's all about building the right infrastructure and relying on that over time to make great decisions that fit an overall plan, rather than easy decisions that are made with the hopes of leading to some kind of overall plan.
I would rather have a roomba that built a contender than a genius that is stuck in a treadmill.
KoolAid is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 04:19 PM   #54 (permalink)
LX
synapse jelly

In the Paint


 
LX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 28,726
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolAid View Post
I would rather have a roomba that built a contender than a genius that is stuck in a treadmill.
Yeah. I guess i might feel the same way. But i would not expect such results.
LX is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 08:16 PM   #55 (permalink)
La Decima!!!!!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 7,223
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolAid View Post
We all are masochists for being fans of this franchise.
LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:15 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24