Changes coming in Raps front office...new GM?
Old 07-01-2011, 09:06 AM   #1 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 73,148
Representing:
Raptors Changes coming in Raps front office...new GM?

Interesting,


Quote:
There are changes coming to the Raptors front office, even if some familiar names will remain.

Maurizio Gherardini, currently the team’s senior vice-president of basketball operations, and Jim Kelly, the team’s senior director of scouting, have had their contracts extended through the 2011-12 season.

But their duties could very well change.

President and general manager Bryan Colangelo has expressed the desire to restructure the team’s hierarchy and the job descriptions of Gherardini and Kelly are expected to change — perhaps dramatically — when Colangelo finishes his housecleaning.

The president has said he wants to bring in a new face to the front office in some senior capacity, perhaps with the title of general manager, and that search continues.
http://www.thestar.com/mobile/sports...ice-faces?bn=1

Last edited by jeffb; 07-01-2011 at 09:14 AM.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 09:18 AM   #2 (permalink)
#NorthernUprising

Next year...
 
js12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: T.O.
Posts: 5,475
Representing:
Default

That's strange. He just signed an extension for GM.
js12 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 09:30 AM   #3 (permalink)
and that's the bottom line, cause JV said so!!!

This is how U(jiri) do it
 
Carlos Danger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Halifax
Posts: 3,910
Representing:
Default

It won't happen until the lock out is over anyway I don't think.
Carlos Danger is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 10:02 AM   #4 (permalink)
Waiting for DD's 1st in game wind mill Dunk

Senior Member

 
halphbreedballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: T.O.
Posts: 4,752
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by js12 View Post
That's strange. He just signed an extension for GM.
BC is the president & the GM

Maybe BC wants to make someone else the GM for scape goat purposes?
halphbreedballer is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 10:23 AM   #5 (permalink)
is back baby

Large and in charge
 
Snooch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: All up in there
Posts: 8,160
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by halphbreedballer View Post
BC is the president & the GM

Maybe BC wants to make someone else the GM for scape goat purposes?
I am certain that is the reason.


actually, I would be more inclined to believe that BC has inclinations to advancing even further up into the hierarchy of MLSE than he is in bringing in a scapegoat gm.
Snooch is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 10:25 AM   #6 (permalink)
#NorthernUprising

Next year...
 
js12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: T.O.
Posts: 5,475
Representing:
Default

I have a feeling that even if there is a new GM, BC's going to be calling a lot of the shots.
js12 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 10:45 AM   #7 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,487
Representing:
Default

I believe he's going to eliminate all roles completely. Nobody has titles. Everybody does everything, everybody does nothing. Accountability is dispersed yet unnecessary. No walls, no lines, just business. Genius.
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 10:46 AM   #8 (permalink)
Captain of the Jamario Moon fan club.

Born Unready
 
Dark Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Electric Avenue
Posts: 15,468
Representing:
Default

Now lets hire Isiah Thomas as the lead scout!
Dark Knight is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 11:49 AM   #9 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 506
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
Now lets hire Isiah Thomas as the lead scout!
as a scout, i wouldn't mind. just don't let him sign the free agents.
SoGood is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 11:55 AM   #10 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,487
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
Now lets hire Isiah Thomas as the lead scout!
Renaldo Balkman anyone? Colangelo does well enough with his scouting staff.
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 11:57 AM   #11 (permalink)
#NorthernUprising

Next year...
 
js12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: T.O.
Posts: 5,475
Representing:
Default

The Raptors just extended the contract of the lead scout (Jim Kelly) yesterday. So no change for another year probably.
js12 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 11:59 AM   #12 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 73,148
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by js12 View Post
The Raptors just extended the contract of the lead scout (Jim Kelly) yesterday. So no change for another year probably.
Quote:
Maurizio Gherardini, currently the teamís senior vice-president of basketball operations, and Jim Kelly, the teamís senior director of scouting, have had their contracts extended through the 2011-12 season.

But their duties could very well change.

jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 12:36 PM   #13 (permalink)
the next dictator of MLSE

fresh and clean
 
Windex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: uʍop ɹǝpun
Posts: 22,524
Representing:
Default

Windex is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 12:41 PM   #14 (permalink)
Follow @raptorsforum on twitter

Senior Member

 
box92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 6,269
Representing:
Default

Probably a scapegoat
box92 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 03:16 PM   #15 (permalink)
Waiting for DD's 1st in game wind mill Dunk

Senior Member

 
halphbreedballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: T.O.
Posts: 4,752
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
I believe he's going to eliminate all roles completely. Nobody has titles. Everybody does everything, everybody does nothing. Accountability is dispersed yet unnecessary. No walls, no lines, just business. Genius.
I love this post lol!
halphbreedballer is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 03:38 PM   #16 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,487
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by halphbreedballer View Post
I love this post lol!
much appreciated!
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 06:07 PM   #17 (permalink)
a nacho hound

Senior Member
 
Toby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: South of Portland, home of the Blazers
Posts: 4,969
Representing:
Default

Kevin Pritchard rules. Bad mistake on Blazers part. Dude's assistant porked the mascot in the cafeteria, and KP tried to hide it, or some stupid shit like that went down.

Dude knows young talent, we wouldn't be in the playoffs if he didn't put our team together.
Toby is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 06:33 PM   #18 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,487
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toby View Post
Kevin Pritchard rules. Bad mistake on Blazers part. Dude's assistant porked the mascot in the cafeteria, and KP tried to hide it, or some stupid shit like that went down.

Dude knows young talent, we wouldn't be in the playoffs if he didn't put our team together.
While he may rule, he isn't without warts. You can't say objectively that Oden doesn't stand on his record as a huge gaffe, and not trading Roy at some point with all of his medical history is another missed opportunity (though not necessarily an obvious one).

There were other pieces brought in that haven't lived up to expectations either, including Rudy, Batum, Andre Miller, Bayless..... not saying they are all failures, but definitely show less impressively on his record. I apologize if he wasn't in charge of all those pieces.
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 06:01 PM   #19 (permalink)
a nacho hound

Senior Member
 
Toby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: South of Portland, home of the Blazers
Posts: 4,969
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
While he may rule, he isn't without warts. You can't say objectively that Oden doesn't stand on his record as a huge gaffe, and not trading Roy at some point with all of his medical history is another missed opportunity (though not necessarily an obvious one).

There were other pieces brought in that haven't lived up to expectations either, including Rudy, Batum, Andre Miller, Bayless..... not saying they are all failures, but definitely show less impressively on his record. I apologize if he wasn't in charge of all those pieces.
You gotta realize how bad the Blazers were when KP got hired. We were coming off a season setting a new record by losing 4 games in a row by 35 or more, and Ruben Patterson was our go to guy in the 4th.

Our front office worked like an underground family mob of Paul Allen money suckers "working" for our organization. Between the Pritch and Larry Miller, they bundled up 2/3 of our salary employees and tossed them into the Willamette River.

KP's starting hand was a 7, 2 off-suit, and he bluffed his way through drafts and trades to make us a playoff team once again.

Oden having bad luck with injury is not KP's fault. Oden would've been drafted #1 by most every team. It's not like the Sam Bowie draft, where Bowie was supposed to go between 6-12, and Portland passed on Jordan using their #2 pick on Bowie.

Last edited by Toby; 07-02-2011 at 06:03 PM.
Toby is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 06:34 PM   #20 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,487
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toby View Post
You gotta realize how bad the Blazers were when KP got hired. We were coming off a season setting a new record by losing 4 games in a row by 35 or more, and Ruben Patterson was our go to guy in the 4th.

Our front office worked like an underground family mob of Paul Allen money suckers "working" for our organization. Between the Pritch and Larry Miller, they bundled up 2/3 of our salary employees and tossed them into the Willamette River.

KP's starting hand was a 7, 2 off-suit, and he bluffed his way through drafts and trades to make us a playoff team once again.

Oden having bad luck with injury is not KP's fault. Oden would've been drafted #1 by most every team. It's not like the Sam Bowie draft, where Bowie was supposed to go between 6-12, and Portland passed on Jordan using their #2 pick on Bowie.
First off, never slam the Kobe stopper...... loved watching that Blazers team. They got jobbed in one playoff series....

Oden/Durant was a 60/40 situation.... he chose wrong, even given the one leg longer than the other and injury history...

While he did alot of good, he also had some major gaffes. It's the nature of the job. There isn't a GM out there that is perfect.
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24