A changed man..
Old 04-03-2008, 01:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: dominican republic baby
Posts: 547
Representing:
Default A changed man..

Well, im getting sick of this blame Ford for everything vibe on the forum these days, im guilty in some respects but i say my piece once in a while, i dont blame everything that goes bad for the Raptors on TJ.

Moreso, ive really been watching TJ these last games and truthfully, his ceiling is so much higher then Jose, its a joke to even compare them IMO, yes ive CHANGED my mind on the PG situation!!! Ford at his best will always be > Jose at his best, plain n simple fact. Ppl praise Jose cuz he has had a couple of amazing months in his entire career, like this proves overall consistentcy that he can play on a almost Nash like level longterm is crazy, he has certainly cooled off imo and isnt nearly the crazy threat TJ is on offense, and for all the talk of TJs poor D, i consider Joses worse. Jose hasnt done anything long enuff to risk gambling on him to be your starting PG longterm and his ceiling as i said isnt nearly as high as TJ, i really think TJ is making an effort to change and will only grow as a player and become an elite PG... in other words, this off season...

ADIOS JOSE!!
pimpery is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 01:35 PM   #2 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Superjudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 17,371
Representing:
Default

Wow.
Superjudge is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 02:21 PM   #3 (permalink)
BOOBS

never too old.
 
INSIDER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: richmond hill
Posts: 10,804
Representing:
Default

bandwagon.
INSIDER is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 02:23 PM   #4 (permalink)
...

Senior Member

 
Ball Don't Lie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 12,161
Representing:
Default

Imagine when one of them is gone by training camp next year, then none of you will have anything to argue about then maybe we'll start talking about the games more.

The TJ vs Jose garbage has grown to a sickening level on every raps board and its dumb. Toronto fans will never be happy.
Ball Don't Lie is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 02:25 PM   #5 (permalink)
adoring his baby girl.

Senior Member
 
Sick, Wicked and Nasty!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Canada eh?
Posts: 3,278
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thriller92 View Post
Imagine when one of them is gone by training camp next year, then none of you will have anything to argue about then maybe we'll start talking about the games more.

The TJ vs Jose garbage has grown to a sickening level on every raps board and its dumb. Toronto fans will never be happy.
Raptors fans will always find something.
Sick, Wicked and Nasty! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 02:54 PM   #6 (permalink)
landry fields forever

Banned
 
Acie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Living in a van down by the river
Posts: 19,089
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thriller92 View Post
Imagine when one of them is gone by training camp next year, then none of you will have anything to argue about then maybe we'll start talking about the games more.

The TJ vs Jose garbage has grown to a sickening level on every raps board and its dumb. Toronto fans will never be happy.

They'll just revert back to the Bargs vs. Bosh debate.
Acie is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 03:05 PM   #7 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: dominican republic baby
Posts: 547
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACIEEARL40 View Post
They'll just revert back to the Bargs vs. Bosh debate.
if thats seriously a debate, ppl need to get their heads out of their asses lol BUSTnani lol seriously, step up ppl who said he will be better then Bosh? I wanna see u? I wanna hear u?

Ill jack my own thread, trade this tool BUSTnani while he has any value cuz he is young!
pimpery is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 03:13 PM   #8 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: dominican republic baby
Posts: 547
Representing:
Default

and seriously, get your heads out your asses, forums are all about ppl making controversy and giving their opinions on players who should be moved and who is better... yet u all talk about "toronto fans" change the toronto to any pro sports team and its the same thing, thats what its about, thats why we come here, to argue about players, coaching decisions etc etc, u think the forum would be great if it was all "wow Raptors are so good, i love every1, we are the greatest" in every post?
pimpery is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 03:35 PM   #9 (permalink)
www.torontoraptorsforum.com

giant steps
 
'trane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 15,191
Representing:
Default

do you ever post anything beside hyperbole pimp?
'trane is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 03:35 PM   #10 (permalink)
enjoying having the keys to destiny

perusing ancient database
 
ClingRap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: The far side of the Universe.
Posts: 1,846
Representing:
Default

while i can appreciate your opinion about board elitism and there being only certain topics to broach, the problem with what your saying is that its so fairweather. also, most people in this thread are board regulars who read all the threads, and the jose vs tj shit, the pitting of the two guards together completely closes off the possibility of imagining how these guys could play together. that'd be a more fun speculative kind of exercise. both dudes are talented, and for a stretch this year, and last night even, they played exceptionally well (with exception of that last bibby gaff).
enough with the versus shit i say.
ClingRap is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 03:47 PM   #11 (permalink)
a Piston Fan !

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 2,242
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpery View Post
Well, im getting sick of this blame Ford for everything vibe on the forum these days, im guilty in some respects but i say my piece once in a while, i dont blame everything that goes bad for the Raptors on TJ.

Moreso, ive really been watching TJ these last games and truthfully, his ceiling is so much higher then Jose, its a joke to even compare them IMO, yes ive CHANGED my mind on the PG situation!!! Ford at his best will always be > Jose at his best, plain n simple fact. Ppl praise Jose cuz he has had a couple of amazing months in his entire career, like this proves overall consistentcy that he can play on a almost Nash like level longterm is crazy, he has certainly cooled off imo and isnt nearly the crazy threat TJ is on offense, and for all the talk of TJs poor D, i consider Joses worse. Jose hasnt done anything long enuff to risk gambling on him to be your starting PG longterm and his ceiling as i said isnt nearly as high as TJ, i really think TJ is making an effort to change and will only grow as a player and become an elite PG... in other words, this off season...

ADIOS JOSE!!
Unfortunately pimpery, regardless how well TJ is playing now he still won't be our guy. The guy was trouble with the bucks hence they got rid of him, he was also a target there on their message boards.

You just don't build teams around a 5 ft nothing pg. He sure does have some offencive punch but shit he is such a defencive liability. Jose is way better as a defender and you see it as when both are on the floor at the same time that Mitchell puts Jose guarding the stronger point guard.

TJ is a very good point guard, agreed he played very well last night. I will not flip flop or lower my standard on what a elite guard should bring to the table.

Again just from watching the replays from last nites game it was Jose and company that took us into half time with the lead. Jose played the entire 2nd quarter as the Raptors were rocking and rolling, hell Mitch decided not to bring TJ back because Jose had the team going. If Mitch had the balls he should have started Jose in the third, but we all know that TJ would have flipped.

I find it remarkable how much better Jose plays off the bench compared to MeJ. I find it now hiliarious rememberiing how Jose's level of team play started the point guard controversy. I remember how Jose used to get ripped that he looked so good coming off the bench because he always got to play against the other teams second and third stringers.There were so many excuses why Jose was doing so well.

Pimpery I would not yet pimp Jose away. There is no way in this world that I would with the recent play of MeJ change my mind. If anything it just shows how self centered MeJ really is. TJ's character has been challendged and he has shown that he is not really a team player. I will not waver.

With or without Jose next year i will continue to challenge TJ as the saying goes a leoperd never changes his spots.I do agree that this debate has gotten boring, it would disappear if TJ is gone in the summer. If Tj remains and Jose leaves the saga of Mej will just continue.

Bottom line though I want to see the Raptors win. If thats means winning with TJ playing more minutes I can live with that but I will never never ever ever support MeJ for his self centered character and lack of team play.

Pimp it was April fools day on the 1st, hopefully MeJ has not fooled you today.

Last edited by raptor123; 04-03-2008 at 04:00 PM.
raptor123 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 03:48 PM   #12 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: dominican republic baby
Posts: 547
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClingRap View Post
while i can appreciate your opinion about board elitism and there being only certain topics to broach, the problem with what your saying is that its so fairweather. also, most people in this thread are board regulars who read all the threads, and the jose vs tj shit, the pitting of the two guards together completely closes off the possibility of imagining how these guys could play together. that'd be a more fun speculative kind of exercise. both dudes are talented, and for a stretch this year, and last night even, they played exceptionally well (with exception of that last bibby gaff).
enough with the versus shit i say.
in the world of sunshine and lollypops perhaps, but if u have watched them on the floor 2gether, its just not a longterm viable solution. I know ppl are sick of the arguement, and the fact is ive refrained from being invovled in it for along time, but now im reaping the benefits of giving my opinion and why it changed

And no Coltrane, only your posts and opinions are meaningful, sorry for interjecting my hyperbole, mature comment btw
pimpery is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 03:49 PM   #13 (permalink)
hibernating

Retired Administrator
 
Benzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 4,990
Representing:
Default

Will not read that...break it up a bit...hurts my eyes.
Benzo is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 05:14 PM   #14 (permalink)
www.torontoraptorsforum.com

giant steps
 
'trane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 15,191
Representing:
Default

A banned man..

ADIOS PIMP!!
'trane is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 05:16 PM   #15 (permalink)
convinced that Raptors fans are only happy when they're unhappy.

Retired Administrator
 
Dr. J. Naismith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Almonte
Posts: 12,770
Representing:
Default

And to think we lost such a valuable contributer to the RealGM. Damn you RealGM .... you have yourselves one helluva poster now.
Dr. J. Naismith is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 08:29 PM   #16 (permalink)
...

Senior Member

 
Ball Don't Lie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 12,161
Representing:
Default

pimp got banned? Haha.
Ball Don't Lie is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 09:09 PM   #17 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member, Eh?
 
Major's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,598
Representing:
Default

I seriousley can't stand these threads...

Pimp got banned? For real? ROFL!!
Major is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 10:39 PM   #18 (permalink)
hibernating

Retired Administrator
 
Benzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 4,990
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major View Post
I seriousley can't stand these threads...

Pimp got banned? For real? ROFL!!
You should have seen the post that broke the camels back.
Benzo is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 11:47 PM   #19 (permalink)
enjoying having the keys to destiny

perusing ancient database
 
ClingRap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: The far side of the Universe.
Posts: 1,846
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzo View Post
You should have seen the post that broke the camels back.
what'd it say?
ClingRap is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 11:48 PM   #20 (permalink)
hibernating

Retired Administrator
 
Benzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 4,990
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClingRap View Post
what'd it say?
Banning.
Benzo is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
NBA.com: Things have changed in Raptorland jeffb Toronto Raptors 7 01-07-2010 06:32 PM
Changed Servers Again Dr. J. Naismith News & Announcements 6 02-28-2009 04:55 PM
What's Changed in Toronto Windex The Podium 13 01-24-2009 04:58 PM
Raptors site has been changed? Windex Toronto Raptors 3 11-09-2008 12:50 PM
Nothings changed. Ugo Ferst Toronto Raptors 12 11-09-2008 11:21 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24