Change it up !!!!! - Page 3
Old 12-08-2012, 01:18 PM   #41 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,494
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
I agree since the team sucks. I think Derozan who now makes the same salary would fetch more because of his so called athletic ability and GM's would also like his work ethic. And since our best player only makes 5.5mil don't know what he could get us unless paired with a larger contract.
DD and his supposed work ethic.... maybe he can use that to work on some lockdown D? He's a cubic zirconia in the rough.
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 03:06 PM   #42 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 76,135
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
DD and his supposed work ethic.... maybe he can use that to work on some lockdown D? He's a cubic zirconia in the rough.
I agree, but he has a preutation of having this great work ethic.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 03:09 PM   #43 (permalink)
doesn't care where LeBron plays. Or Melo.

OY!!
 
niggles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Loch Ness
Posts: 2,991
Representing:
Default

When Jose is inevitably gone, I'm really excited to see a new handle, maybe Wizards123 or Cavs123 or Hawks123 or Bobcats123 or anything 123.

Having Manuel is more than enough punishment for us.
niggles is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 03:57 PM   #44 (permalink)
Embracing the departure of all the trolls

Senior Member
 
Bargn88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,795
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by niggles View Post
When Jose is inevitably gone, I'm really excited to see a new handle, maybe Wizards123 or Cavs123 or Hawks123 or Bobcats123 or anything 123.

Having Manuel is more than enough punishment for us.
If Kleiza is traded or JV go's down for an extended period of time we would probably lose about 90% of the posters that have joined in the past 5 months
Bargn88 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 03:58 PM   #45 (permalink)
sick of the raps sucking

Junior Member
 
Slick94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Ontario
Posts: 96
Representing:
Default

I don't understand the hard on many have with Lowry on this board!! The last time I checked Lowry and Caldy have both accounted for the same amount of W's for this team while starting. In fact I would even say the losses we've had have been much closer with Jose starting!! haha you know your team is shit when...
Slick94 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 04:02 PM   #46 (permalink)
and a 1, and a 2, and a 1,2,3,4!

Senior Member
 
pzabby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: toronto
Posts: 6,976
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick94 View Post
I don't understand the hard on many have with Lowry on this board!! The last time I checked Lowry and Caldy have both accounted for the same amount of W's for this team while starting. In fact I would even say the losses we've had have been much closer with Jose starting!! haha you know your team is shit when...
given your avatar, are you the next raptor123?
pzabby is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 04:39 PM   #47 (permalink)
doesn't care where LeBron plays. Or Melo.

OY!!
 
niggles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Loch Ness
Posts: 2,991
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bargn88 View Post
If Kleiza is traded or JV go's down for an extended period of time we would probably lose about 90% of the posters that have joined in the past 5 months
I'll still be here. I am fan of the team, not individuals.
niggles is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 04:57 PM   #48 (permalink)
sick of the raps sucking

Junior Member
 
Slick94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Ontario
Posts: 96
Representing:
Default

Meh, I've been on this board for about 4 years now - I don't really post much but instead just tend to read and pick my spots here and there. I've watched Jose get shit-on and be the subject of the same unwarranted comments season after season now. With respect to this season, however, it is tough to discredit my prior post. We gave up a first rounder for a guy (Lowry) who has produced 2 wins for us. Yes that is correct: 2 wins. How many wins has Jose produced for us as a starter? 2 wins. IDGAF about any of the stat lines Lowry's had or how his style of play is "better" for us than Caldys'. In the eyes of many on this board K-Low was supposed to be the big acquisition for us that would help us become a playoff contending team. Now I'd be lying if I said I didn't hope that would be the case, but I knew he wouldn't be that game-changing guy to get us over the hump like many thought.

It is clear that this team has major problems which I'm sure we can all agree. With respect to the PG position, though, y'all can debate what those are with R123 until you're blue in the face. But the fact of the matter here and the main point I wanted to convey is that Lowry, our big free agent signing, has netted us nothing more than Jose has, plain and simple.
Slick94 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 05:59 PM   #49 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 76,135
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick94 View Post
With respect to this season, however, it is tough to discredit my prior post. We gave up a first rounder for a guy (Lowry) who has produced 2 wins for us. Yes that is correct: 2 wins. How many wins has Jose produced for us as a starter? 2 wins.
Fuckin' ridiculous. Neither has produced one win. The team has produced 4 wins....the end. You win and lose as a team. Chris Paul the last couple years in New Orleans couldn't carry his team to success and he's the best PG in the NBA. You have to be a healthy team and have to have talent/depth. Are you another one of these dingbats that only watches one position thinking that that position alone gets you wins? The last 4 years with Jose Calderon starting has been a disaster, is he the sole reason we've been a losing team, no but is he a major contributor abso-fuckin-lutely. And to throw a guy under the bus that has played 14 games total for us and is a far better all round PG just to justify your love for a player that while yes has some good atributes also has massive holes in his game, especially on D is just ridiculous.


jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 06:06 PM   #50 (permalink)
not here

Tolerate my english
 
Rimpianto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Rome\Edinburgh
Posts: 321
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
... Are you another one of these dingbats that only watches one position thinking that that position alone gets you wins? ...
Though it seems that for many here a change on the PF spot will solve every problem of this team.
Rimpianto is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 06:07 PM   #51 (permalink)
a Piston Fan !

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 2,258
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Fuckin' ridiculous. Neither has produced one win. The team has produced 4 wins....the end. You win and lose as a team. Chris Paul the last couple years in New Orleans couldn't carry his team to success and he's the best PG in the NBA. You have to be a healthy team and have to have talent/depth. Are you another one of these dingbats that only watches one position thinking that that position alone gets you wins? The last 4 years with Jose Calderon starting has been a disaster, is he the sole reason we've been a losing team, no but is he a major contributor abso-fuckin-lutely. And to throw a guy under the bus that has played 14 games total for us and is a far better all round PG just to justify your love for a player that while yes has some good atributes also has massive holes in his game, especially on D is just ridiculous.


Hey slick94 you rattled jeffb......see the smoke coming out of his ass lol............good for you sport.......and Jeff the 4 wins were team wins you say ???????? and the last 4 years was Calderons fault lol..........hey let me help you put the fire out for you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!




there you go !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
raptor123 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 06:14 PM   #52 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 76,135
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor123 View Post
and the last 4 years was Calderons fault lol..........he
Again with the baseless bullshit comment that have no basis in reality. Name me one poster that blamed the last 4years on that pylon? No one player is solely responsible for shit. Get that through your booze soaked head.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 06:40 PM   #53 (permalink)
Embracing the departure of all the trolls

Senior Member
 
Bargn88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,795
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Again with the baseless bullshit comment that have no basis in reality. Name me one poster that blamed the last 4years on that pylon? No one player is solely responsible for shit. Get that through your booze soaked head.
I usualy turn on the television when I'm eating a meal or stream something on my laptop, however recently I've been just as entertained reading the debates between you and Raptor123.

Might invite my buddies for the next round.
Bargn88 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 06:42 PM   #54 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 76,135
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bargn88 View Post
I usualy turn on the television when I'm eating a meal or stream something on my laptop, however recently I've been just as entertained reading the debates between you and Raptor123.

Might invite my buddies for the next round.
Don't bother, i'm done interacting with that munchkin.

I'm following in the footsteps of Shadow and ignoring that loose C***!
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 06:45 PM   #55 (permalink)
and a 1, and a 2, and a 1,2,3,4!

Senior Member
 
pzabby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: toronto
Posts: 6,976
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Again with the baseless bullshit comment that have no basis in reality. Name me one poster that blamed the last 4years on that pylon? No one player is solely responsible for shit. Get that through your booze soaked head.
pzabby is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 07:21 PM   #56 (permalink)
sick of the raps sucking

Junior Member
 
Slick94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Ontario
Posts: 96
Representing:
Default

[quote=jeffb;717268]Fuckin' ridiculous. Neither has produced one win. The team has produced 4 wins....the end. You win and lose as a team. Chris Paul the last couple years in New Orleans couldn't carry his team to success and he's the best PG in the NBA. You have to be a healthy team and have to have talent/depth. Are you another one of these dingbats that only watches one position thinking that that position alone gets you wins? The last 4 years with Jose Calderon starting has been a disaster, is he the sole reason we've been a losing team, no but is he a major contributor abso-fuckin-lutely. And to throw a guy under the bus that has played 14 games total for us and is a far better all round PG just to justify your love for a player that while yes has some good atributes also has massive holes in his game, especially on D is just ridiculous.


Totally missing my point man - I'm not surprised. It's a protypical response I've come to expect from you whenever one of your views towards this team is challenged. You took my comment completely out of context to try and defend yourself and Lowry again. What else is new? Obviously one player can't produce a Win all by himself, no matter what team sport we're talking about. I've played competitive hockey all my life including D1 in the US - I understand the concept of a team, you "dingbat".
I'd also like to note that you proved my point correct re: shitting on Jose's skills and implying Lowry is a better fit for this team based on his skillset. What are you basing your opinion on? It sure as hell can't be helping this young team find a way to win, because I will again note that he has HELPED this young team earn just two wins thus far. Again obviously Lowry isn't SOLEY responsible for those wins - I figured you'd be smart enough to understand that I wasn't suggesting that. Even though he goes into hero mode at times he isn't capable of individually propeling his teams to victory. Jose isn't either, obviously. Their games are different but again, to beat this line into the ground, we've netted an equal two wins apiece when they've started.
With respect to your comment about me throwing Lowry under the bus: I'm sorry but 14 games when you are a 26 year-old veteran is plenty of time to prove yourself so I refuse to take that shit as an excuse.

I want to reiterate that my intention here wasn't to instigate the Jose vs. Lowry debate. Jose has been struggling lately and I'll be the first to admit it. He needs to figure shit out - the team needs him. I just think he takes too much criticism on this board, when, in my opinion, it's totally unwarranted.
Slick94 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 07:27 PM   #57 (permalink)
and a 1, and a 2, and a 1,2,3,4!

Senior Member
 
pzabby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: toronto
Posts: 6,976
Representing:
Default

[quote=Slick94;717300]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Fuckin' ridiculous. Neither has produced one win. The team has produced 4 wins....the end. You win and lose as a team. Chris Paul the last couple years in New Orleans couldn't carry his team to success and he's the best PG in the NBA. You have to be a healthy team and have to have talent/depth. Are you another one of these dingbats that only watches one position thinking that that position alone gets you wins? The last 4 years with Jose Calderon starting has been a disaster, is he the sole reason we've been a losing team, no but is he a major contributor abso-fuckin-lutely. And to throw a guy under the bus that has played 14 games total for us and is a far better all round PG just to justify your love for a player that while yes has some good atributes also has massive holes in his game, especially on D is just ridiculous.


Totally missing my point man - I'm not surprised. It's a protypical response I've come to expect from you whenever one of your views towards this team is challenged. You took my comment completely out of context to try and defend yourself and Lowry again. What else is new? Obviously one player can't produce a Win all by himself, no matter what team sport we're talking about. I've played competitive hockey all my life including D1 in the US - I understand the concept of a team, you "dingbat".
I'd also like to note that you proved my point correct re: shitting on Jose's skills and implying Lowry is a better fit for this team based on his skillset. What are you basing your opinion on? It sure as hell can't be helping this young team find a way to win, because I will again note that he has HELPED this young team earn just two wins thus far. Again obviously Lowry isn't SOLEY responsible for those wins - I figured you'd be smart enough to understand that I wasn't suggesting that. Even though he goes into hero mode at times he isn't capable of individually propeling his teams to victory. Jose isn't either, obviously. Their games are different but again, to beat this line into the ground, we've netted an equal two wins apiece when they've started.
With respect to your comment about me throwing Lowry under the bus: I'm sorry but 14 games when you are a 26 year-old veteran is plenty of time to prove yourself so I refuse to take that shit as an excuse.

I want to reiterate that my intention here wasn't to instigate the Jose vs. Lowry debate. Jose has been struggling lately and I'll be the first to admit it. He needs to figure shit out - the team needs him. I just think he takes too much criticism on this board, when, in my opinion, it's totally unwarranted.
Fact a) this team's problems lie on the defensive end

Fact b) this team plays better defence with Lowry than Jose and this is based on viewing games not some mindless stat.

Fact c) games that have been close have been more due to Lowry than Jose Manuel Calderon since this "hero mode" actually works as he gets to the line and makes the shots at an excellent clip
pzabby is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 07:30 PM   #58 (permalink)
sick of the raps sucking

Junior Member
 
Slick94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Ontario
Posts: 96
Representing:
Default

...still hasn't translated to more W's.
Slick94 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 07:39 PM   #59 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Senior Member
 
TORaptor4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,432
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick94 View Post
...still hasn't translated to more W's.
Because the team itself is broken.... plain & simple.

As for judging Lowry on these 14 games... you know that he's been playing injured for about 8-10 of those right? (and still played well)

I like Jose and have defended him MANY times in the past, but Lowry in undoubtedly the better player and the superior all-around PG.

Last edited by TORaptor4Ever; 12-08-2012 at 08:29 PM.
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 03:12 AM   #60 (permalink)
a Piston Fan !

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 2,258
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever View Post
I like Jose and have defended him MANY times in the past, but Lowry in undoubtedly the better player and the superior all-around PG.
Jose Calderon at 26 years old vs Kyle Lowry at 26 years old

Calderon - better FG % shooter, better 3 pt %shooter. better FT % shooter,better playmaker assists to turnover ratio, more assist per game, more double doubles, smarter IQ, better team defender.




Jose Calderon at 31 years old vs Kyle Lowry at 26 years old


Calderon - better FG % shooter, better 3 pt %shooter. better FT % shooter,better playmaker assists to turnover ratio, more assist per game, more double doubles,more triple doubles smarter IQ, better team defender.


Lets give Lowry max money hes so much better then Calderon.....if you really want to believe it go head and believe.....

Links on above click on any NBA stats sheet......Time to get the Calderon should start chant going.....Lowry for a first round pick !!!!

raptor123 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:28 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24