Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards

Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/)
-   Toronto Raptors (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/)
-   -   Chance At Harrison Barnes? (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/chance-harrison-barnes-22103.html)

just4_raps 02-04-2012 03:57 AM

Chance At Harrison Barnes?
 
At the pace we're going. Probably have the 5-6th pick. Do we have a shot at getting Harrison Barnes? Or maybe another impact SF rookie that you want to discuss?

rapsmannn 02-04-2012 04:20 AM

this is for sure the worst team the raptors put on the floor since we landed the no 1 pick in the draft in 06

and where missing bargs for a ton of games,

the funny hting is we have almolst the same record with team that has a top 3 pg in deron williams on it, and another team wiht amare and melo on it

jeffb 02-04-2012 10:28 AM

we're on pace for 22-23 wins, especially if bargs gets back and stays back. that probably keep us in the 5-7 range. which means it's unlikely we get barnes unless we trade up. Glichrest though would be possible.

Alex 02-04-2012 11:24 AM

How I would love to have a better record than NY.

just4_raps 02-04-2012 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffb (Post 609401)
we're on pace for 22-23 wins, especially if bargs gets back and stays back. that probably keep us in the 5-7 range. which means it's unlikely we get barnes unless we trade up. Glichrest though would be possible.

how much better is harrison barnes over glichrest?

jeffb 02-04-2012 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ahhhnth (Post 609439)
how much better is harrison barnes over glichrest?

Honestly I don't know. I haven't been watching NCAA. So I'm going by word of mouth and scouting/ratings. What I've heard about Barnes that I like is that he can score but that he plays good D. Gilchrest I'm not sure about but everything I hear is that he's the second best option at SF.

Claudius 02-04-2012 12:24 PM

Neither Gilchrist or Barnes are franchise saviors, or franchise players. More so, I'd say they'd top at third options on a good team.

If I had to pick though, Barnes imo is a better defender out of the two and I like guys who go to big programs and learn from good coaches. So Barnes.

jeffb 02-04-2012 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Claudius (Post 609447)
Neither Gilchrist or Barnes are franchise saviors, or franchise players. More so, I'd say they'd top at third options on a good team.

If I had to pick though, Barnes imo is a better defender out of the two and I like guys who go to big programs and learn from good coaches. So Barnes.


If either can be Rudy Gay like I'd be pretty happy.

Alex 02-04-2012 12:33 PM

I've been told the Barnes struggles to create his own shot.

pzabby 02-04-2012 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex (Post 609453)
I've been told the Barnes struggles to create his own shot.

Another derozan but with D?

Someguy again 02-04-2012 12:52 PM

barnes feels like a defensive glue guy but with tremendous length. not the franchise player everyone desperately wants, but i would still take him.

LOG 02-04-2012 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pzabby (Post 609461)
Another derozan but with D?

If that's the case, I hope we are not getting him :sigh:

Cartmen 02-04-2012 01:05 PM

With the 2nd pick take a PG like Kendall or another SF:
Will Barton

box92 02-04-2012 01:29 PM

i want either lamb or MKG

LOG 02-04-2012 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by box1992 (Post 609492)
i want either lamb or MKG

me too :police:

RaptorsandBuckeye FaN 02-04-2012 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pzabby (Post 609461)
Another derozan but with D?

No.

Barnes is a shooter unlike DD. Great shooter. One thing Barnes has struggle with AT TIMES is dribbling. Sometimes he will dribble himself into a turnover. 6'8 SF though, so great size, very good defense, great shooter, rebounds, and athletic.

Barnes is easily one of the best prospect in the draft and will be a very good player. Franchise player? Not sure yet. I think he can get better, how much better is the question?

RaptorsandBuckeye FaN 02-04-2012 02:02 PM


Someguy again 02-04-2012 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaptorsandBuckeye FaN (Post 609498)
No.

Barnes is a shooter unlike DD. Great shooter. One thing Barnes has struggle with AT TIMES is dribbling. Sometimes he will dribble himself into a turnover. 6'8 SF though, so great size, very good defense, great shooter, rebounds, and athletic.

Barnes is easily one of the best prospect in the draft and will be a very good player. Franchise player? Not sure yet. I think he can get better, how much better is the question?

get your reasonable perspective outta here!

Carlos Danger 02-04-2012 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Someguy again (Post 609505)
get your reasonable perspective outta here!

:top marks:

I tihnk we could get him.. he'd be a great fit.

:tank:

He and the Tar Heels are playing on TSN2 in about 25 minutes if anyone is interested.

EggsToTheBBQ 02-04-2012 05:31 PM

DraftExpress has MKG and Barnes at picks 3 and 4, respectively.

Lamb is a SG in the NBA, he doesn't have the size to play SF.

Terrence Jones, Perry Jones or Quincy Miller seem to be the Raptors' options at this point (if they draft a SF - and the Joneses are SF/PFs in the NBA, which could work well with Bargs at PF), though obviously there's still 2/3rds of a season to play, and the draft lottery, or a trade, could change that projection.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:27 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24