Chad Ford: Raps would likely take Williams if they win the draft - Page 4

Go Back   Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards > NBA Discussion > Toronto Raptors

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2011, 01:07 PM   #61 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 81,358
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fk24 View Post
If Colangelo thinks Jose and Bayless are our future answers at PG then he's smoking off a crack pipe.
Who's saying that's what he thinks?
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 10:38 PM   #62 (permalink)
hopefully we use our draft pick this year, let's not miss out this years Rodney hood

Senior Member
 
rapsmannn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 4,072
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMughal View Post
I think you are seriously underrating Amir. He's only 23 with 7 or 8 years under his belt. He's got a lot of potential with the way he plays and practices, and he'll probably be way better than Haywood will ever be.

If we have to trade Amir(Which I'm against, would much rather trade Bargs for a real center or PG, Amir's just plays way too hard while Bargs is soft), I really want something good coming back. Not a Haywood or a Martin.
I just think Ed Davis can do everything Amir can but better in his first season, regardless of what happens with Bargs if we trade him or not we still need a true Center,

I would rather get a center that can defend the rim instead of Amir,

we have to trade Amir now while his stock is high, if we go into next year with Amir he will lose value just because Ed Davis will eat his minutes

either way wouldn't be surprised to see Amir moved or Bargs this off season you know one is going to get moved for sure to make room for a 10 million dollar Center that we'll eventually trade or sign our right

its just in my opinion to keep the better player so Bargs over Amir is my logic
rapsmannn is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 10:44 PM   #63 (permalink)
and a 1, and a 2, and a 1,2,3,4!

Senior Member
 
pzabby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: toronto
Posts: 7,174
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapsmannn View Post
I just think Ed Davis can do everything Amir can but better in his first season, regardless of what happens with Bargs if we trade him or not we still need a true Center,

I would rather get a center that can defend the rim instead of Amir,

we have to trade Amir now while his stock is high, if we go into next year with Amir he will lose value just because Ed Davis will eat his minutes

either way wouldn't be surprised to see Amir moved or Bargs this off season you know one is going to get moved for sure to make room for a 10 million dollar Center that we'll eventually trade or sign our right

its just in my opinion to keep the better player so Bargs over Amir is my logic
if we do that, then either Bargs will start at centre or pf. option a, same problem as this year. option b davis doesnt get enough burn. imo Bargs is not a part of the future of this franchise. trade him, or package him with the pick, and get someone proven that does fit in. curry has a nice charm when you say it outloud. say it, it feels good. .

btw, im in no way referring to eddy curry
pzabby is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 10:49 PM   #64 (permalink)
raptor jesus

Senior Member
 
Don Vito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 3,939
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pzabby View Post
if we do that, then either Bargs will start at centre or pf. option a, same problem as this year. option b davis doesnt get enough burn. imo Bargs is not a part of the future of this franchise. trade him, or package him with the pick, and get someone proven that does fit in. curry has a nice charm when you say it outloud. say it, it feels good. .

btw, im in no way referring to eddy curry
Davis is starting next season, no doubt about it. I like Amir but Davis is the clear cut starter. Amir would be great off the bench though with the second unit.
Don Vito is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 12:27 AM   #65 (permalink)
and a 1, and a 2, and a 1,2,3,4!

Senior Member
 
pzabby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: toronto
Posts: 7,174
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
Davis is starting next season, no doubt about it. I like Amir but Davis is the clear cut starter. Amir would be great off the bench though with the second unit.
yea, and since it would be a waste of 10 mil dollars to have a sixth man in bargnani, than we really need to trade him

at this stage of development anyways

Last edited by pzabby; 05-02-2011 at 12:38 AM.
pzabby is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 06:58 AM   #66 (permalink)
Kill Casey

FTMFW
 
Shifty.py's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 3,757
Representing:
Default

Checked out our draft probabilities. 3rd pick my ass. We are much more likely to end up with 5th or 4th

Toronto Raptors
probaility of landing pick nr:
1st .156
2nd .157
3rd .156
4th .226
5th .265
6th .040
Shifty.py is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 09:43 AM   #67 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 81,358
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shifty.py View Post
Checked out our draft probabilities. 3rd pick my ass. We are much more likely to end up with 5th or 4th

Toronto Raptors
probaility of landing pick nr:
1st .156
2nd .157
3rd .156
4th .226
5th .265
6th .040
If this was a good draft i could see us dropping, but in a weak draft where even @# 3 you're not guaranteed that much, we'll likely not drop. Raptors luck at work.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 09:49 AM   #68 (permalink)
a Raps fan

Senior Member
 
creative1mm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 1,611
Representing:
Default

What about the year we drafted Bargs.. #1, I think the Raps had 5 worse record in the league..

some times I think the draft is fixed
I see Cleveland getting number 1, Raps getting 2, and Minny getting 3 pick
Timber wolves don't need a pick
creative1mm is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24