Casey or Frank next Raptors coach - Page 4

Go Back   Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards > NBA Discussion > Toronto Raptors

View Poll Results: Who do you want as the next Raptors HC?
Dwane Casey 32 52.46%
Lawrence Frank 29 47.54%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2011, 04:14 PM   #61 (permalink)
...

Senior Member
 
powerfulpanda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,487
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
the laughable part of your argument is when it is assumed that with more touches that Amir and Ed are going to maintain their efficiency levels. It's a faulty assumption and it is fact that Bargnani on the floor created space for other Raptors to score. Believe me or don't.

I'm not saying AB's 21 are amazing, I'm just stating that it isn't easy to find players to average 20+. Hate can blind you.
by saying it isn't good, does not automatically make it bad.
love can blind you too
powerfulpanda is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 04:20 PM   #62 (permalink)
Exalted

Senior Member
 
DDUnreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,347
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fk24 View Post
I actually enjoyed watching the team when Bargnani was out of the lineup.
+1
DDUnreal is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 04:22 PM   #63 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 76,016
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fk24 View Post
I actually enjoyed watching the team when Bargnani was out of the lineup.

+2
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 04:24 PM   #64 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 76,016
Representing:
Default

You know what's funny, on the poll from a week ago about what HC we wanted here Frank got 26 votes to Casey's ZERO votes. lol
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 04:47 PM   #65 (permalink)
is a free agent

Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,879
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
the laughable part of your argument is when it is assumed that with more touches that Amir and Ed are going to maintain their efficiency levels. It's a faulty assumption and it is fact that Bargnani on the floor created space for other Raptors to score. Believe me or don't.

I'm not saying AB's 21 are amazing, I'm just stating that it isn't easy to find players to average 20+. Hate can blind you.
True, true, true.

people here hate Bargs so much, but in fact, if they like it or not, I don't see a lot of available players in his age and size who can put 20+ points, AND willing to come and play here.
I am not saying i am a fan of Bargs, but he does provide more open looks to the players around him.
I think he might get better with a new coach. with Sam it was a trial and error, he tried to bring him of the bench, as a starter and with 3 bigs... I have been a fan of the game from 20 years and I never in my saw a player who plays SF or C, like they tried to put him under Sam.
For front court players, it is always SF/PF or PF/C. If someone can give an example of a player who bounced between SF to a C I will be more than just glad.

Last edited by Tommy C; 06-09-2011 at 04:51 PM.
Tommy C is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 04:51 PM   #66 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 76,016
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy C View Post
True, true, true.

people here hate Bargs so much, but in fact, if they like it or not, I don't see a lot of available players in his age and size who can put 20+ points.
I am not saying i am a fan of Bargs, but he does provide more open looks to the players around him.
I think he might get better with a new coach. with Sam it was a trial and error, he tried to bring him of the bench, as a starter and with 3 bigs... I have been a fan of the game from 20 years and I never in my saw a player who plays SF or C, like they tried to put him under Sam.
For front court players, it is always SF/PF or PF/C. If someone can give an example of a player who bounced between SF to a C I will be more than just glad.
I'd prefer he'd score 13-15ppg and actually rebound and play some D. Besides if he wasn't here scoring 21ppg, Derozan would get 20ppg, our PG's can actually go out and score more and through FA we could get some scoring. It's more difficult to get defensive players then it is to get scorers.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 04:53 PM   #67 (permalink)
rootin for the eagles, boise state, the leafs, raps, and jays

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Halifax
Posts: 5,577
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy C View Post
If you want to improve the team you need to trade Bargs who gives you around 21ppg for 1 or 2 players who can give you roughly the same PPG, idealy more than that, since you look for improvment.
I don't see any FA or up coming trades for Bargs. Even if the rest of the team puts better numbers and better PPG, I don't see who can fill the void.
I am not crazy about Bargs, but it is what it is, and I think he will still be a Raptor next year.
Scores 21 and gives up 41... Makes it irrelevent.
Chiggmo is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 04:54 PM   #68 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 76,016
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiggmo View Post
Scores 21 and gives up 41... Makes it irrelevent.
Even if he gives up 10 it's pretty much irrelevent. It makes him an 11ppg player who takes 18 shots per game who also doesn't rebound..
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 04:55 PM   #69 (permalink)
rootin for the eagles, boise state, the leafs, raps, and jays

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Halifax
Posts: 5,577
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fk24 View Post
I actually enjoyed watching the team when Bargnani was out of the lineup.
+ infinity? Lol
Chiggmo is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 04:57 PM   #70 (permalink)
is a free agent

Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,879
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiggmo View Post
Scores 21 and gives up 41... Makes it irrelevent.
yeah, I am sure that Bargs is the reason why we were 22-60... Maybe you guys wanna blame him for global warming too?
Tommy C is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 05:01 PM   #71 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 76,016
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy C View Post
yeah, I am sure that Bargs is the reason why we were 22-60... Maybe you guys wanna blame him for global warming too?
Nah, just partly to blame for our record, defensive woes and the shortage of Primo Pasta in the GTA.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 05:06 PM   #72 (permalink)
...

Senior Member
 
powerfulpanda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,487
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy C View Post
yeah, I am sure that Bargs is the reason why we were 22-60... Maybe you guys wanna blame him for global warming too?
when Bargs is ur best player, thats what you get.
but thats the catch 22 i've been saying for a while now....when Bargs is a teams best player, the teams going nowhere. but when you make him the 2nd or 3rd option he's gonna play horrible. because he's the type of player that needs to be the focal point to have any kind of impact on the game.
not good enuff to be the number 1 option, a hinderance if he isn't. its time to ship his ass out and let SOMEONE ELSE figure out what the hell to do with him
powerfulpanda is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 05:15 PM   #73 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 76,016
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerfulpanda View Post
when Bargs is ur best player, thats what you get.
but thats the catch 22 i've been saying for a while now....when Bargs is a teams best player, the teams going nowhere. but when you make him the 2nd or 3rd option he's gonna play horrible. because he's the type of player that needs to be the focal point to have any kind of impact on the game.
not good enuff to be the number 1 option, a hinderance if he isn't. its time to ship his ass out and let SOMEONE ELSE figure out what the hell to do with him
Pretty much. Diminished role on offense, yet still poor defensively. Put it this way, if we can aquire a good offensive player either at the 1 or 3 he would then start becoming the 3rd option behind that said player and Derozan who should be #1 or #2. So far less shots, therefor much less offense and costing us points in our end. None of that is good.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 05:56 PM   #74 (permalink)
rootin for the eagles, boise state, the leafs, raps, and jays

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Halifax
Posts: 5,577
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy C View Post
yeah, I am sure that Bargs is the reason why we were 22-60... Maybe you guys wanna blame him for global warming too?
Considering all the pasta he makes and the causes of global warming from that, yes hes partly to blame for global warming too.
Chiggmo is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 06:58 PM   #75 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 222
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Nah, just partly to blame for our record, defensive woes and the shortage of Primo Pasta in the GTA.
He was the reason we won alot of our games and our team barely won at the end of the year when he wasn't in the lineup. We also showed that we couldn't play defence even without bargs. Its not fair to blame all of that on bargs. We went 19-47 with him in the lineup which means we went 3-13 without him. much worse if you ask me.

Last edited by kishan13; 06-09-2011 at 07:00 PM.
kishan13 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 07:29 PM   #76 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 76,016
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kishan13 View Post
He was the reason we won alot of our games and our team barely won at the end of the year when he wasn't in the lineup. We also showed that we couldn't play defence even without bargs. Its not fair to blame all of that on bargs. We went 19-47 with him in the lineup which means we went 3-13 without him. much worse if you ask me.
Add an upgrade at PG and replace Bargs with a defensive Center who doesn't need the ball but can rebound, we'll be better then 22 wins.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 07:36 PM   #77 (permalink)
contemplating

The Killing Joke

 
Claudius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Burkina Faso, Disputed Zone
Posts: 10,030
Representing:
Send a message via MSN to Claudius
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Add an upgrade at PG and replace Bargs with a defensive Center who doesn't need the ball but can rebound, we'll be better then 22 wins.
Yeah, maybe 25-26.......
Claudius is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 07:43 PM   #78 (permalink)
rootin for the eagles, boise state, the leafs, raps, and jays

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Halifax
Posts: 5,577
Representing:
Default

I know I actually somewhat took part in it this time but I still have to say it...

OH YAY ANOTHER Bargs ARGUMENT! Fuck people get over it.. Some like him some don't. I don't understand how none of you get tired of the redundancy.
Chiggmo is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 08:49 PM   #79 (permalink)
is waiting for the season to start

Senior Member
 
Ex2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 4,238
Representing:
Default

can someone find the stat

this past season

what our record was with Bargs in the lineup and out?
Ex2k is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 08:51 PM   #80 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 76,016
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex2k View Post
can someone find the stat

this past season

what our record was with Bargs in the lineup and out?

Apparently....

Quote:
Originally Posted by kishan13 View Post
He was the reason we won alot of our games and our team barely won at the end of the year when he wasn't in the lineup. We also showed that we couldn't play defence even without bargs. Its not fair to blame all of that on bargs. We went 19-47 with him in the lineup which means we went 3-13 without him. much worse if you ask me
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:36 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24