Casey or Frank next Raptors coach - Page 3

Go Back   Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards > NBA Discussion > Toronto Raptors

View Poll Results: Who do you want as the next Raptors HC?
Dwane Casey 32 52.46%
Lawrence Frank 29 47.54%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2011, 01:34 PM   #41 (permalink)
is a free agent

Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,847
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
He's not a miracle worker. Lol
He is not. But it's not a secret that we need Bargs as a scorer. Without his 21ppg this season our offense would have been even worst.
Tommy C is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 01:47 PM   #42 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummond so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 74,824
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy C View Post
He is not. But it's not a secret that we need Bargs as a scorer. Without his 21ppg this season our offense would have been even worst.
His offense is negated by his defense. I don't think his offense is that important to me because if we're ever gonna be a good team he needs to be a 3rd option so how important is that if he can't play defense. Plus I don't want this team to be dependant on him for anything.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 01:50 PM   #43 (permalink)
the anti BC lol

Senior Member
 
leftcoastbballfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 526
Representing:
Default

If the plan was to hire two losers with losing records why didnt we keep Jay for another season and see what comes available after the next season?. If those two are truly our only coaching candidates i sure the hell wished they would have turfed Colangelo. Get ready Raptors fan its gonna be another two years of ineptitude and more bullshit spewing out of BC's mouth....i sure wish there was another Canadian team to cheer for!
leftcoastbballfan is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 01:54 PM   #44 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummond so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 74,824
Representing:
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftcoastbballfan View Post
If the plan was to hire two losers with losing records why didnt we keep Jay for another season and see what comes available after the next season?. If those two are truly our only coaching candidates i sure the hell wished they would have turfed Colangelo. Get ready Raptors fan its gonna be another two years of ineptitude and more bullshit spewing out of BC's mouth....i sure wish there was another Canadian team to cheer for!
So you're only cheering for this team because they're based in Canada? Good lord!
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 02:01 PM   #45 (permalink)
the anti BC lol

Senior Member
 
leftcoastbballfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 526
Representing:
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
So you're only cheering for this team because they're based in Canada? Good lord!
Partially yes.....i get the best game coverage of the Raps in Vancouver and i am a Triano fan ....wanted to see him succeed. I liked what Grunwald did with the team early on and it was fun having two teams in Canada.

Now with all the BC bullshit and his inability to put a consistent winner on the floor it makes it tough to want to root for the Raps from this far away. Maybe i should check out the Trailblazers forum? Im sure there would have to be a clone of you Jeff that posts 275 posts a day and makes dumb ass comments on peoples post constantly when their opinions differ from yours!
leftcoastbballfan is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 02:15 PM   #46 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,287
Representing:
Default

I felt Triano still got ample oppurtunity to do something. However we were still the wost team defensively. The defensive schemes were terrible.

When you combine that with bad defensive players, stuff like this happens.
fk24 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 02:15 PM   #47 (permalink)
Waiting for DD's 1st in game wind mill Dunk

Senior Member

 
halphbreedballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: T.O.
Posts: 4,786
Representing:
Default

I'd go for Casey, Frank is just way too annoying!!!
halphbreedballer is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 02:18 PM   #48 (permalink)
...

Senior Member
 
powerfulpanda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,487
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
So you're only cheering for this team because they're based in Canada? Good lord!
yes and that should be the top reason for canadians that are NBA fans.
what i HATE and don't understand are people who live here in canada or elsewhere and say they're laker fans or whatever fans. like really? what is ur connection with the city of los angeles or what is ur connection with lakers players or anything lakers related for you to call urself a laker fan? or u just like them because they're good and have ALWAYS been good.
living in canada we get Raptors games on TV and then we get the nationally televised games in the US and other big games here and there. so naturally you become a fan of the Raptors because they're shown on TV the most and the reason, because they're canadian and we live in canada. how the hell do u call urself a laker fan if u watch 10 laker games a year and then root for them in the playoffs? that kinda shit just pisses me off.
powerfulpanda is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 02:26 PM   #49 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummond so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 74,824
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerfulpanda View Post
yes and that should be the top reason for canadians that are NBA fans.
what i HATE and don't understand are people who live here in canada or elsewhere and say they're laker fans or whatever fans. like really? what is ur connection with the city of los angeles or what is ur connection with lakers players or anything lakers related for you to call urself a laker fan? or u just like them because they're good and have ALWAYS been good.
living in canada we get Raptors games on TV and then we get the nationally televised games in the US and other big games here and there. so naturally you become a fan of the Raptors because they're shown on TV the most and the reason, because they're canadian and we live in canada. how the hell do u call urself a laker fan if u watch 10 laker games a year and then root for them in the playoffs? that kinda shit just pisses me off.

If they're 16 and saying they're a Laker fan the yeah I agree. But what if someone grew up watching the Lakers or Celtics and was a fan of one of those teams way before there was a team in Canada?
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 02:44 PM   #50 (permalink)
...

Senior Member
 
powerfulpanda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,487
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
If they're 16 and saying they're a Laker fan the yeah I agree. But what if someone grew up watching the Lakers or Celtics and was a fan of one of those teams way before there was a team in Canada?
i would ask why? when they were first getting into the NBA and were choosing a favorite team what made them choose lakers or celtics? what was the connection? if it was because most of their regular season games were broadcasted in canada then thats a legit reason. but people in vancouver would have gotten seattle games and toronto detroit games i'm assuming?
also, once a canadian city gets a team, that team should become the favorite team right away.
i live in vancouver and im' a Raptors fan because theres the canadian connection. we get all the games on TV. IF vancouver gets a team, it automatically becomes my favorite team and Raptors second.
powerfulpanda is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 02:56 PM   #51 (permalink)
Mean Muggin with his son

Swollen Member
 
b55bgc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: The Rock AKA Newfoundland
Posts: 1,400
Representing:
Default

My wish list for next year is simply a coach that preaches defense and acts on it, and an upgrade at the point and centre. Is that too much to ask for.
b55bgc is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 03:03 PM   #52 (permalink)
rootin for the eagles, boise state, the leafs, raps, and jays

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Halifax
Posts: 5,576
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy C View Post
He is not. But it's not a secret that we need Bargs as a scorer. Without his 21ppg this season our offense would have been even worst.
We did alright when he was hurt... We don't need him at all.
Chiggmo is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 03:19 PM   #53 (permalink)
is a free agent

Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,847
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiggmo View Post
We did alright when he was hurt... We don't need him at all.
If you want to improve the team you need to trade Bargs who gives you around 21ppg for 1 or 2 players who can give you roughly the same PPG, idealy more than that, since you look for improvment.
I don't see any FA or up coming trades for Bargs. Even if the rest of the team puts better numbers and better PPG, I don't see who can fill the void.
I am not crazy about Bargs, but it is what it is, and I think he will still be a Raptor next year.
Tommy C is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 03:27 PM   #54 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummond so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 74,824
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy C View Post
If you want to improve the team you need to trade Bargs who gives you around 21ppg for 1 or 2 players who can give you roughly the same PPG, idealy more than that, since you look for improvment.
I don't see any FA or up coming trades for Bargs. Even if the rest of the team puts better numbers and better PPG, I don't see who can fill the void.
I am not crazy about Bargs, but it is what it is, and I think he will still be a Raptor next year.

Sorry but Bargnani is less important on offense then you think, and i'm tired of having a 7 footer jacking up 18 shots per game and playing like a pylon on the defensive end.

Last edited by jeffb; 06-09-2011 at 03:30 PM.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 03:33 PM   #55 (permalink)
...

Senior Member
 
powerfulpanda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,487
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy C View Post
If you want to improve the team you need to trade Bargs who gives you around 21ppg for 1 or 2 players who can give you roughly the same PPG, idealy more than that, since you look for improvment.
I don't see any FA or up coming trades for Bargs. Even if the rest of the team puts better numbers and better PPG, I don't see who can fill the void.
I am not crazy about Bargs, but it is what it is, and I think he will still be a Raptor next year.
seriously....people need to stop bringing up Bargs 21 ppg as if its a good thing
powerfulpanda is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 03:35 PM   #56 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummond so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 74,824
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerfulpanda View Post
seriously....people need to stop bringing up Bargs 21 ppg as if its a good thing



Or important.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 03:49 PM   #57 (permalink)
Mean Muggin with his son

Swollen Member
 
b55bgc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: The Rock AKA Newfoundland
Posts: 1,400
Representing:
Default

I was always a fan of bargs. He does have a place on a team. Possibly as a PF or SG position. But not as a centre. Is it a Liability at that position.
We dont need another PF so I say get rid of his ass.
The xperiment is over. Time to take the data, and make a decision.
b55bgc is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 03:58 PM   #58 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,784
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerfulpanda View Post
seriously....people need to stop bringing up Bargs 21 ppg as if its a good thing
I agree. Bargnani put up 18 shots per game. Ed Davis and Derozan should get more touches next season, plus if you draft Kemba or Knight, they should be putting up more shots too. Also, the free agent acquistion that Raptors will be obtaining with the free cap space. There comes a point when Bargnani is not part of the future, its time for other players to develop and obtain a greater responsibilty in the offence.
RAPMAN is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 04:05 PM   #59 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,494
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerfulpanda View Post
seriously....people need to stop bringing up Bargs 21 ppg as if its a good thing
the laughable part of your argument is when it is assumed that with more touches that Amir and Ed are going to maintain their efficiency levels. It's a faulty assumption and it is fact that Bargnani on the floor created space for other Raptors to score. Believe me or don't.

I'm not saying AB's 21 are amazing, I'm just stating that it isn't easy to find players to average 20+. Hate can blind you.
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 04:08 PM   #60 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,287
Representing:
Default

I actually enjoyed watching the team when Bargnani was out of the lineup.
fk24 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24