Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards

Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/)
-   Toronto Raptors (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/)
-   -   Casey: "Building is out the window next season" (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/casey-building-out-window-next-season-22805.html)

jeffb 04-25-2012 08:58 PM

Casey: "Building is out the window next season"
 
:reporter:


Quote:

@WolstatSun
Casey said goal next year is the playoffs. "Building is out the window. A lot of the mistakes we lived through this year can’t be tolerated"

Quote:

@WolstatSun
Casey said all Raptor veterans will be invited to Summer League to hang out with young guys. Said Ed Davis will be No. 1 option of SL team

^^ :yeah:

carp 04-25-2012 09:02 PM

either ed or amir will be traded this offseason.... book it! Finally no more tank nation

jeffb 04-25-2012 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carp (Post 638669)
either ed or amir will be traded this offseason.... book it! Finally no more tank nation

I'm thinking Amir at this point. He makes more and really Ed if he can add size is the better player long term imo.

Someguy again 04-25-2012 09:08 PM

Quote:

@WolstatSun
Casey said all Raptor veterans will be invited to Summer League to hang out with young guys. Said Anthony Davis will be No. 1 option of SL team
:headbang:

Beans 04-25-2012 09:20 PM

Quote:

A lot of the mistakes we lived through this year can’t be tolerated
** James Johnson looks around nervously **

jeffb 04-25-2012 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beans (Post 638678)
** James Johnson looks around nervously **

he was one of our more consistent player.

pzabby 04-25-2012 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffb (Post 638680)
he was one of our more consistent player.

consistently making mistakes :police:

box92 04-25-2012 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Someguy again (Post 638672)
:headbang:

HAHAHHA :yeah:

rapsmannn 04-27-2012 03:56 AM

damn ed davis has to play summer league 3 years in

to me that says two things, where tradign our pick and jonas isn't playing summer leage

jeffb 04-27-2012 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rapsmannn (Post 639153)
damn ed davis has to play summer league 3 years in

to me that says two things, where tradign our pick and jonas isn't playing summer leage


I don't think people realize Davis has yet to have a full training camp didn't play summer league last year, wasn't able to work with trainers/coaching staff last summer at all obviously and has only played 1.5 year worth of games. He needs further development and needs to actually work with our team trainers and coaches this summer.More than anyone on this team the lockout fucked up his momentum after a pretty good rookie season.

ollyaaa 04-27-2012 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffb (Post 639169)
I don't think people realize Davis has yet to have a full training camp didn't play summer league last year, wasn't able to work with trainers/coaching staff last summer at all obviously and has only played 1.5 year worth of games. He needs further development and needs to actually work with our team trainers and coaches this summer.More than anyone on this team the lockout fucked up his momentum after a pretty good rookie season.

Jeff, are you Ed Davis?

jeffb 04-27-2012 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ollyaaa (Post 639179)
Jeff, are you Ed Davis?


Ha, you again? Yes.....yes I am Ed Davis. :finger:

Admiral 04-27-2012 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rapsmannn (Post 639153)
damn ed davis has to play summer league 3 years in

to me that says two things, where tradign our pick and jonas isn't playing summer leage

he will play summer league because it gives him a chance to work on things against "weaker" opponents and a chance for him to be the go to guy consistently, everyone needs extended minutes as the guy in order to experiment with his skill set, its pretty hard to do it in real games when there are guys like bargnani and demar who have the majority of the shots
and even if jonas is playing summer league he is still raw and shouldn't be the go to guy, his role right now should be to defend and rebound, he should not be getting the ball in set plays consistently, ed davis needs to get this opportunity

bltman 04-27-2012 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rapsmannn (Post 639153)
damn ed davis has to play summer league 3 years in

to me that says two things, where tradign our pick and jonas isn't playing summer leage

Jonas will be with national team for the Olympics.

xplode 04-27-2012 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bltman (Post 639198)
Jonas will be with national team for the Olympics.

Olympic qualifier in Venezuela...if they can pass that he will be on the Olympics else if the didn't quality he will be in the summer league

Alex 04-27-2012 03:45 PM

Good to hear. I really hope FA something big happens.

LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! 04-27-2012 05:29 PM

Honestly, the only reason ED is still on the team is as the replacement for Bargs. ED will obviously be a better player than Amir. However, Amir is a better fit on this team. Amir will do as he's told and start at either PF or C if needed or come off the bench as PF or C if needed. ED isn't a PF. Don't get me wrong, I love ED but considering the fact that Casey could've played him a lot more when Bargs was out is a telling sign. Amir's contract and lack of future potential is exactly the reason why ED is more likely to be traded.

Dario 04-27-2012 06:02 PM

Always liked amir, adn always will, hard working guy with alot of athleticism.

Don Vito 04-27-2012 06:08 PM

Is JV playing in summer league?

jeffb 04-27-2012 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don Vito (Post 639417)
Is JV playing in summer league?

if lithuania qualifies for the olympics, no. if they don't, yes.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:23 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24