Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards

Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/)
-   Toronto Raptors (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/)
-   -   Casey: Bargnani is the hub (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/casey-bargnani-hub-24183.html)

carp 12-05-2012 12:24 PM

Casey: Bargnani is the hub
 
Quote:

“We are going to go the way Andrea goes offensively,” Casey said. “[With Bargnani,] we are a different team. We spread the floor. The floor is spaced. DeMar has more space to operate. [Bargnani] is the hub, the core. He is the guy everything kind of revolves around. If he is active engaged and productive, not only at the offensive end, but on the defensive end, we are a different team.”

Bargnani has put together some very good offensive and defensive games this season, but rarely at the same time and not often enough to help pull out a few more much needed wins. Unfortunately for Bargnani’s detractors, Casey is right. On most nights, this team just doesn’t have enough offensive talent to close the deal without a good game from Bargnani.

There are signs Bargnani is finding his shooting stroke again and he has played well offensively in five of the past seven games. Also, Lowry may still be experiencing some pain, but in his last two games, it didn’t affect his production. Plus, Colangelo recently signed veteran free agent Mickael Pietrus to help stop the bleeding at the small forward position. The remaining four games on this road trip will provide a test of whether the Raptors are starting to get back on track.

“Anytime you lose a lot of games, you seem to be a little bit down, but it is a long season,” Pietrus said. “Teams are going to lose games and teams are going to win some and hopefully we are going to win more than we lose. We are very young. We have to bring a lot of energy and make things happen. We are too young to be thinking about basketball loses.”

When the Raptors return to the Air Canada Center on December 12, they will have 60 games remaining in their season and they can’t afford to be 4-18. A 0-5 road trip would make that four-and-a-half foot deep hole Lowry describes pretty close to six feet deep. The season may not be over for Toronto yet and maybe Colangelo could pull off the miracle trade that would overcome a continuing slide, but more likely Bargnani’s analysis is correct. No one is coming to help them. To keep their season hopes alive, they just have to win.
http://www.hoopsworld.com/is-the-tor...-already-over/

Time for Colangelo to add to this. If he believes in Lowry, move Jose, Amir and Landry and get some SF help. Casey knows the pieces he needs, time to give him a bit more help though.

jeffb 12-05-2012 12:40 PM

Quote:

"We are going to go the way Andrea goes offensively"

We're doomed
:blowup:

Bargn88 12-05-2012 12:44 PM

Quote:

“We are going to go the way Andrea goes offensively,” Casey said. “[With Bargnani,] we are a different team. We spread the floor. The floor is spaced. DeMar has more space to operate. [Bargnani] is the hub, the core. He is the guy everything kind of revolves around. If he is active engaged and productive, not only at the offensive end, but on the defensive end, we are a different team.”
Very true

ZanTheMan 12-05-2012 12:45 PM

I read "scrub"...

carp 12-05-2012 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZanTheMan (Post 714605)
I read "scrub"...

Don't say that just because Kleiza wants Bargnani's spot!

jeffb 12-05-2012 12:47 PM

We can't trade this guy fast enough.

pzabby 12-05-2012 12:50 PM

I'll say it now, if we trade bargnani for someone not in all star caliber range ala rudy gay or deng, this team will be worse off. you can quote me on this. we WILL be worse off. fuck.


plays well on offence, picked up his defence that everyone was nagging about, and now y'all still want him gone? fickle

Bargn88 12-05-2012 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pzabby (Post 714609)
I'll say it now, if we trade bargnani for someone not in all star caliber range ala rudy gay or deng, this team will be worse off. you can quote me on this. we WILL be worse off. fuck.


plays well on offence, picked up his defence that everyone was nagging about, and now y'all still want him gone? fickle

Losses bring out the worst in people!!

If the Raptors win, JeffB is a saint!

jeffb 12-05-2012 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pzabby (Post 714609)
I'll say it now, if we trade bargnani for someone not in all star caliber range ala rudy gay or deng, this team will be worse off. you can quote me on this. we WILL be worse off. fuck.


plays well on offence, picked up his defence that everyone was nagging about, and now y'all still want him gone? fickle

I'm not the least bit fickle when it comes to him. I've been consistent about him for about 3yrs now. He needs to go.

carp 12-05-2012 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffb (Post 714611)
I'm not the least bit fickle when it comes to him. I've been consistent about him for about 3yrs now. He needs to go.

you must be a leaf fan, any reason to rant.

jeffb 12-05-2012 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carp (Post 714612)
you must be a leaf fan, any reason to rant.

fans of bad teams rant. deal

carp 12-05-2012 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffb (Post 714613)
fans of bad teams rant. deal

Go back to YO MAMMA, deal. Bargnani makes it easier for DD, it's fact.

jeffb 12-05-2012 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carp (Post 714614)
Go back to YO MAMMA, deal. Bargnani makes it easier for DD, it's fact.

Really? I see Derozan going 1 on 2 and taking fadeaways left, right and center. Yeah, the fadeaways are the easiest shots. :rolleyes:

LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! 12-05-2012 01:03 PM

casey or bc say something positive about bargs and the 3 usual suspects are ready to post

carp 12-05-2012 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffb (Post 714616)
Really? I see Derozan going 1 on 2 and taking fadeaways left, right and center. Yeah, the fadeaways are the easiest shots. :rolleyes:

that's an indictment on his own skill.

Bargn88 12-05-2012 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffb (Post 714616)
Really? I see Derozan going 1 on 2 and taking fadeaways left, right and center. Yeah, the fadeaways are the easiest shots. :rolleyes:

A lot of Derozan's production has been near the basket, and at the freethrow line. Thank god he only has to do deal with one defender.

carp 12-05-2012 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! (Post 714619)
casey or bc say something positive about bargs and the 3 usual suspects are ready to post

You and Jeff are only two!

Somebody says trade Bargnani and the bitching commences!!!

:cookie:

Why must some dwell in hate and negativity, why can't we cheer our team? It's gross. Go Raps.

jeffb 12-05-2012 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bargn88 (Post 714622)
A lot of Derozan's production has been near the basket, and at the freethrow line. Thank god he only has to do deal with one defender.

He does? I'm constantly seeing him go against two players once he starts posting up and usually then holds on to the ball too long and takes a fadeaway. Most of what he does doesn't seem to look easy.

Shadowfax 12-05-2012 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carp (Post 714623)
Why must some dwell in hate and negativity, why can't we cheer our team? It's gross. Go Raps.

This isn't a team...it's a clusterfuck

Go Clusterfuck Go....Go Clusterfuck Go

carp 12-05-2012 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadowfax (Post 714630)
This isn't a team...it's a clusterfuck

Go Clusterfuck Go....Go Clusterfuck Go

:yeah:

Funny shit.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:11 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24