Casey: Bargnani is the hub - Page 3
Old 12-05-2012, 01:37 PM   #41 (permalink)
Is playing the dude disguised as another dude

Senior Member
 
Shadowfax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: 5th Dimension
Posts: 9,839
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post


Funny shit.
Shadowfax is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:39 PM   #42 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,492
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by @BaileysBlitz View Post
I think the idea of removing him from the roster isn't about hate or placing blame but rather a change in philosophy on offense thinking that you can build around a passive 7 foot center who predominantly functions from the perimeter. If there was a way of reducing his role without decresing his value then do it but as of right now,aside from making him a 6th man(which most people are against) I don't see how they can do that. This leaves trading him as the best option in my opinion. Even if you get a decent SF to fill that gap,this team is a 1st round playoff team at best. Pro basketball teams need their big men,PF's to rebound and play aggressive positional & help defense(in addition to whatever bonuses they bring),Bargnani lacks this on a consistent basis.
I can appreciate this, but I think the thought that we've built this team around Bargnani solely is wrong. He's one of many, he's slotted in as a third player.... I think we overplayed our hand in other areas.... We overvalued our young players like Ed, Amir, DD, Kleiza and they've all failed to live up to expectations so far. We keep hearing how we're young and improving, but we're not improving that much.
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:42 PM   #43 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 73,297
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
that fat fuck PG
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:43 PM   #44 (permalink)
FLO
sick of the Raptors Axis of Evil: Colangelo, Casey and Bustnani

Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 970
Representing:
Default

Seeing comments like this are proof we're just a bad franchise with no desire to get better.

The 12 PER PF who grabs 4.5 rebounds a game and shoots 40% is our central building block that everything revolves around. How can anyone who really cares about the Raptors support this? Looking at it objectively, how can you support it?

Last edited by FLO; 12-05-2012 at 01:45 PM.
FLO is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:44 PM   #45 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
MBailey85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Toronto,Ontario
Posts: 2,377
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
I can appreciate this, but I think the thought that we've built this team around Bargnani solely is wrong. He's one of many, he's slotted in as a third player.... I think we overplayed our hand in other areas.... We overvalued our young players like Ed, Amir, DD, Kleiza and they've all failed to live up to expectations so far. We keep hearing how we're young and improving, but we're not improving that much.
True,at 20 Valanciunas is the only definite keeper but even then its too early to claim he's a player that the Raptors can build around. Personally,the main reason why I suggest AB as the first player dominoe to fall because I think its the hardest to win a championship based around a player of his make up and skillset. Arguably,its only been done once (Dirk). If you throw him on the Lakers now,they may become favorites to advance to the Finals out of the West.

Last edited by MBailey85; 12-05-2012 at 01:50 PM.
MBailey85 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:50 PM   #46 (permalink)
Embracing the departure of all the trolls

Senior Member
 
Bargn88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,795
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLO View Post
Seeing comments like this are proof we're just a bad franchise with no desire to get better.

The 12 PER PF who grabs 4.5 rebounds a game and shoots 40% is our central building block that everything revolves around. How can anyone who really cares about the Raptors support this? Looking at it objectively, how can you support it?
Bargn88 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:52 PM   #47 (permalink)
FLO
sick of the Raptors Axis of Evil: Colangelo, Casey and Bustnani

Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 970
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bargn88 View Post
I take it you, per usual, have nothing intelligent to add.
FLO is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:57 PM   #48 (permalink)
a baller

Senior Member
 
bjjs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 7,102
Representing:
Default

He's been the hub far to long; let's replace the hub.
bjjs is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:58 PM   #49 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 73,297
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjjs View Post
He's been the hub far to long; let's replace the hub.


/thread
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:59 PM   #50 (permalink)
counting sheeps

Member
 
Tomas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 319
Representing:
Default

How come this forum doesn't have any moderators? Why do we have to go through Bargn88 and Carp's spam?

Seriously, this Bargnani asslicking is overboard even for hardcore fans. Imo he can't play bball, your opinion is different, we all know it, no need to worship him in zillion posts, he won't become better player of this, neither you will convince anyone else that he doesn't suck.
Tomas is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:59 PM   #51 (permalink)
We going to the 'ship!

Senior Member

 
Ball Don't Lie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 10,707
Representing:
Default

This article made me throw up in my mouth a little bit. We're such a sad franchise having to rely on this sloth. Bargnani doesnt even like basketball.
Ball Don't Lie is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 02:05 PM   #52 (permalink)
Exalted

Senior Member
 
DDUnreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,332
Representing:
Default

Bargnani, the best lottery hub in the league.
DDUnreal is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 02:05 PM   #53 (permalink)
LX
present minded

In the Paint


 
LX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 27,681
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thriller92 View Post
This article made me throw up in my mouth a little bit. We're such a sad franchise having to rely on this sloth. Bargnani doesnt even like basketball.
You're missing the point. He doesn't have to like playing basketball. He spreads the floor. He spreads the floor dammit. The floor. He spreads it.

7 years of watching Bargnani. How and why did this happen to me?
LX is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 02:10 PM   #54 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,492
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomas View Post
How come this forum doesn't have any moderators? Why do we have to go through Bargn88 and Carp's spam?

Seriously, this Bargnani asslicking is overboard even for hardcore fans. Imo he can't play bball, your opinion is different, we all know it, no need to worship him in zillion posts, he won't become better player of this, neither you will convince anyone else that he doesn't suck.
Seriously.... can't agree more but for some reason you love it. Bring on the mods!
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 02:40 PM   #55 (permalink)
Embracing the departure of all the trolls

Senior Member
 
Bargn88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,795
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLO View Post
I take it you, per usual, have nothing intelligent to add.
What else could I possibly add that I haven't right? Watch the games and hope we win, and Bargnani contributes to the Win.

No point in bitching and complaining, that won't change anything. Bryan Colangelo isn't sitting by his laptop reading our complaints.

If he gets traded, he gets traded, until then I will support him as much as I can, because he's a player on this team.

My main point that I have reiterated over and over is that there are more important concerns than Bargnani.

-No legit SF ( We waived our starter, and signed a guy who no other team wanted)
-Very little resistance on defence (after a year where our defence improved drastically)
-No offensive Flow, lots of hero ball
-A coach with very poor rotations
-A weak bench, which makes the rotations worse

All these issues are ahead of Bargnani, the fact is because Bargnani has been here for so long and is the so called "focal point" he becomes the scapegoat.
Bargn88 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 02:48 PM   #56 (permalink)
alive outside

Member
 
zapffe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 284
Representing:
Default

I remember outstanding defensive and rebounding effort by Bargnani last year under Casey. That was one of the things Casey convinced me about his coaching. If he can do that again, Barg is invaluable. But now we have a "real Casey tied up somewhere" conspiracy. I swear he's not the same guy; he's been cloned and replaced.
zapffe is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 02:50 PM   #57 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 73,297
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bargn88 View Post

All these issues are ahead of Bargnani, the fact is because Bargnani has been here for so long and is the so called "focal point" he becomes the scapegoat.
Seriously, you can't honestly look at his deficiencies and not think that he's part of the problems on this team The man has never been consistent in his career. The one thing he's good at is scoring and even that has become inconsistent.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 02:53 PM   #58 (permalink)
Embracing the departure of all the trolls

Senior Member
 
Bargn88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,795
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Seriously, you can't honestly look at his deficiencies and not think that he's part of the problems on this team The man has never been consistent in his career. The one thing he's good at is scoring and even that has become inconsistent.
Oh I agree, he's part of the problem, he's been very inconsistent this year, one game he looks like last year, the next he go's 2/19, the next he plays well, the next he puts up 4 points, then he plays well etc...

If he had been consistent I'm sure we would have a couple more wins, but all I'm saying is that "I believe" there are more pressing issues with this team, gaping holes that need to dealt with first.

Also I agree with the previous poster, Casey does not look like the same coach from last year.
Bargn88 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:17 PM   #59 (permalink)
Embracing the departure of all the trolls

Senior Member
 
Bargn88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,795
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zapffe View Post
I remember outstanding defensive and rebounding effort by Bargnani last year under Casey. That was one of the things Casey convinced me about his coaching. If he can do that again, Barg is invaluable. But now we have a "real Casey tied up somewhere" conspiracy. I swear he's not the same guy; he's been cloned and replaced.
These are for you man (credit turbozone)








Last edited by Bargn88; 12-05-2012 at 03:19 PM.
Bargn88 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:39 PM   #60 (permalink)
La Decima!!!!!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 7,223
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
As for my posting style, I acknowledge my abrasive charm, it's why the ladies love me, the girls adore me, I mean even the ones that don't even know me like me.... I prefer sarcasm to hatred, laughter to complaining, reason to piggybacking, love to resentment.... I love you man, I really do! You had me at -1. Shut up, just shut up! You repeat me. Show me the money. My word is stronger than oak.
You are an interesting individual.
LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:11 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24