The case for Rudy Gay... - Page 3
Old 07-09-2012, 02:47 PM   #41 (permalink)
La Decima!!!!!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 7,223
Representing:
Default

who wouldn't include DD in a deal to get Iggy or Gay? BC unfortunately
LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 02:50 PM   #42 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummond so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 74,037
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! View Post
who wouldn't include DD in a deal to get Iggy or Gay? BC unfortunately

You know this as fact?
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 03:19 PM   #43 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Membres supérieurs
 
DocHoliday99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Southern Alberta
Posts: 4,780
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! View Post
who wouldn't include DD in a deal to get Iggy or Gay? BC unfortunately
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
You know this as fact?
Makes more sense to trade Ross/JJ in a package, DD should stay though I wouldn't let DD be an obstacle to either Gay or AI
DocHoliday99 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 03:20 PM   #44 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Superjudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 17,592
Representing:
Default

Just about everything I read and see has Ross the better player when compared to DD... just saying
Superjudge is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 03:21 PM   #45 (permalink)
LOG
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
LOG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Toronto
Posts: 8,469
Representing:
Default

I would be pissed if we trade Ross before even seeing what he can do!
LOG is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 03:24 PM   #46 (permalink)
La Decima!!!!!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 7,223
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post
Just about everything I read and see has Ross the better player when compared to DD... just saying
Agreed. Also, DD still looks just so raw
LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 03:34 PM   #47 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Superjudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 17,592
Representing:
Default

don't get me wrong man, I like DD, I am rooting for him, I truly hope he has become over this offseason, the guy he started off being last season...if not..well he's tradable then.
Superjudge is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 03:44 PM   #48 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,493
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post
Just about everything I read and see has Ross the better player when compared to DD... just saying
agreed.... ballhandling and shooting are just not looking like DD's forte.
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 04:05 PM   #49 (permalink)
La Decima!!!!!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 7,223
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
ballhandling and shooting are just not looking like DD's forte.
What is?
LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 04:42 PM   #50 (permalink)
Masai Ujiri

Senior Member
 
Kirby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 6,778
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHoliday99 View Post
Makes more sense to trade Ross/JJ in a package, DD should stay though I wouldn't let DD be an obstacle to either Gay or AI
what makes more sense about it? the fact that his contract is expiring and we're gonna need to make a heft offer to keep him when he hasn't shown much or is it the fact that Ross already looks like a better player than DeRozan?
Kirby is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 04:42 PM   #51 (permalink)
Masai Ujiri

Senior Member
 
Kirby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 6,778
Representing:
Default

I would trade DD in a package for Iggy for sure, barring an extension.
Kirby is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 04:52 PM   #52 (permalink)
La Decima!!!!!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 7,223
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
the fact that Ross already looks like a better player than DeRozan
This
LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 05:10 PM   #53 (permalink)
If I ruled the world...

Sippin' On Myself
 
KoolAid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Yes
Posts: 3,624
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! View Post
This
+1
KoolAid is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 05:20 PM   #54 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummond so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 74,037
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post
Just about everything I read and see has Ross the better player when compared to DD... just saying
Good to know, wonder why even he was shocked to go so high. We've not seen him play an NBA game yet. Can we cool our jets on this kid. If he's better than Derozan, giddy up........trade Derozan.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 05:29 PM   #55 (permalink)
I believe in Masai!

giant steps

 
'trane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,596
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Good to know, wonder why even he was shocked to go so high. We've not seen him play an NBA game yet. Can we cool our jets on this kid. If he's better than Derozan, giddy up........trade Derozan.
hellz ya. dunno how anyone thinks a guy who has never played in the nba is better than one that has. it may very well be the case, but i'd have to see him play against pros before i was sure enough to trade a 17ppg guy.
'trane is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 05:37 PM   #56 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummond so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 74,037
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
what makes more sense about it? the fact that his contract is expiring and we're gonna need to make a heft offer to keep him when he hasn't shown much or is it the fact that Ross already looks like a better player than DeRozan?
Looks better? Based on what exactly? College? If I'm not mistaken, Derozan was better in college than Ross was?
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 06:17 PM   #57 (permalink)
LOG
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
LOG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Toronto
Posts: 8,469
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Looks better? Based on what exactly? College? If I'm not mistaken, Derozan was better in college than Ross was?
He is better shooter than DD, rebounder, better defender and has better handles. Derozan is better at drawing the fouls and going hard to the rim, but Ross has all the athleticism in the world to learn those things.
DD was better player in the collage? i am too lazy to look for stats, but i highly doubt that, if im not mistaking they both averaged similar ppg at with Ross having better 3pt shooting %
LOG is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 06:26 PM   #58 (permalink)
a baller

Senior Member
 
bjjs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 7,278
Representing:
Default

Derozan is arguably the best all-round player on the team - some of you need to give your heads a shake.

Even if I wasn't a Derozan fan...you have to be in absolute denial to think that going down the stretch of last season there wasn't at least 5 games where Derozan was the best player on the court for either team.

How can a player that has the ability to be the best player on the court in an NBA game be so horrible...so much so that he's obviously going to be worse then a rookie who hasn't played a summer league game.

You're all exaggerating right...??
bjjs is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 06:42 PM   #59 (permalink)
LOG
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
LOG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Toronto
Posts: 8,469
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjjs View Post
Derozan is arguably the best all-round player on the team - some of you need to give your heads a shake.

Even if I wasn't a Derozan fan...you have to be in absolute denial to think that going down the stretch of last season there wasn't at least 5 games where Derozan was the best player on the court for either team.

How can a player that has the ability to be the best player on the court in an NBA game be so horrible...so much so that he's obviously going to be worse then a rookie who hasn't played a summer league game.

You're all exaggerating right...??
Who said that DD is horrible? He is most likely better player than Ross atm, but give Terrence year or 2 and we will get back to this..
LOG is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 07:05 PM   #60 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummond so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 74,037
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOG View Post
He is better shooter than DD, rebounder, better defender and has better handles. Derozan is better at drawing the fouls and going hard to the rim, but Ross has all the athleticism in the world to learn those things.
DD was better player in the collage? i am too lazy to look for stats, but i highly doubt that, if im not mistaking they both averaged similar ppg at with Ross having better 3pt shooting %

At the NBA level?
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24