Calderon sends message ! - Page 3
Old 07-12-2012, 11:44 PM   #41 (permalink)
a Piston Fan !

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 2,258
Representing:
Default

Jose has been good to us. I’m sure if we were to put him on trial publically as a point guard, his defense would be of the Gladiator variety, “Are you not entertained?!!” as he continues to slay point guard platoon-mates left and right. Lowry is now the point guard of the present and future, and I doubt this chart below will be too interesting in the next year or two.

But as Jose may warn us…“Yo Lowry…I didn’t hear no bell!”

This is why BC has to move Caldy....although we have not won anything Caldy has always won his position as pg for the team. If Caldy did stay it would make BC look like an idiot trading away a first round pick. For BC to keep his job he has no choice but to move him.


http://raptorsrepublic.com/wp-conten...12/07/jose.jpg
raptor123 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 11:55 PM   #42 (permalink)
LOG
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
LOG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Toronto
Posts: 9,276
Representing:
Default

Look i understand you are in love with Calderon and all that, but this is no brainer move for BC. We get better player who is younger and cost less money
LOG is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 11:56 PM   #43 (permalink)
Psi
Only likes Hockey with 'Fantasy' infront of it

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 1,873
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor123 View Post
So your chart, which is
Lose
Lose
Tie due to TJ's injury.
Crush 2 dleaguers
Tie with Jack
Win due to bench players
Win, but only when Bayless wasn't starting.

Such insane numbers, how will we ever forget about jose cruise junior ... err ...
Psi is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 03:16 AM   #44 (permalink)
and a 1, and a 2, and a 1,2,3,4!

Senior Member
 
pzabby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: toronto
Posts: 6,978
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOG View Post
Look i understand you are in love with Calderon and all that, but this is no brainer move for BC. We get better player who is younger and cost less money
I seriously question this. he could very well be, he also could very well be not. when we were looking to sign nash, people kept raving on about his intangibles and such. jose doesn't have that? jose brings leadership, grit, and fight to this team, like it or not. that along side his numbers and one could seriously say jose is better.

that being said, the less money, and age (although not by much to be fair) still makes it a great move, fantastic considering what we gave up for him. now BC should be smart about jose's trade. there's so many things his 10 million dollar contract can do for us, but he has to make sure to remember to not make a move for the sake of making a move. jose still has a ton to offer, even as a very expensive backup. he would help JV, and ross. the open looks those guys would get would be awesome for their confidence, and with ross's stroke alongside possibly kleiza, our bench could possibly rain threes quickly. hell, jose would teach lowry to be more under control. taking risks is fine, but too much of it is just as bad as too little. jose+lowry=perfect amount of risk.

lets go caldy! showem what you got in the olympics!
pzabby is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 08:35 AM   #45 (permalink)
La Decima!!!!!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 7,223
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bozonic View Post
No, Rae knows he is finished...
Well played sir
LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 12:36 PM   #46 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Superjudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 17,592
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LX View Post
He still wouldn't be Steve Nash. He is far too inclined to play 20+ feet from the basket at both ends. That just isn't going to get it done in the NBA. Show me one pg in the playoffs that couldn't attack. And look at the importance of defending among that same group. You might say Ramon Sessions doesn't fit that mold at all, and you might also say he hurt his team dearly.
WTF?

Jose "cant attack"?

Honestly, I need a break from here because the more I read brutal post like this the more I feel bad about me.

Calderon is the starting PG on one of the top team s in the world, he has been on the shittiest team in the NBA or close to it for 7 years and averages 14 and 9 almost, but you guys make claims like "he cant get it done in the NBA, he cant attack, balh balh blah"
Honestly, you people don't really get basketball. You need to go back and read Dan's post, he is a smart guy, he gets it.

Making stupid claims about the state of the game, speed over size yaddda yadda means nothing if you have no idea. and you don't seem to. yet still you march on.

kyle Lowry, IMO, is going to be a good player here in Toronto, I mean from what I have seen in clips and what I have read. But this is interesting, I also went on a few Houston boards to read his fans perception, not just now, but posts for last year too...trust, he aint the coming of Jesus, at least Houston fans didn't think so.

so, my point, you wanna be happy about Lowry, that's cool, you have reason to be, but if you have to rip Calderon to do it, you're being pretty ridiculous. the ONLY real thing that he doesn't have, Is time. this team is a few years away, and he may not be able to keep up as he ages. that's it. All the other crap, and I say crap because I have yet to really read something that makes real life sense, that you guys say about him means nothing. Dude will rip it up for a good team and that's great for him. I have read he cant run a break...brutal and wrong, I have read he cant throw a lob or a fancy pass in the half court. Unbelievably stupid, I read he cannot defend, shit, admittedly he aint a good defender, but he isn't as bad as people say, mostly, I don't think they really know what they are looking at.

So, in summary.

- Jose is good, very good actually, and a leader too.
- Lowry is good, very good, but a few years younger than Jose (that's right guys, he aint 19, hes gonna be 27) but young is good for Toronto so he's a good guy here.
- knocks on Jose on this forum typically are grossly inaccurate
- shut up
- bring me chicken wings
- the NBA hasn't changed, fast, slow, big small....its about skill and brains.
- I am right, you all are wrong.
- bring me a beer.
- that is all for now, but I will bring more when some Jackal asks for it.


Good day to you fine Sirs.
Superjudge is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 12:56 PM   #47 (permalink)
LOG
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
LOG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Toronto
Posts: 9,276
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pzabby View Post
I seriously question this. he could very well be, he also could very well be not. when we were looking to sign nash, people kept raving on about his intangibles and such. jose doesn't have that? jose brings leadership, grit, and fight to this team, like it or not. that along side his numbers and one could seriously say jose is better.

that being said, the less money, and age (although not by much to be fair) still makes it a great move, fantastic considering what we gave up for him. now BC should be smart about jose's trade. there's so many things his 10 million dollar contract can do for us, but he has to make sure to remember to not make a move for the sake of making a move. jose still has a ton to offer, even as a very expensive backup. he would help JV, and ross. the open looks those guys would get would be awesome for their confidence, and with ross's stroke alongside possibly kleiza, our bench could possibly rain threes quickly. hell, jose would teach lowry to be more under control. taking risks is fine, but too much of it is just as bad as too little. jose+lowry=perfect amount of risk.

lets go caldy! showem what you got in the olympics!
Yes Jose brings intangibles he is a true leader and dedicated 150% every night, and i love him for that. But if I have to chose between the two I pick Lowry simply, because i think he is a better fit for this team in a long run. It would be awesome if we could keep Jose as a second PG, but it seems that Calderon doesn't want that. So all we can do is respect his choice and wish him luck on a better team
LOG is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 12:59 PM   #48 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Superjudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 17,592
Representing:
Default

agreed
Superjudge is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 01:00 PM   #49 (permalink)
LX
synapse jelly

In the Paint


 
LX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 28,746
Representing:
Default

Shut up indeed SJ.

Anyone with eyes can see that Jose will tend to pull up in a lot of fast break situations, that he has had more than one coach yelling at him regularly to push the ball up the floor, that he was a very different player when he was able to turn the corner, and yes - attack. He has a great shot and yet very rarely attacks with that. He is too easily frustrated by pressure. He is not Steve Nash. He does have brains, and is a good team guy, but he doesn't have a full compliment of skills to fall back on and make use of along with the brains. If you want to be all sensitive and let the insults fly than please just take a big long break. Nobody is ripping Jose all that much.

I asked what pg's in the playoffs failed to attack, and I should have worded that better. Was there a starting in the playoffs that did not regularly offer the threat of attacking the defense on his own? Now remember this is the playoffs. There are lots of pg's that can get by with less during the regular season. That does not point to where the games is headed. BC has said as much himself. Now discuss. Show me something. Ramon? Again - that was a bit of a problem. Got anything else? Just insults? Then go the fuck away troll.
LX is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 01:03 PM   #50 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Superjudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 17,592
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LX View Post
Shut up indeed SJ.

Troll
nice!
Superjudge is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 01:12 PM   #51 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Superjudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 17,592
Representing:
Default

BTW, was that what you bring...was that your big reply. Fuck man, I totally carve you, and you give me that.

You got nothing LX. Nothing at all. Hell, the very BS I was on you for, you just retyped because seemingly you don't have a clue or understand what I was talking about. You type things as if hey are fact, when they are only part of your obscured and uneducated opinion.

The best one for me is the fast break stuff...holy shit that's rich. I wanna explain basketball to you but fuck man, that's a long one and I don't care enough about you to do it. Fast break..hahaha who's running it anyway..just so I know. I mean if Bargs doesn't board, and Toronto is 3rd lague wide in D-boards, whos fucking running the break...is the answer jesus??
k that was a tidbit for ya, like the mama T-rex bringing the baby T-rex a half killed beast to eat...you gotta do the rest on your own ok. Till then don't bug me or I gotta put ya on ignore, and I have never one that in 20 years of internetting.

Thanks though, for the ;laughter... I needed it today
Superjudge is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 01:29 PM   #52 (permalink)
waitin for the Samba Twin Towers

keepin an eye on Il Muggo
 
bozonic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 444
Representing:
Default

Why is Jose trade now being trampled in the press. He was trade bait prior to draft...no one wanted him. Other teams have gotten Collison, Sessions, Lin, Bayless etc....He is going to play in Toronto this year and will not be traded unless some broken knees show up early in season...Dallas is interested ..huh..they were interested in Dwight Howard too...

I think Bryan appears to be doing something to amuse fans while he should be focussing on some free agents who can help us...

Free Jose T shirts could make a buck this season ..available in all sizes

:deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse:
bozonic is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 01:41 PM   #53 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Superjudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 17,592
Representing:
Default

wow, yes you're right, BC I clearly not focused upon anything else, it clearly took him at LESY 18 hours to make that's 9 seconds statement.
Superjudge is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 01:42 PM   #54 (permalink)
LOG
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
LOG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Toronto
Posts: 9,276
Representing:
Default

sure with 300K under the cap we can go crazy in the FA!
LOG is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 02:00 PM   #55 (permalink)
Gam zeh ya'avor

The Gatekeeper
 
MikeToronto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 3,992
Representing:
Default

Jose Calderon and His Sisyphean Point Guard Battle | Raptors Republic | ESPN TrueHoop's Toronto Raptors Blog

A pretty good piece, really. Sums up the pro-Jose sentiment rather well.
MikeToronto is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 02:37 PM   #56 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Superjudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 17,592
Representing:
Default

he didn't say anything.

Superjudge is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 03:01 PM   #57 (permalink)
LX
synapse jelly

In the Paint


 
LX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 28,746
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post
BTW, was that what you bring...was that your big reply. Fuck man, I totally carve you, and you give me that.

You got nothing LX. Nothing at all. Hell, the very BS I was on you for, you just retyped because seemingly you don't have a clue or understand what I was talking about. You type things as if hey are fact, when they are only part of your obscured and uneducated opinion.

The best one for me is the fast break stuff...holy shit that's rich. I wanna explain basketball to you but fuck man, that's a long one and I don't care enough about you to do it. Fast break..hahaha who's running it anyway..just so I know. I mean if Bargs doesn't board, and Toronto is 3rd lague wide in D-boards, whos fucking running the break...is the answer jesus??
k that was a tidbit for ya, like the mama T-rex bringing the baby T-rex a half killed beast to eat...you gotta do the rest on your own ok. Till then don't bug me or I gotta put ya on ignore, and I have never one that in 20 years of internetting.

Thanks though, for the ;laughter... I needed it today
And once again you declare that it is too much trouble to unleash your unlimited knowledge, and instead of entering into an honest discussion where different viewpoints and different understandings can be put forth, you insist that it's all about being right and "carving me up". And so yes, you are the very definition of a troll, and that is just being kind.

Here's what's rich. You claim that I march on and you might need a break. Unless you're entirely focused on flinging your own feces, you will have noticed that I don't post all that much anymore. There are reasons for that. For one, at this point I've found myself repeating the same shit too much, and after many many years that serves no purpose for myself or anyone else. And on top of that I have come to realize that there is no escaping your manufactured bullshit that drips with condescension and entitlement, and responding in any way only satisfies your need to pump up your self-esteem by parading like a ridiculous shit gibbon. So aside from a few posts, I'm not here. But you need to attack me all the same. Fine. You carved me up all right. Jose has never found himself with the ball and only one man back and on his heels. It's just not happened. You know all truth and have declared me unworthy and so I must be. The world would be better off without me. I am as detestable a human being as can possibly exist. This you have made abundantly clear. And I do not march on. I gave up some time ago. You manage to kill any tiny spark of joy that is offered to me in the discussion of basketball. But no - I should not blame you - I do not have any understanding of basketball and so that is all on me.

Fling away with the feces now. It's adorable for some I'm sure.
LX is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 03:16 PM   #58 (permalink)
LX
synapse jelly

In the Paint


 
LX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 28,746
Representing:
Default

Meanwhile, getting back to the real discussion at hand - there is a good reason that speed counts for so much in this league. With the rule change allowing zone defenses, or outside of zone defenses, just guys guarding nothing but space at any time, where they can muck up passing lanes or double late inside, and with changes allowing more freedom on the perimeter, the point of attack is that much more important on either side of the court.

Casey has said he is looking to attack with a random offense rather than run a lot of set plays, as a means of lessening the effect of set defenses. Random offense, from what I've seen, is not what Jose is naturally inclined to make use of, nor is he the likeliest person to initiate it. That is not ripping him. It's just the way he plays the game. He will take what set defenses give him rather than make something happen in order to get what the Raptors would prefer to get.
LX is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 03:23 PM   #59 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,494
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LX View Post
Meanwhile, getting back to the real discussion at hand - there is a good reason that speed counts for so much in this league. With the rule change allowing zone defenses, or outside of zone defenses, just guys guarding nothing but space at any time, where they can muck up passing lanes or double late inside, and with changes allowing more freedom on the perimeter, the point of attack is that much more important on either side of the court.

Casey has said he is looking to attack with a random offense rather than run a lot of set plays, as a means of lessening the effect of set defenses. Random offense, from what I've seen, is not what Jose is naturally inclined to make use of, nor is he the likeliest person to initiate it. That is not ripping him. It's just the way he plays the game. He will take what set defenses give him rather than make something happen in order to get what the Raptors would prefer to get.
That's actually a good point but it would help if we had other players capable of that.... and makes less sense of why we let JB walk. I'd think that players that can drive and create would be better for that system and thus not so reliant on a single position to do everything in that regard. Maybe one guy can create enough defensive confusion but it doesn't seem like we have many others to capitalize on that either. I would think with so many offensive dimwits on our team Jose's skillset would be much more valuable.... as has been seen with Amir Johnson specifically.
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 03:26 PM   #60 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,784
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LX View Post
And once again you declare that it is too much trouble to unleash your unlimited knowledge, and instead of entering into an honest discussion where different viewpoints and different understandings can be put forth, you insist that it's all about being right and "carving me up". And so yes, you are the very definition of a troll, and that is just being kind.

Here's what's rich. You claim that I march on and you might need a break. Unless you're entirely focused on flinging your own feces, you will have noticed that I don't post all that much anymore. There are reasons for that. For one, at this point I've found myself repeating the same shit too much, and after many many years that serves no purpose for myself or anyone else. And on top of that I have come to realize that there is no escaping your manufactured bullshit that drips with condescension and entitlement, and responding in any way only satisfies your need to pump up your self-esteem by parading like a ridiculous shit gibbon. So aside from a few posts, I'm not here. But you need to attack me all the same. Fine. You carved me up all right. Jose has never found himself with the ball and only one man back and on his heels. It's just not happened. You know all truth and have declared me unworthy and so I must be. The world would be better off without me. I am as detestable a human being as can possibly exist. This you have made abundantly clear. And I do not march on. I gave up some time ago. You manage to kill any tiny spark of joy that is offered to me in the discussion of basketball. But no - I should not blame you - I do not have any understanding of basketball and so that is all on me.

Fling away with the feces now. It's adorable for some I'm sure.
You gotta to take SJ with a grain of salt. Some head scratching claims like Derozan is a dime-a-dozen player and you can find them on Queens Quay & Bathurst, Triano was a good coach, Jimmer will be good player in the NBA and he plays alot like Steve Nash. People are allowed their opinions. And Yes, Calderon drives less to the rim as compared to previous years and settles for the jumper.
RAPMAN is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24