Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards

Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/)
-   Toronto Raptors (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/)
-   -   Calderon playing in Europe if there is a lockout (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/calderon-playing-europe-if-there-lockout-19989.html)

Thug 04-12-2011 01:28 PM

Calderon playing in Europe if there is a lockout
 
Quote:

Jose Manuel Calderon: "Europe is an option, but for example in my case it would be an option if there's a year-long lockout. I'm not going to stop playing for a year.
HoopsHype - NBA Rumors

Caldern: "Si hay lockout no me quedar un ao sin jugar"

Dutches 04-12-2011 02:25 PM

This is good. Hopefully he plays for Barca and recruits Rubio to the cause.

:cookie:

jeffb 04-12-2011 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dutches (Post 529536)
This is good. Hopefully he plays for Barca and recruits Rubio to the cause.

:cookie:

And to thank him we trade him to Minnesota. Lmao

Dutches 04-12-2011 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffb (Post 529538)
And to thank him we trade him to Minnesota. Lmao

LOL that would be


Dark Knight 04-12-2011 05:28 PM

Hopefully he stays there...

:eekout:

DSWC 04-12-2011 05:31 PM

I think his body could use the time off, to fully heal up.

With most players, I'd say to keep playing would be good for them, i may argue the opposite though, for Jose.

killabee 04-12-2011 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark Knight (Post 529593)
Hopefully he stays there...

:eekout:

can he take the italian with him???

Ciao Raptors! 04-12-2011 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark Knight (Post 529593)
Hopefully he stays there...

:eekout:

:greensmile:

Chiggmo 04-12-2011 05:58 PM

Ya, take bargs. Just forget him on the way back.

fancylad 04-12-2011 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DSWC (Post 529595)
I think his body could use the time off, to fully heal up.

With most players, I'd say to keep playing would be good for them, i may argue the opposite though, for Jose.

the number of games in a season is way smaller in Europe. With that in mind i have no problem with Jose doing his thing across the Atlantic.

FoldedLaundry 04-12-2011 10:11 PM

Well this is good I guess :cookie:

MARTYNAS 04-13-2011 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fancylad (Post 529644)
the number of games in a season is way smaller in Europe. With that in mind i have no problem with Jose doing his thing across the Atlantic.

not true... Look at my Žalgiris. (Euroleague, Lithuanian league, Lithuanian domestic cup, Baltic basketball league, VTB United League). Just count it, 5 different competitions... If I am right, they already played ~55 games and the post season not even started yet...
But the point is, he will play less minutes there, thats for sure. I see him playing in Spain. Barca Already has great Jaka Lakovic, young Rubio, Real has Pablo Prigioni, Caja has Huertas and so on... Best Euro teams are all deep.

fancylad 04-13-2011 06:21 AM

that's a fair correction martynas. I was only thinking of the 'domestic league' season and not the extra cups and leagues that comes with Euro ball.

archie63 04-13-2011 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MARTYNAS (Post 529699)
not true... Look at my Žalgiris. (Euroleague, Lithuanian league, Lithuanian domestic cup, Baltic basketball league, VTB United League). Just count it, 5 different competitions... If I am right, they already played ~55 games and the post season not even started yet...
But the point is, he will play less minutes there, thats for sure. I see him playing in Spain. Barca Already has great Jaka Lakovic, young Rubio, Real has Pablo Prigioni, Caja has Huertas and so on... Best Euro teams are all deep.

I'm sure Real and Caja would replace those players with caldy in a second. As for the numbers of games you're right even if the season is much less stressfull imo

n30tokyo 04-13-2011 07:42 PM

if we get to draft Irving, can we trade him?

OP13 04-15-2011 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by archie63 (Post 529744)
I'm sure Real and Caja would replace those players with caldy in a second. As for the numbers of games you're right even if the season is much less stressfull imo

Prigioni - yes, but not Huertas, he is better than Caldy imo, especially in Europe..


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:07 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24