Butch Carter lays blame on Casey - Page 3
Old 12-07-2012, 03:28 PM   #41 (permalink)
LX
present minded

In the Paint


 
LX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 27,993
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
Agreed, but it's still a trick that can work, but you can't rely on it as a systemic foundation. This defense has very little chaos which it did last year with JJ. It's a big difference in my mind. Not having a SF that can make up for breakdowns with athleticism and strength really hurts us. There have been games where the hedging happens relentlessly.... and we also switch way too much as a result.... some of that is on AB, most of that is on the coaching. Also, why does it seem like we never pound the glass and yet Sacramento was relentless like this. At most we have two guys in there... we need more chaos and randomness.
I agree it can still work to some extent, and yep, JJ would be the big final factor as to what worked then as opposed to now.
LX is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 04:15 PM   #42 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Senior Member
 
TORaptor4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,380
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
Agreed, but it's still a trick that can work, but you can't rely on it as a systemic foundation. This defense has very little chaos which it did last year with JJ. It's a big difference in my mind. Not having a SF that can make up for breakdowns with athleticism and strength really hurts us. There have been games where the hedging happens relentlessly.... and we also switch way too much as a result.... some of that is on AB, most of that is on the coaching. Also, why does it seem like we never pound the glass and yet Sacramento was relentless like this. At most we have two guys in there... we need more chaos and randomness.
This is a rarely a problem when 2 of JV/Amir/Ed are in the game. Lowry and Pietrus (and DD) have been doing a solid job thus far lending a hand in that dept.

I thought that our "No Bargs" lineup against SAC worked to perfection in that area and shut down a lot of the easy points that they were getting.....

... too bad that lineup changed.
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 04:18 PM   #43 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,493
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever View Post
This is a rarely a problem when 2 of JV/Amir/Ed are in the game. Lowry and Pietrus (and DD) have been doing a solid job thus far lending a hand in that dept.

I thought that our "No Bargs" lineup against SAC worked to perfection in that area and shut down a lot of the easy points that they were getting.....

... too bad that lineup changed.
SO UNTRUE. Dude, seriously, I've seen Ed and Amir get overwhelmed on the boards as well.... We never send more than two. It's not just Bargnani, though I agree he needs to crash it so much more too.
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 07:23 PM   #44 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Senior Member
 
TORaptor4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,380
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
SO UNTRUE. Dude, seriously, I've seen Ed and Amir get overwhelmed on the boards as well.... We never send more than two. It's not just Bargnani, though I agree he needs to crash it so much more too.
I'm not saying that they dominate the glass like the Grizzlies or anything... but they aren't NEARLY as bad (esp. when they don't have to go against a monster C) as Bargs. Much quicker rotations and reaction time.
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 07:45 PM   #45 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,493
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever View Post
I'm not saying that they dominate the glass like the Grizzlies or anything... but they aren't NEARLY as bad (esp. when they don't have to go against a monster C) as Bargs. Much quicker rotations and reaction time.
agreed, they aren't as bad... but we need to pound the glass more aggressively in my mind, on both ends.
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:41 PM   #46 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Senior Member
 
TORaptor4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,380
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
agreed, they aren't as bad... but we need to pound the glass more aggressively in my mind, on both ends.
Well I think it's safe to say that our guards are doing the job.... a combined 10 rebs/gm from DD and Kyle.

Just need the bigs to step up a bit more.
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24