Bruce Bowen as Assistant Coach?
Old 06-04-2011, 02:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
editing this message!

Senior Member
 
jj33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,485
Representing:
Default Bruce Bowen as Assistant Coach?

I know we need a head coach first, but How about hiring Bruce Bowen as an assistant coach?? We could hire an assistant from Spurs as our head coach! All guys who have been in Pops system are good.
He could teach D to our young guns, especially Derozan.
jj33 is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 02:38 PM   #2 (permalink)
finding your post helpful

Senior Member
 
LightsOut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,538
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj33 View Post
I know we need a head coach first, but How about hiring Bruce Bowen as an assistant coach?? We could hire an assistant from Spurs as our head coach! All guys who have been in Pops system are good.
He could teach D to our young guns, especially Derozan.
good idea can't hurt to have more coaches that actually played ball and we're decent and what they do, alex english for offence bowen for defence sounds good to me.
LightsOut is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 02:40 PM   #3 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 80,384
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightsOut View Post
good idea can't hurt to have more coaches that actually played ball and we're decent and what they do, alex english for offence bowen for defence sounds good to me.
Alex English is a goner.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 02:55 PM   #4 (permalink)
I believe in Masai!

giant steps

 
'trane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,956
Representing:
Default

i don't ever want to see that cheap shot artist again in my life.
'trane is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 03:45 PM   #5 (permalink)
censored

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 5,772
Representing:
Default

i think he was only in the league to seek vengeance on behalf of the refs against the whiney players they couldn't stand. there's no other explanation to how he was in the league as long as he was.
dfunkie1 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 03:47 PM   #6 (permalink)
is waiting

Senior Member
 
Blaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,257
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj33 View Post
I know we need a head coach first, but How about hiring Bruce Bowen as an assistant coach?? We could hire an assistant from Spurs as our head coach! All guys who have been in Pops system are good.
He could teach D to our young guns, especially Derozan.
Just because a player was good at something when they played, it doesn't mean they're good at coaching it. I can't even remember a player who was a superstar and was a good head coach too. Maybe Kevin McHale but I don't even thing he's that good of a coach.
Blaze is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 03:53 PM   #7 (permalink)
the boss

Senior Member
 
Aamir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 5,185
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Alex English is a goner.
Why?? I thought he does a good job developing player's offensive skills during the season and off-season. We are always one of the top scoring teams in the league.
Aamir is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 03:58 PM   #8 (permalink)
raptor jesus

Senior Member
 
Don Vito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 3,938
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMughal View Post
Why?? I thought he does a good job developing player's offensive skills during the season and off-season. We are always one of the top scoring teams in the league.
Yeah I'd want English to stay, he is incredible with player development.
Don Vito is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 04:15 PM   #9 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 80,384
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMughal View Post
Why?? I thought he does a good job developing player's offensive skills during the season and off-season. We are always one of the top scoring teams in the league.
Eric Smith on the radio this week said he won't be back. He said the only one that will be back is PJ since he's the only one still under contract. Which also likely means Boogie is gone as well. I suppose it depends on the new coach and who he wants on his staff, but this is what happens when you hire outside the organization. Ultimately i think it's a good thing depending on who's brought in as assistants. I hope Alvin could stay.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 05:28 PM   #10 (permalink)
like

Member
 
Toebee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 241
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Eric Smith on the radio this week said he won't be back. He said the only one that will be back is PJ since he's the only one still under contract. Which also likely means Boogie is gone as well. I suppose it depends on the new coach and who he wants on his staff, but this is what happens when you hire outside the organization. Ultimately i think it's a good thing depending on who's brought in as assistants. I hope Alvin could stay.
I don't think Alvin is part of the "coaching staff". He is player development which I think is a position appointed by the GM and not the coach. I think he may still be around but he could be gone with the rest. I am sure BC will retain him.

Last edited by Toebee; 06-04-2011 at 05:30 PM.
Toebee is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 06:25 PM   #11 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Scully's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 872
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackson Filth View Post
i think he was only in the league to seek vengeance on behalf of the refs against the whiney players they couldn't stand. there's no other explanation to how he was in the league as long as he was.
Or the other explantion is that he was the most dominant wing defender from 2001 to 2007. Earning 8 consecutive all NBA first and second team nods and finishing 2nd in voting 3 straight seasons for DPY. I would love to have him, but I also think his kind of defense is hard to teach.
Scully is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 08:22 PM   #12 (permalink)
censored

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 5,772
Representing:
Default

i hope you're proud of being so lame
dfunkie1 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 12:10 AM   #13 (permalink)
wanting harrison barnes

Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 480
Representing:
Default

i'd love to have him as an assistant. he played under pops for so many years and was a great defender. he could teach our guys a thing or 2.
komot is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 12:30 AM   #14 (permalink)
Is wondering when the Patman and JJ will be unleashed?

Membres supérieurs
 
DocHoliday99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Southern Alberta
Posts: 5,222
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by komot View Post
i'd love to have him as an assistant. he played under pops for so many years and was a great defender. he could teach our guys a thing or 2.
LOL yeah, like how to put your foot under a player taking a jump shot
DocHoliday99 is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 12:32 AM   #15 (permalink)
...

herp derp
 
strung_out's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Guelph, ON
Posts: 1,547
Representing:
Send a message via MSN to strung_out
Default

having james johnson on our team with bruce bowen as our assistant coach...
we'd probably end up seeing a lot more of this...

strung_out is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 12:35 AM   #16 (permalink)
Is wondering when the Patman and JJ will be unleashed?

Membres supérieurs
 
DocHoliday99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Southern Alberta
Posts: 5,222
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by strung_out View Post
having james johnson on our team with bruce bowen as our assistant coach...
we'd probably end up seeing a lot more of this...

YouTube - ‪Bruce Bowen kicked Wally Szczerbiak's face‬‏
hahaha I forgot about that, that was hilarious
DocHoliday99 is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 07:05 AM   #17 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 80,384
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHoliday99 View Post
LOL yeah, like how to put your foot under a player taking a jump shot
We could use some of that. Keep the nutsack grabber and add this to our talents. Lol
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 02:27 AM   #18 (permalink)
ball movement dammit

[T.O.P]
 
jeaxz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 395
Representing:
Default

jeaxz is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 05:34 PM   #19 (permalink)
editing this message!

Senior Member
 
jj33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,485
Representing:
Default

It's time to shred the soft label. Man, they call Toronto a hockey town, but their basketball team is full of pussies! Will Toronto ever have a bad ass team??
jj33 is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 06:39 PM   #20 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 80,384
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj33 View Post
It's time to shred the soft label. Man, they call Toronto a hockey town, but their basketball team is full of pussies! Will Toronto ever have a bad ass team??
Not a hockey town, a leaf town. Btw when did this city last have a team that was considered a badass team?
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24