Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards

Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/)
-   Toronto Raptors (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/)
-   -   Brian Colangelo must go? (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/brian-colangelo-must-go-19803.html)

Don Vito 03-26-2011 01:12 PM

Brian Colangelo must go?
 
If Colangelo continues to be the GM of this team, Bargnani will always be here. It seems like BC will do everything except for trading Bargnani, but why? He drafted him. BC drafted Bargnani and that is why he will never trade him. The only way to get rid of Bargnani is to get rid of Colangelo. If we get a new GM you can bet that Bargnani will be gone instantaneously, thus moving the franchise into the right direction. Getting rid of Bargnani = rebirth of the raptors.

m5racer 03-26-2011 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don Vito (Post 523700)
If Colangelo continues to be the GM of this team, Bargnani will always be here. It seems like BC will do everything except for trading Bargnani, but why?

To be quite honest, if we trade bargs, im sure its going to be the type of deal where A. we get a player back with a longer/worse contract B. We get A, but that same player is also half uselss and has less skill then bargs anyways. Oh but wait, all the bargs haters here think if we trade him were going to get some sort of sick, game changing center thats going to make up contenders......


To be honest, Bargs at 10mill is not that bad, people on this board act like the guy cant do anything, but he really does. IF we get another legit C/PF starter he creats crazy mis maches that allow others to score. Having him as the best player on the team is not good, but this offseason (maybe next) that will change.

Losing BC would set this team back another 5 years minimum.....sin him for 2+a team option for the third and see what he does.....if nothing then fire him. Changing GM's everytime their contract is up will not get this organization anywhere....we need stability

'trane 03-26-2011 01:18 PM

:yawn:

trick 03-26-2011 01:19 PM

he'll be here along with bargnani, FOREVER

ha123 03-26-2011 04:49 PM

Bargnani is not the problem bro. He is part of it. But even if we move him, it doesn't mean our defence will get much better.

I am not a fan of bargnani, I hate his game. But I don't think blaming him for everything is right. We have piss poor defenders at every position.

Sick, Wicked and Nasty! 03-26-2011 05:15 PM

He's not trading Bargnani because he's the only guy on the team currently talented enough to average 22 points per game basically. Our offense is enemic without him. Defence marginally better but there are bigger issues that can be addressed to improve the team.

creative1mm 03-26-2011 05:28 PM

if we ended up getting Tyson Chandler and he was playing in the Middle/Center..
Bargs wouldn't be receiving so much criticism for his lack of defense down low

bottom line.. he has to play with a good defensive stopper, he is not that guy, and probably will never be

we have never seen bargs with a true center, ajinca is no centre.., reggie evans is no centre

problem with the raptors is, they get beat at top, and beat down low.. as a result are defense overall suffers, we can't get stops anywhere

we need an upgrade at point, center, and maybe a three.. geez

SomeDPlease 03-26-2011 05:44 PM

It's Triano's fault, BC isn't to blame. It's always the coach's fault duuude.

Chiggmo 03-26-2011 05:50 PM

People defending bargs is getting laughable... He does nothing but score on some nights, and even then its still not consistent, he disappears constantly during games all the time, does nothing defensively and gives up more points than he scores on any givin night.

I'm not sayin anything in regards to traing em, because we wouldn't get shit back, hes not worth anything.

js12 03-26-2011 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiggmo (Post 523797)
People defending bargs is getting laughable... He does nothing but score on some nights, and even then its still not consistent, he disappears constantly during games all the time, does nothing defensively and gives up more points than he scores on any givin night.

I'm not sayin anything in regards to traing em, because we wouldn't get shit back, hes not worth anything.

You're right, he'd be hard to trade.

He's worth $10M, and I believe he has a "poison pill contract", where the contract increases by a percentage when he's traded.

komot 03-26-2011 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SomeDPlease (Post 523795)
It's Triano's fault, BC isn't to blame. It's always the coach's fault duuude.

BC hired triano and fired smitch, i'm sure the fault falls to him. plus he could of gone out to find a real defensive first HC with proven credentials like what the bulls did. hell, even del negro would of been better then triano.

bargs does need to go though.

carp 03-26-2011 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by komot (Post 523802)
BC hired triano and fired smitch, i'm sure the fault falls to him. plus he could of gone out to find a real defensive first HC with proven credentials like what the bulls did. hell, even del negro would of been better then triano.

bargs does need to go though.

Del Negro? Ok I've read enough here..... :cookie:

carp 03-26-2011 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ha123 (Post 523780)
Bargnani is not the problem bro. He is part of it. But even if we move him, it doesn't mean our defence will get much better.

I am not a fan of bargnani, I hate his game. But I don't think blaming him for everything is right. We have piss poor defenders at every position.

Now that is a perspective I can appreciate.

jrob23 03-26-2011 06:54 PM

I think a shot blocking presence at center and someone that can provide rebounds would be a huge lift to this team

Fuck having a 7 foot one dimensional shooting guard, DeMar can score just as much as Bargnani except doing so more efficiently

carp 03-26-2011 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrob23 (Post 523829)
I think a shot blocking presence at center and someone that can provide rebounds would be a huge lift to this team

Fuck having a 7 foot one dimensional shooting guard, DeMar can score just as much as Bargnani except doing so more efficiently

Demar has yet to prove that.... lol.

Don Vito 03-26-2011 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carp (Post 523832)
Demar has yet to prove that.... lol.

How? Hes had alot of high scoring games..

carp 03-26-2011 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don Vito (Post 523834)
How? Hes had alot of high scoring games..

what's his average? Nothing I said is inaccurate.

Don Vito 03-26-2011 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carp (Post 523835)
what's his average? Nothing I said is inaccurate.

16PPG and shooting a high percentage in his 2nd year, that is more than kobe and T-mac in their second year.

carp 03-26-2011 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don Vito (Post 523837)
16PPG and shooting a high percentage in his 2nd year, that is more than kobe and T-mac in their second year.

you just made my point. I'm not saying DD won't get there, but he's not yet. Simple enough.

Don Vito 03-26-2011 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carp (Post 523838)
you just made my point. I'm not saying DD won't get there, but he's not yet. Simple enough.

So what exactly are you saying? Trade him because hes not Michael Jordan in his second year? Smdh you don't know anything about player development.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:04 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24