Bosh-less and Hopeless
Old 03-01-2010, 10:45 AM   #1 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,816
Representing:
Default Bosh-less and Hopeless

Very good article from the Toronto Sun. Notice when the Star player is gone, other player weakness are exposed, and the team chemistry is in disarray. I think it is non-issue, but the writer's brings up the issue of who should start as point guard. Bosh, come back 100%, hopefully soon because this team is becoming a big mess. To all the Bosh haters, read and become educated:

Quote:
"Bosh-less and completely hopeless, the Raptors became nothing more than a glorified practice team for the host Thunder on Sunday night."

"Everyone knew the Raptors would eventually struggle without their franchise player, but no one could have envisioned how inept the Raptors would be without Chris Bosh."

"Without Bosh, no one is getting to the line, no one is drawing defenders and no one is stepping up."

"The swagger the Raptors once had has suddenly disappeared, replaced by indecision and frustration."
LINK -Toronto Sun
RAPMAN is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 10:52 AM   #2 (permalink)
is back baby

Large and in charge
 
Snooch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: All up in there
Posts: 8,248
Representing:
Default

Part of the problem is that the players dont change there roles.

Bargs needs to become the main guy.

Jose needs to stop running pick and roles with Evans.

Hedo has been a bit better than he has been but is still very shitty.

Demar/Weems/Amir/ are what they are.

Jack is living up to his name and doing just that with the ball. "Jack"ing
Snooch is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 10:53 AM   #3 (permalink)
Bmats7
is pounding the rock! (Edit)

Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Representing:
Default

Remember when Snooch and Moremilk were preaching this summer about how Bargs could excel at the 4. Not only were his points down because Bosh dominates the ball, but his rebounding numbers, they said, were because Bosh grabs them all even though Bargs does a fantastic job of boxing out.

Where are you now? Bargnani gets open 3's because Bosh gets to the line like one of the best in the league. He's CONSISTENT offence! Can we rely on Bargnani's headfake and pullup one foot inside the arc for a season? HELL NO. Can we rely on Bargnani getting thrased on the boards? never.

You guys know what this stretch proves? Bosh makes the players around him BETTER. This is why he's one of the best in the league.
  Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 10:59 AM   #4 (permalink)
is getting to the line..

Senior Member
 
Ex2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 4,300
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAPMAN View Post

"Bosh-less and completely hopeless, the Raptors became nothing more than a glorified practice team for the host Thunder on Sunday night."

"Without Bosh, no one is getting to the line, no one is drawing defenders and no one is stepping up."
This writer umm... Does he even watch the games?

1. How are they hopeless when they almost beat the best team in the league...the Cavs on Friday night without bosh?

2. No one is stepping up? Maybe not last night but again i recall Bargs and Jack have 20+ point games on Friday vs the Cavs...
Ex2k is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 11:01 AM   #5 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,816
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snooch View Post
Part of the problem is that the players dont change there roles.

Bargs needs to become the main guy.

Jose needs to stop running pick and roles with Evans.

Hedo has been a bit better than he has been but is still very shitty.

Demar/Weems/Amir/ are what they are.

Jack is living up to his name and doing just that with the ball. "Jack"ing
Still believe that the Raptors are above .500 without Bosh. With Bosh, Bargnani doesn't have to be the main guy, Jose can run the pick and roll with Bosh or Bargs, Jack doesn't need to obtain a bigger responsibility of the offense, and Bosh will attract all the attention, so players like Demar, Weems, and Amir can excel in their supporting roles.

Last edited by RAPMAN; 03-01-2010 at 11:05 AM.
RAPMAN is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 11:02 AM   #6 (permalink)
LX
effin' ineffable

In the Paint
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 30,071
Representing:
Default

Bargnani changed his role - that was the problem. He went from the guy that had turned the corner, to being the guy that can't bring it consistently. He fails in general against better teams and on the road in particular. He took last night off altogether. No boxing out, no helping on defense. Just pitiful. And Bosh being out is no excuse for that.

Here's a nice role change from Bargnani I'd like to see. How about him taking a charge, or at least getting called in an attempt to take a charge? Has that ever even happened?
LX is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 11:07 AM   #7 (permalink)
blah!

nosce te ipsum
 
fancylad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: east side.
Posts: 13,266
Representing:
Default

I'm just really dissapointed about the defense without Bosh. Sorry, but Bosh ain't that ggood an individual defender for things to go the way they have. Something just isn't adding up.

What's clear to me is that the confidence (eh LX?) that we had pretty much disappeared once the going got tough and Bosh wasn't there. Not saying we win the last 3 games with Bosh in, but the guys just seem like they lose the wind from their sails when Bosh isn't with them.
fancylad is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 11:14 AM   #8 (permalink)
is back baby

Large and in charge
 
Snooch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: All up in there
Posts: 8,248
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmats7 View Post
Remember when Snooch and Moremilk were preaching this summer about how Bargs could excel at the 4. Not only were his points down because Bosh dominates the ball, but his rebounding numbers, they said, were because Bosh grabs them all even though Bargs does a fantastic job of boxing out.

Where are you now? Bargnani gets open 3's because Bosh gets to the line like one of the best in the league. He's CONSISTENT offence! Can we rely on Bargnani's headfake and pullup one foot inside the arc for a season? HELL NO. Can we rely on Bargnani getting thrased on the boards? never.

You guys know what this stretch proves? Bosh makes the players around him BETTER. This is why he's one of the best in the league.


A little of what you said is correct.

Bargs is better at the 5 but needs and athletic weakside help defender/low post guiy at the four.

NEver siad his points were down because Bosh dominates the ball, it was more about this team being entirely predictable because they force feed Bosh play after play after play, last 3 or 4 games is painfully obvious that this is true, no one else knows what to do on the court with Bosh out of the lineup and they still play as if he is in the lineup.(Bargs at 3 point line, Jose dumping ball into reggie over and over, etc)


the system in place allows Bosh to be the man and that in turn requires players around him to do certain things
Snooch is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 11:16 AM   #9 (permalink)
adoring his baby girl.

Senior Member
 
Sick, Wicked and Nasty!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Canada eh?
Posts: 3,278
Representing:
Default

Last night's game was much like the Portland game... lost by lack of effort. The team even without Bosh is better than they appeared in those two games... but they didnt' show up with a few exceptions. The Cleveland game was better...everyone was putting in the effort and combined with some hot shooting we almost pulled it out but without Bosh the team has to be perfect to beat good teams and that won't happen often. He definitely makes the team and individuals on it better, but in the end...Bosh or no Bosh the effort has to be there and it hasn't been consistantly.
Sick, Wicked and Nasty! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 11:18 AM   #10 (permalink)
...

Senior Member

 
Ball Don't Lie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 12,161
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Jack is living up to his name and doing just that with the ball. "Jack"ing
Besides yesterday where everyone sucked, Jack has been superb since Bosh went out. Hes shot over 50% in every game since the injury and the best thing about his offence is he doesnt force shots so I dont know what the hell youre talking about. His only problem on offence is overdribbbling at times.

And the Bargnani role change thing is a joke. Hes been awful since Bosh left. He cant be a number one guy. He cant even make a commitment to playing hard and playing the right way especially on defence and the boards every game, why should he be handed the keys to the offence if hes not going to play the other side of the ball? Fuck that, earn it.
Ball Don't Lie is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 11:20 AM   #11 (permalink)
...

Senior Member

 
Ball Don't Lie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 12,161
Representing:
Default

Quote:
NEver siad his points were down because Bosh dominates the ball, it was more about this team being entirely predictable because they force feed Bosh play after play after play, last 3 or 4 games is painfully obvious that this is true, no one else knows what to do on the court with Bosh out of the lineup and they still play as if he is in the lineup.(Bargs at 3 point line, Jose dumping ball into reggie over and over, etc)


the system in place allows Bosh to be the man and that in turn requires players around him to do certain things
Yeah, its Boshs fault the offence revolves around him because hes so damn good.

It's not even about the offence at this point. Turk and Jack have stepped up bigtime with Bosh out, its not about the system, its about guys wanting it. Has Bargs looked like he wanted it the past few games? Fuck no. Step up and shut up.
Ball Don't Lie is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 11:21 AM   #12 (permalink)
a baller

Senior Member
 
bjjs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 8,653
Representing:
Default

I think Jose has been extra horrible on defense the last two games. Like worse than I ever thought was possible.


Their are so many plays where he intentionally avoids responsibility on defense.

I'm not sure what's wrong with his head, but for a guy who shows such tremendous leadership at times offensively....he makes such unreliable, low-character plays on defense.

Trade this clown.

Last edited by bjjs; 03-01-2010 at 11:23 AM.
bjjs is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 11:23 AM   #13 (permalink)
the next dictator of MLSE

fresh and clean
 
Windex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: uʍop ɹǝpun
Posts: 22,591
Representing:
Default

how can Jose be worse on defense?
I really got to start seeing some games
Windex is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 11:24 AM   #14 (permalink)
blah!

nosce te ipsum
 
fancylad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: east side.
Posts: 13,266
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjjs View Post

Trade this clown.

hope you're a patient man.
fancylad is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 11:32 AM   #15 (permalink)
a baller

Senior Member
 
bjjs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 8,653
Representing:
Default

Bench this clown.
bjjs is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 11:33 AM   #16 (permalink)
a baller

Senior Member
 
bjjs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 8,653
Representing:
Default

And I just can`t see how OKC could of handled a guy like Bargnani

Last night Bargnani was:
a) taller
b) bigger
c) stronger
d) quicker
e) faster
Than any center OKC could of thrown at him.

They throw Green at him, he should of been beating him down every possession. He has the athleticism to wear out any of the small guys they might of thrown at him.

He could of been a force without the ball, but that`s not Bargs.
bjjs is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 11:39 AM   #17 (permalink)
is back baby

Large and in charge
 
Snooch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: All up in there
Posts: 8,248
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thriller92 View Post
Besides yesterday where everyone sucked, Jack has been superb since Bosh went out. Hes shot over 50% in every game since the injury and the best thing about his offence is he doesnt force shots so I dont know what the hell youre talking about. His only problem on offence is overdribbbling at times.

And the Bargnani role change thing is a joke. Hes been awful since Bosh left. He cant be a number one guy. He cant even make a commitment to playing hard and playing the right way especially on defence and the boards every game, why should he be handed the keys to the offence if hes not going to play the other side of the ball? Fuck that, earn it.
Seems to me Bosh was given the number 1 guy option following a year when he really didnt do anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thriller92 View Post
Yeah, its Boshs fault the offence revolves around him because hes so damn good.

It's not even about the offence at this point. Turk and Jack have stepped up bigtime with Bosh out, its not about the system, its about guys wanting it. Has Bargs looked like he wanted it the past few games? Fuck no. Step up and shut up.
No it isnt Bosh fault, never said that is was, but you have to credit to that system in regards to the numbers that Bosh posts.

Bosh is a good shooter and a good rebounder yes, would he be more effective in a system with wings who like to create and control the ball, obviously not.

Bosh has been durrounded by stretch players and pass first, team guys that make it possible for nearly 40% of the teams offensive possessions to go through him.
Snooch is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 11:43 AM   #18 (permalink)
a baller

Senior Member
 
bjjs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 8,653
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snooch View Post
stretch players and pass first, team guys
Sound like a nice way of saying ``guys with no game``

Players who would rather stay out of the way and pass the ball rather than shoot it.
bjjs is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 11:57 AM   #19 (permalink)
LX
effin' ineffable

In the Paint
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 30,071
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjjs View Post
Bench this clown.
yeah - I have to say it drives me crazy when he literally runs away from a guy he should be stepping in front of. It's worse than Bargnani's arm waving. Really disappointing.
LX is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 12:13 PM   #20 (permalink)
is back baby

Large and in charge
 
Snooch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: All up in there
Posts: 8,248
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjjs View Post
Sound like a nice way of saying ``guys with no game``

Players who would rather stay out of the way and pass the ball rather than shoot it.
fair enough.




Interestingly enough though:

Team averages 80.4 fgs per game with Bosh
Averaged 80.5 eith him out(not including overtime shots to keep things even)

yet Bargs is averaging 2 less shots per game than his average. I am sure that it has something to do with him not asserting himself.


It is obvious that this team doesnt know who the second option is or third for that matter and many players are taking it upon themselves to become that guy(jack 3fgas more per game, Wright 3 more per game) instead of guys who it should be(Hedo 1 fga less, Bargs 2fgas less per game with Bosh out)
Snooch is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:15 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24