Bosh Declares It's MVP or Bust - Page 5
Old 12-01-2008, 01:28 PM   #81 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Senior Member
 
TORaptor4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,379
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acie View Post
He could start by not settling for jumpers and take it to the hole. He is much, much quicker than both Bynum and Gasol.

He could learn to react quicker to the defense instead of stuttering and hesitating.

He could learn to make crisper passes out of the double team.
He started the game driving to the basket. He beat one 7-footer only to run into another one at the rim.

He could have been better.... but I just think that it's a pipe dream to think that ONE guy (and a PF at that) is going to be able to go off against the best team in the NBA. He was our ONLY real threat coming into the game. Every other elite team out there has multiple offensive threats down low AND on the perimeter.

Teams like BOS, LAL and DET are tailor-made to play against Bosh. They have athletic, skilled bigs who know how to guard as well as how to punish you on the offensive end.

Every single we find something to harp on about Bosh.... and yet every year he comes out better, with something new added to his game.

I have faith that he'll "get it" soon enough. People just have to calm down a bit.
TORaptor4Ever is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 01:28 PM   #82 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Superjudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 17,592
Representing:
Default

well now were talking delusion

Superjudge is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 01:35 PM   #83 (permalink)
landry fields forever

Administrator

 
Acie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Living in a van down by the river
Posts: 21,664
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever View Post
He started the game driving to the basket. He beat one 7-footer only to run into another one at the rim.

He could have been better.... but I just think that it's a pipe dream to think that ONE guy (and a PF at that) is going to be able to go off against the best team in the NBA. He was our ONLY real threat coming into the game. Every other elite team out there has multiple offensive threats down low AND on the perimeter.

Teams like BOS, LAL and DET are tailor-made to play against Bosh. They have athletic, skilled bigs who know how to guard as well as how to punish you on the offensive end.

Every single we find something to harp on about Bosh.... and yet every year he comes out better, with something new added to his game.

I have faith that he'll "get it" soon enough. People just have to calm down a bit.

And then he takes it hard at them and gets them in foul trouble...blah, blah, blah.


There's a big mental barrier blocking him from taking it to good teams. I know he'll get it eventually, but for chrisskes he's busting on Joey for doing the exact same thing...seems kind of ironic, doesn't it?
Acie is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 01:38 PM   #84 (permalink)
BOOBS

never too old.


 
INSIDER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: richmond hill
Posts: 11,489
Representing:
Default

so he played like crap vs the best team in the league.
he didnt fare too well against a future HOF'er in KG.
yet vs the Magic (2nd best team in the east), he posted 40/18.

he's 1 for 3 vs the leagues best teams.
INSIDER is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 01:47 PM   #85 (permalink)
landry fields forever

Administrator

 
Acie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Living in a van down by the river
Posts: 21,664
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by INSIDER View Post
so he played like crap vs the best team in the league.
he didnt fare too well against a future HOF'er in KG.
yet vs the Magic (2nd best team in the east), he posted 40/18.

he's 1 for 3 vs the leagues best teams.
Question...other than the 4th quarter of the Bobcats game, when's the last time he put the team on his back and willed them to victory?
Acie is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 01:50 PM   #86 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Senior Member
 
TORaptor4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,379
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acie View Post
Question...other than the 4th quarter of the Bobcats game, when's the last time he put the team on his back and willed them to victory?
Ummmm.... vs. ATL?
TORaptor4Ever is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 01:58 PM   #87 (permalink)
landry fields forever

Administrator

 
Acie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Living in a van down by the river
Posts: 21,664
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever View Post
Ummmm.... vs. ATL?
Joey, Kapono and the bench?
Acie is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 01:59 PM   #88 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Senior Member
 
TORaptor4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,379
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acie View Post
Joey, Kapono and the bench?
Did you expect Bosh to score 60 and beat the Hawks by himself or something?

If 33/10/8 + 3 BLKS isn't "putting the team on his back" then I don't know what to tell you.
TORaptor4Ever is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 01:59 PM   #89 (permalink)
------------------------

Senior Member
 
XiaominWu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 3,409
Representing:
Default

Man..... tough crowd.
XiaominWu is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 02:03 PM   #90 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Senior Member
 
TORaptor4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,379
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by XiaominWu View Post
Man..... tough crowd.
Joey's coming around.. Bargs is playing great... Bosh putting up MVP-type numbers.... and we lose to the best team in the league (WITHOUT JO) by about 12 points.... and people are still pissed.

Ya... I'd say so.
TORaptor4Ever is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 02:05 PM   #91 (permalink)
BOOBS

never too old.


 
INSIDER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: richmond hill
Posts: 11,489
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever View Post
Did you expect Bosh to score 60 and beat the Hawks by himself or something?

If 33/10/8 + 3 BLKS isn't "putting the team on his back" then I don't know what to tell you.
according to this group, when a player announces that he wants to be MVP - he must increase his scoring by 7 ppg, and rebounds by 5 a game.

therefore, if Bosh does not post 34 ppg and 16 rebs for 82 games- he is an utter failure. and cannot talk anymore.
INSIDER is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 02:06 PM   #92 (permalink)
hibernating

Retired Administrator
 
Benzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 7,289
Representing:
Default

It is the difference between being a great player and being great.

True greatness, will lead its team to victory when they are down, great players can put up great numbers, when they just don't matter
Benzo is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 02:07 PM   #93 (permalink)
------------------------

Senior Member
 
XiaominWu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 3,409
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by INSIDER View Post
according to this group, when a player announces that he wants to be MVP - he must increase his scoring by 7 ppg, and rebounds by 5 a game.

therefore, if Bosh does not post 34 ppg and 16 rebs for 82 games- he is an utter failure. and cannot talk anymore.
What if he came out and said he was aspiring to be 3rd-team all-star? Would we then accept a small decrease across the board?
XiaominWu is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 02:08 PM   #94 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Superjudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 17,592
Representing:
Default

heh, you monkey.

When he claims MVP, then says Nuff said and rolls his eyes..... thats when i draw my own line.

I;'m sure we all agre he's a wickd player, but he isn't an MVP yet, and he needs to learn to use his tongue a bit more wisely.

das all man.

das all!
Superjudge is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 02:08 PM   #95 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Senior Member
 
TORaptor4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,379
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzo View Post
It is the difference between being a great player and being great.

True greatness, will lead its team to victory when they are down, great players can put up great numbers, when they just don't matter
"True greatness" also has great teammates to play with.

For all his talent, I believe that Mr. Jordan won jack shit until he got Pippen and Grant and a great coach behind him.
TORaptor4Ever is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 02:09 PM   #96 (permalink)
BOOBS

never too old.


 
INSIDER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: richmond hill
Posts: 11,489
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzo View Post
It is the difference between being a great player and being great.

True greatness, will lead its team to victory when they are down, great players can put up great numbers, when they just don't matter
"when they just dont matter"?

since when are we beating teams by 20 ppg?
every game that Bosh posts 30/10+ is him leading this team/putting them on his back/and winning us the game.
period.
INSIDER is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 02:10 PM   #97 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Superjudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 17,592
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by XiaominWu View Post
What if he came out and said he was aspiring to be 3rd-team all-star? Would we then accept a small decrease across the board?
What if he just came out and spoke humbly about needing to improve.

what if he encouraged his mates and put the success all on them, and accepted the failure as his own.

Seems to me thats what greay players have always done.... Wu, you of all people, being a hockey guy can relate to that right?

He's learning.

When he's 26-27.... he'll be an MVP
Superjudge is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 02:10 PM   #98 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Senior Member
 
TORaptor4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,379
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post
heh, you monkey.

When he claims MVP, then says Nuff said and rolls his eyes..... thats when i draw my own line.

I;'m sure we all agre he's a wickd player, but he isn't an MVP yet, and he needs to learn to use his tongue a bit more wisely.

das all man.

das all!
Chris needs to come to Hoopdome so that you can dunk on his head and teach him some humility.

TORaptor4Ever is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 02:13 PM   #99 (permalink)
------------------------

Senior Member
 
XiaominWu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 3,409
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post
What if he just came out and spoke humbly about needing to improve.

what if he encouraged his mates and put the success all on them, and accepted the failure as his own.

Seems to me thats what greay players have always done.... Wu, you of all people, being a hockey guy can relate to that right?

He's learning.

When he's 26-27.... he'll be an MVP
He just deserves a bit of slack. There is way too much scrutiny on every little thing these guys say these days.
XiaominWu is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 02:15 PM   #100 (permalink)
landry fields forever

Administrator

 
Acie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Living in a van down by the river
Posts: 21,664
Representing:
Default

Question: When's the last time you've heard the eventual league MVP say they want to be MVP?
Acie is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Will Reggie Evans be our Saviour, or a Bust? INSIDER Toronto Raptors 23 11-27-2009 07:22 PM
This season or bust. TORaptor4Ever Toronto Raptors 92 09-12-2008 12:06 PM
2008 Nba Draft Class Bust!?!? Alvin_Williams_Rox NBA Talk 13 06-30-2008 12:36 PM
Gallinari Declares For NBA Draft Dr. J. Naismith Toronto Raptors 9 04-24-2008 11:29 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24