Big Wing player and Rim protector - Page 4
Old 05-07-2014, 11:22 AM   #61 (permalink)
is back baby

Large and in charge
 
Snooch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: All up in there
Posts: 8,160
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanH View Post
Patience grasshopper. 2015 will be your year.
Just another year of isolation plays to long twos.


sigh


I hope VC at least comes back so I can have that....
Snooch is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 11:48 AM   #62 (permalink)
is.....

Tai-Pan
 
m5racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,896
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snooch View Post

I hope VC at least comes back so I can have that....
If he does come back my signed purple/black jersey is gonna be worth a fortune again. And the best part is....I have 2


But in all seriousness, What we need is legit strting SF and PF. I love amir, but hes more of a 6th man bench guy. playing 30+min every game is going to leave him in the same position he was in this year....ankle trauma anyone?

Last edited by m5racer; 05-07-2014 at 11:51 AM.
m5racer is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 12:18 PM   #63 (permalink)
is back baby

Large and in charge
 
Snooch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: All up in there
Posts: 8,160
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5racer View Post
If he does come back my signed purple/black jersey is gonna be worth a fortune again. And the best part is....I have 2


But in all seriousness, What we need is legit strting SF and PF. I love amir, but hes more of a 6th man bench guy. playing 30+min every game is going to leave him in the same position he was in this year....ankle trauma anyone?
I really like Ross and still see him as a starter in the league, and a valuable one at that. Problem is only that he can get bodied by player bigger than him.

If Demar could at least guard the bigger guys our wings would be adequate.


However, number one top priority is that we need a bigman to run the p&r with Lowry as well as being able to score down low on a back down.
Snooch is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 12:50 PM   #64 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Membres supérieurs
 
DocHoliday99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Southern Alberta
Posts: 4,779
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjjs View Post
It's true - Matt Bonner plays the same role as Landry, but for the second best team in the NBA
Uhm...so?
DocHoliday99 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 01:02 PM   #65 (permalink)
Keep it simple

Senior Member
 
Dario's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Vancouver BC Canada
Posts: 8,302
Representing:
Send a message via Skype™ to Dario
Default

I hope VC at least comes back so I can have that....

this is getting a bit too extreme, vc wont do anything for us. its like big cat coming and playing in his final season. maybe not that bad, but still

Last edited by Dario; 05-07-2014 at 01:05 PM.
Dario is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 01:03 PM   #66 (permalink)
is back baby

Large and in charge
 
Snooch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: All up in there
Posts: 8,160
Representing:
Default

[quote=Dario;896450]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snooch View Post
Just another year of isolation plays to long twos.


sigh


I hope VC at least comes back so I can have that....[/QUOTE]

this is getting a bit too extreme, vc wont do anything for us. its like big cat coming and playing in his final season. maybe not that bad, but still
Im not expecting him to drop 30 a game.

Just play, make some shots, mybe hit a gamewinner, all in a rpas jersey again.
Snooch is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 02:10 PM   #67 (permalink)
A True Diamond In The Rough

Senior Member
 
The Diamond Scorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pluto
Posts: 2,767
Representing:
Default

As much as I wouldn't mind VC coming back, I think he ends up staying in Dallas. Cuban has already said on multiple occasions that he wants to keep his core and add on a piece or two. Dallas should only be really concerned about one position right now and that is the C. If they could steal Gortat away for the Wiz during this free agency period that will be huge for their team.
The Diamond Scorpion is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 02:14 PM   #68 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Membres supérieurs
 
DocHoliday99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Southern Alberta
Posts: 4,779
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Diamond Scorpion View Post
As much as I wouldn't mind VC coming back, I think he ends up staying in Dallas. Cuban has already said on multiple occasions that he wants to keep his core and add on a piece or two. Dallas should only be really concerned about one position right now and that is the C. If they could steal Gortat away for the Wiz during this free agency period that will be huge for their team.
I hope he stays there...besides, we gave his number away to another player and then rubbed his face in it.....

DocHoliday99 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 03:33 PM   #69 (permalink)
Likes raw prospects with a great work ethic...

Senior Member
 
LKeet6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Liverpool (UK)
Posts: 1,896
Representing:
Default

I was gonna suggest jared dudley, played great at the start of the season for clippers.

he does have 2 more years at 4.25mil tho. imo, 4.25 for a solid bench SF is pretty good?

could be got for almost nothing tho i reckon, buried on the clippers bench.
LKeet6 is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 03:40 PM   #70 (permalink)
LX
present minded

In the Paint


 
LX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 27,924
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKeet6 View Post
I was gonna suggest jared dudley, played great at the start of the season for clippers.

he does have 2 more years at 4.25mil tho. imo, 4.25 for a solid bench SF is pretty good?

could be got for almost nothing tho i reckon, buried on the clippers bench.
Jared would be a really nice pickup. He played very well in previous seasons. Does a bit of everything. I always worry when a guy is benched for long stretches though.
LX is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 03:42 PM   #71 (permalink)
Likes raw prospects with a great work ethic...

Senior Member
 
LKeet6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Liverpool (UK)
Posts: 1,896
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LX View Post
Jared would be a really nice pickup. He played very well in previous seasons. Does a bit of everything. I always worry when a guy is benched for long stretches though.
surely due to clippers' amazing depth?
LKeet6 is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 03:44 PM   #72 (permalink)
LOG
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
LOG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Toronto
Posts: 8,424
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! View Post
They wouldn't.

More realistic:

NBA Trade Machine - ESPN
Still not enough imo. You think they will give up two good players to save $?
LOG is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 04:45 PM   #73 (permalink)
LX
present minded

In the Paint


 
LX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 27,924
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKeet6 View Post
surely due to clippers' amazing depth?
his game fell off quite a bit as well. Just didn't fit somehow.
LX is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 05:36 PM   #74 (permalink)
A True Diamond In The Rough

Senior Member
 
The Diamond Scorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pluto
Posts: 2,767
Representing:
Default

Dudley could be a decent player on our team, but he had a horrible year. I agree, we could easily get him for nothing. It would be a slight risk though as he could end up being Fields 2.0, have 1 good year and the rest shitty.

If management ends up wanting to move TH, they could possibly see if the Clips would do Dudley for TH straight up. My only issue with it is Dudley's second year salary which would effect our cap space in 2015.

Last edited by The Diamond Scorpion; 05-07-2014 at 05:39 PM.
The Diamond Scorpion is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 05:37 PM   #75 (permalink)
Sick, Wicked, and Nasty!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 3,223
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LX View Post
his game fell off quite a bit as well. Just didn't fit somehow.
I don't know how old Dudley is but he would always play well against us in previous seasons when he was with teams like the Bobcats. To me that seems like a long time ago. Maybe his game fell off so much because he is getting old and the skills and "athleticism" are dropping. If that is the case then I don't want him. If he still has it then I'd take him. He has the ability to fill the role that Landry Fields was supposed to as the tough D wing guy off the bench that can hit the open 3.
Admiral is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 06:38 PM   #76 (permalink)
LOG
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
LOG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Toronto
Posts: 8,424
Representing:
Default

What about Hayward? he is RFA, If he could be had for 7-8mil I would do it
LOG is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 06:41 PM   #77 (permalink)
I believe in Masai!

giant steps

 
'trane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,593
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOG View Post
What about Hayward? he is RFA, If he could be had for 7-8mil I would do it
he would be amazing, but we won't have the money unless someone wants to take fields and/or hayes.
'trane is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 06:53 PM   #78 (permalink)
LOG
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
LOG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Toronto
Posts: 8,424
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'trane View Post
he would be amazing, but we won't have the money unless someone wants to take fields and/or hayes.
Salmons is non guaranteed, so if we get rid of him, Decolo, Buyks, Stone try to unload Novak wouldn't we have enough?
LOG is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 08:58 PM   #79 (permalink)
sticking to his guns... is stuck to his guns...

Senior Member

 
DanH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Montreal, QC
Posts: 4,282
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOG View Post
Salmons is non guaranteed, so if we get rid of him, Decolo, Buyks, Stone try to unload Novak wouldn't we have enough?
Not if we want to re-sign Lowry, Patman and GV.
DanH is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 09:19 PM   #80 (permalink)
doesn't care where LeBron plays. Or Melo.

OY!!
 
niggles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Loch Ness
Posts: 2,771
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOG View Post
What about Hayward? he is RFA, If he could be had for 7-8mil I would do it
You're dreaming. Hayward's going to get at least 12. He's in high demand, and at 12 the Jazz would match in a heartbeat. Hayward turned down an extension during the season.
niggles is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24