Biedrins
Old 08-09-2010, 04:40 PM   #1 (permalink)
balling.

Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 51
Representing:
Default Biedrins

Steinmetz: Biedrins' Warrior Doubts

Looks like he wants out of GS. Raps could use him!
merlin2049er is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 04:45 PM   #2 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,485
Representing:
Default

for what pg? lol.... we don't have the assets to get him... unless it's something like banks, evans expirings and our first.... but I think that's a mistake.
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 04:55 PM   #3 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 691
Representing:
Default

Hes a good defensive player, but I doubt we could get him.
JackAstors is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 05:01 PM   #4 (permalink)
baking the cookies of discontent.

Corner 3


 
finstock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 3,140
Representing:
Default

What's the Latvian community like in Toronto? hehe... I don't think we have what the Warriors are looking for. Maybe Jose, because they don't play D either. But with Ellis and Curry, he'd be an expensive back up. Perhaps they'd be interested in Amir as well. Who the fuck knows - it's the Warriors.

And for those of you too lazy to read the article, Biedrins is upset because Don Nelson asked him to shoot free throws underhanded. A trifle fragile, no?

finstock is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 05:10 PM   #5 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Superjudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 17,593
Representing:
Default

are you fucking serious, Nelson punked him in front of his peers man.

He has a right to be angry.

Nice Lamp BTW. Classic Movie.

You'll shoot your eye out kid!
Superjudge is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 05:34 PM   #6 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,485
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post
are you fucking serious, Nelson punked him in front of his peers man.

He has a right to be angry.

Nice Lamp BTW. Classic Movie.

You'll shoot your eye out kid!
well said.....
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 07:13 PM   #7 (permalink)
useless

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,200
Representing:
Default

I don't think Don Nelson's tactic was the best, but the guy definitely needs to learn how to shoot a free throw. He was 4/25 in 33 games last year.

If the other team is in the penalty it's a high percentage play to foul him every time he touches the ball, which really negates his usefulness as a good rebounder in key situations.

Personally, I think some tall players with flat shots could do better if they used the glass and some backspin on their free throws. Plus if it doesn't go in it's a long rebound. I don't see how an underhanded free throw could work better.

I don't see that we have anything GS would want in a trade. It seems they'd need to take a PF/C back in return.

Last edited by EggsToTheBBQ; 08-09-2010 at 07:16 PM.
EggsToTheBBQ is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 07:34 PM   #8 (permalink)
Waiting for DD's 1st in game wind mill Dunk

Senior Member

 
halphbreedballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: T.O.
Posts: 4,741
Representing:
Default

Yah I'm not sure we need biedrins unless we can get him for a really lopsided deal like:

Alabi, Dorsey, Jose & our Heat 1st 4 Biedrins

Even then it's not a good deal for the warriors...

With Bosh a move like this is solid with out Bosh it's meh?

Becuase I want to get Davis every opportunity to play!
halphbreedballer is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 07:39 PM   #9 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,485
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EggsToTheBBQ View Post
I don't think Don Nelson's tactic was the best, but the guy definitely needs to learn how to shoot a free throw. He was 4/25 in 33 games last year.

If the other team is in the penalty it's a high percentage play to foul him every time he touches the ball, which really negates his usefulness as a good rebounder in key situations.

Personally, I think some tall players with flat shots could do better if they used the glass and some backspin on their free throws. Plus if it doesn't go in it's a long rebound. I don't see how an underhanded free throw could work better.

I don't see that we have anything GS would want in a trade. It seems they'd need to take a PF/C back in return.
it is much easier to get a better angle for the ball to go through the hoop by throwing underhand..... though it is embarrassing.... that's how it would work better.... alot of the taller players are almost shooting even at the net....
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 07:40 PM   #10 (permalink)
Waiting for DD's 1st in game wind mill Dunk

Senior Member

 
halphbreedballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: T.O.
Posts: 4,741
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
it is much easier to get a better angle for the ball to go through the hoop by throwing underhand..... though it is embarrassing.... that's how it would work better.... alot of the taller players are almost shooting even at the net....
Have you ever seen Biedrins shoot a FT?

He has a hitch before in his follow through:

halphbreedballer is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 07:44 PM   #11 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,485
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by halphbreedballer View Post
Have you ever seen Biedrins shoot a FT?

He has a hitch in his follow through:

YouTube- ‪Andris Biedrins Shooting Free Throws‬‎
yeah I have, but it doesn't change my point
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 07:45 PM   #12 (permalink)
useless

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,200
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
it is much easier to get a better angle for the ball to go through the hoop by throwing underhand..... though it is embarrassing.... that's how it would work better.... alot of the taller players are almost shooting even at the net....
It's harder to aim shooting underhand. And the spin is going the wrong way.

By using the glass you get a better angle also. It's much easier to aim (even easier than not using the glass, IMO). The spin is also in the wrong direction, same as underhand, since the ball is traveling the same direction as the spin. So, you don't get the benefit of shooter's bounce as much.

It's not ideal, but shooting FTs off the glass has more positives than shooting underhand.
EggsToTheBBQ is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 07:48 PM   #13 (permalink)
useless

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,200
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by halphbreedballer View Post
Have you ever seen Biedrins shoot a FT?

He has a hitch before in his follow through:
Yikes, it looks he's using just his wrist to shoot.
EggsToTheBBQ is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 07:49 PM   #14 (permalink)
Waiting for DD's 1st in game wind mill Dunk

Senior Member

 
halphbreedballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: T.O.
Posts: 4,741
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EggsToTheBBQ View Post
It's harder to aim shooting underhand. And the spin is going the wrong way.

By using the glass you get a better angle also. It's much easier to aim (even easier than not using the glass, IMO). The spin is also in the wrong direction, same as underhand, since the ball is traveling the same direction as the spin. So, you don't get the benefit of shooter's bounce as much.

It's not ideal, but shooting FTs off the glass has more positives than shooting underhand.
True it is easier but no one does it? I always wondered why?

Shaq should just start shooting off the back board LOL
halphbreedballer is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 07:51 PM   #15 (permalink)
Waiting for DD's 1st in game wind mill Dunk

Senior Member

 
halphbreedballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: T.O.
Posts: 4,741
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
yeah I have, but it doesn't change my point
personally when I first started playing basketball I shot under hand in like grade 4 & It was friggin hard!!!

When I was shown hao to shoot over hand, once I got enough strength it was night & day the difference...
halphbreedballer is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 08:06 PM   #16 (permalink)
useless

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,200
Representing:
Default

I think what I'd do with Biedrins is put a splint on his wrist and make him shoot with just his arms for a week. It would be ugly, but after he learned to use his arms I'd take the splint off and work on follow through.
EggsToTheBBQ is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 08:10 PM   #17 (permalink)
waiting while

Sending out an S.O.S.
 
T.RIK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Down under
Posts: 212
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EggsToTheBBQ View Post
It's harder to aim shooting underhand. And the spin is going the wrong way.

By using the glass you get a better angle also. It's much easier to aim (even easier than not using the glass, IMO). The spin is also in the wrong direction, same as underhand, since the ball is traveling the same direction as the spin. So, you don't get the benefit of shooter's bounce as much.

It's not ideal, but shooting FTs off the glass has more positives than shooting underhand.
You have no idea what you are talking about.

Aside from the unwanted extra force needed, using glass on a free throw changes the direction of ball, thus the giving the wrong rotation to the ball than what is needed (really basic physics here, it would be like trying to shoot a free throw with top spin).

Underhand free throws are not like finger rolls so the spin is the correct rotation needed, watch the video to learn.

T.RIK is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 08:19 PM   #18 (permalink)
Waiting for DD's 1st in game wind mill Dunk

Senior Member

 
halphbreedballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: T.O.
Posts: 4,741
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.RIK View Post
You have no idea what you are talking about.

Aside from the unwanted extra force needed, using glass on a free throw changes the direction of ball, thus the giving the wrong rotation to the ball than what is needed (really basic physics here, it would be like trying to shoot a free throw with top spin).

Underhand free throws are not like finger rolls so the spin is the correct rotation needed, watch the video to learn.

YouTube - ‪Red on Roundball: Rick Barry underhand free throw‬‎
Either way shooting properly is better!! Just ask about 400 or so different players in the NBA which way is better?
halphbreedballer is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 08:31 PM   #19 (permalink)
waiting while

Sending out an S.O.S.
 
T.RIK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Down under
Posts: 212
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by halphbreedballer View Post
Either way shooting properly is better!! Just ask about 400 or so different players in the NBA which way is better?
Certainly that is correct.

However, I wasn't promoting the use of shooting underhand free throws over the use of shooting free throws with the modern day (proper) form, I was simply replying to an incorrect post.
T.RIK is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 08:33 PM   #20 (permalink)
Lao Wai
is pounding the rock! (Edit)

Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Representing:
Default

He would be a good pick-up but there are injury concerns with him.
He will never be a scorer but will give you 10RPG, 10PPG, 1.8APG, 1.5 BPG
He is 26.
Free Throws is all about practise few 100 everyday and a shooting coach.
Deal could be made with another team.
Plus it is unlikely Nellie will be the coach.
  Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24