Best mascots in sports
Old 03-22-2010, 02:10 PM   #1 (permalink)
landry fields forever

Administrator

 
Acie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Living in a van down by the river
Posts: 22,045
Representing:
Best mascots in sports

Quote:




The Toronto Raptors mascot slam dunks the ball through fireworks during an intermission in first half NBA action against the Boston Celtics in Toronto on November 2, 1999. It was the Raptors home opener.


An original member of Canada's NBA team, this raucous red dinosaur has been wowing crowds since 1995 with amazing dunks, crazy stunts and all kinds of playful pranks. The Raptor, whose athletic routine owes a lot to the aforementioned Phoenix Gorilla, has become equally famous in his own right ... for eating a cheerleader, a stunt that was caught on video at a recent game. Ranked as mascot of the year by Gameops.com in 2006, the Raptor has made over 3500 appearances for fans in Canada, the United States, Europe and China.

LINK -MSN.com
Acie is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 02:15 PM   #2 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 80,651
Representing:
Default

Nice!!

I've always loved our mascot.



Youppi though? Really? He's one of the strangest mascots i've ever seen, probably as bad as the Phillie fanatic.


BTW, Stanford TREE?

Last edited by jeffb; 03-22-2010 at 02:17 PM.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 02:16 PM   #3 (permalink)
the next dictator of MLSE

fresh and clean
 
Windex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: uʍop ɹǝpun
Posts: 22,524
Representing:
Default

in the NBA, its the Raptor
even Oreilly called him a pinhead and was laughing when he ate the cheerleader
Windex is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 03:01 PM   #4 (permalink)
a big titty

Member
 
big_titty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 428
Representing:
Default

The Raptor is cool. But the best I've seen is the Sasquatch from the Seattle Supersonics (may he RIP).
big_titty is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 03:04 PM   #5 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 80,651
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_titty View Post
The Raptor is cool. But the best I've seen is the Sasquatch from the Seattle Supersonics (may he RIP).
Really? This?

jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 03:07 PM   #6 (permalink)
a big titty

Member
 
big_titty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 428
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Really? This?

Yeah hes pretty cool. He has nothing to do with supersonics but whatever.
big_titty is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 03:09 PM   #7 (permalink)
is.....

Tai-Pan
 
m5racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,904
Representing:
Default

Na, the Raptor is definitely the best mascot ever lol. When ever i go to games with my girlfriend he loves watching his antics more the the game....and she likes watching basketball.
m5racer is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 03:13 PM   #8 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 80,651
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5racer View Post
Na, the Raptor is definitely the best mascot ever lol. When ever i go to games with my girlfriend he loves watching his antics more the the game....and she likes watching basketball.
Hahhh, mine too. She's always said we had the best mascot.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 03:25 PM   #9 (permalink)
hey babie you with the C-sectoin and no kids. I know DINO he will get us in :D

Senior Member
 
Dino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 318
Representing:
Default

I think the Raptor is the best mascot with association to the theme of a professional organization.

Wild Wing ad Phillie Phanatic are pretty cool as well.
Dino is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 04:07 PM   #10 (permalink)
is dead inside

you ain't bout that life
 
Gurk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 22,108
Representing:
Default

Raptor is the best. That's why he is there at every ASG. Has the raptor always been the same guy?
Gurk is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 04:11 PM   #11 (permalink)
hey babie you with the C-sectoin and no kids. I know DINO he will get us in :D

Senior Member
 
Dino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 318
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurk View Post
Raptor is the best. That's why he is there at every ASG. Has the raptor always been the same guy?
I don't think so. I know last year the Raptor got injured, and yet he was back the next game so I think its a 2 man show probably.
Dino is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 04:27 PM   #12 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 80,651
Representing:
Default

jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 04:29 PM   #13 (permalink)
is dead inside

you ain't bout that life
 
Gurk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 22,108
Representing:
Default

Gurk is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 04:35 PM   #14 (permalink)
is.....

Tai-Pan
 
m5racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,904
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino View Post
I don't think so. I know last year the Raptor got injured, and yet he was back the next game so I think its a 2 man show probably.
I think it is the same guy...his number is 95 being the year he started working for the raps....even if he was 20 then he would be 35 so this guy must be getting up there.

Anyone know what the guy actually looks like?
m5racer is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 04:44 PM   #15 (permalink)
blah!

nosce te ipsum


 
fancylad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: east side.
Posts: 14,623
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Nice!!

I've always loved our mascot.



Youppi though? Really? He's one of the strangest mascots i've ever seen, probably as bad as the Phillie fanatic.


BTW, Stanford TREE?
dude, you are crazy.

As soon as i opened the link i was expecting to see Youppi! - easily one of the greatest mascots in all of sports. Same thing with the Philly fanatic. That's what mascots are supposed to be like.


I will also take this opportunity to say what a crying shame it is that BJ birdie is no longer around. Now THAT was a great mascot. Stupid, stupid blue jays and their stupid way of modern thinking. Damn still pisses me off.

Last edited by fancylad; 03-22-2010 at 04:47 PM.
fancylad is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 04:50 PM   #16 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 80,651
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fancylad View Post
dude, you are crazy.

As soon as i opened the link i was expecting to see Youppi! - easily one of the greatest mascots in all of sports. Same thing with the Philly fanatic. That's what mascots are supposed to be like.


I will also take this opportunity to say what a crying shame it is that BJ birdie is no longer around. Now THAT was a great mascot. Stupid, stupid blue jays and their stupid way of modern thinking. Damn still pisses me off.


better then

jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 06:46 PM   #17 (permalink)
baking the cookies of discontent.

Corner 3
 
finstock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 3,140
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Really? This?

The best mascot in the history of western civilization.. It's very creative and makes perfect sense despite common perception of said mascot - a supersonic isn't really a tangible thing and bigfoot is synonomous with the pacific northwest..
finstock is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 06:54 PM   #18 (permalink)
blah!

nosce te ipsum


 
fancylad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: east side.
Posts: 14,623
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneironaught View Post
The best mascot in the history of western civilization.. It's very creative and makes perfect sense despite common perception of said mascot - a supersonic isn't really a tangible thing and bigfoot is synonomous with the pacific northwest..
He's good, but i repeat... he's no Youppi! Who has made more children and seniors smile than any other mascot. fact.
fancylad is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 06:56 PM   #19 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 80,651
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fancylad View Post
He's good, but i repeat... he's no Youppi! Who has made more children and seniors smile than any other mascot. fact.
WTF is youppie anyways. I don't det it, an orange dude?
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 06:58 PM   #20 (permalink)
a big titty

Member
 
big_titty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 428
Representing:
Default


I was there when this happened. I think they played the Raptors. He broke some kind of world record doing this dunk. Good game I remember Rasho being posterized by Durant.

The Raptor is definitely among the best but Squatch was just too awesome. He could dance, do acrobatics, and he would do shit to fans in the crowd. The worst mascot is Portland's...I dont even know what hes supposed to be.
big_titty is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24