BC scheduled to talk to the media tomorrow
Old 06-21-2010, 10:31 PM   #1 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Banned
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 81,104
Representing:
BC scheduled to talk to the media tomorrow

Don't know what this is about, but i don't remember him doing this before the draft before. Or am i wrong?

Quote:
Bryan Colangelo will meet with the media tomorrow, first time in a while
about 6 hours ago via web
Ryan Wolstat (Torsuncourtside) on Twitter
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 10:42 PM   #2 (permalink)
Landing flight 31

Senior Member
 
0nekhmer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Brampton Ontario
Posts: 3,304
Representing:
Default

sweet, its always interesting when BC talks! he barely does!
0nekhmer is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 10:45 PM   #3 (permalink)
a big titty

Member
 
big_titty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 426
Representing:
Default

I highly doubt he is going to say anything too shocking. He is just going to talk about how he wants to keep Bosh and build around him and such.
big_titty is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 10:47 PM   #4 (permalink)
waiting for the Masai-a

on ihateus
 
Torontosaurus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Victoria, home of the Nash-ites
Posts: 3,859
Representing:
Default

Announcing some huge godfather-like trade that nets us Chris Paul plzzz! Here's hoping..
Torontosaurus is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 10:47 PM   #5 (permalink)
not dead inside

Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 104
Representing:
Default

maybe a trade perhaps? a lot of talk going on lately (past 2 weeks)
RapsLeafs90 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 10:50 PM   #6 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Banned
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 81,104
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_titty View Post
I highly doubt he is going to say anything too shocking. He is just going to talk about how he wants to keep Bosh and build around him and such.
The thing is, he already did that and said those things. Not saying you're wrong but he usually doesn't do this prior to the draft. He has his end of season media discussion and that's about it until draft and then he speaks to the media. This just seems out of the ordinary.

The only thing i could think if is that apparently due to the G20 he won't be available for the media the day after the draft or anytime thereafter until at least the end of next week. So maybe that's the reason, to discuss the draft, Bosh, team plans etc....
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 10:50 PM   #7 (permalink)
"Where's my Money"

Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 153
Representing:
Default Dream...

Maybe I'm dreaming..but wouldn't be wonderfull if Bryan Colangelo said we just acquired CHRIS PAUL...
Anyone know when his news conference is tomorrow...
Dr Hannibal Lecter is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 10:52 PM   #8 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Banned
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 81,104
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Hannibal Lecter View Post
Maybe I'm dreaming..but wouldn't be wonderfull if Bryan Colangelo said we just acquired CHRIS PAUL...
Anyone know when his news conference is tomorrow...
No. I assume we'll no more by mid-late morning. Usually it's like at 3pm.
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 10:55 PM   #9 (permalink)
is pounding

Senior Member
 
VanCity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 4,073
Representing:
Default

i hate his press conferences....hes like a used car salesman....i buy everything he says only to be disappointed later on...
VanCity is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 10:59 PM   #10 (permalink)
whatever

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: toronto
Posts: 10,417
Representing:
Default

My best guess is that he'll anounce the general direction. Whatever uncertainty we had a month ago, it's probably gone. That means he knows whether we keep or trade bosh. I doubt this will be just a generic media scrum, that would be pointless.

Now here's the kicker (IMO). Trades are almost never announces in a media conference. They usually leak out in advance because the league is informed first. That actually makes it a decent probability that the announcement is about a new contract for bosh. Even if the contract can only be signed in July, announcing it now would make it easier to make trades, as we'd be more attractive to other players. The opposite is far less likely, there would be no incentive to announce Bosh will leave, we'd gain nothing out of that.
moremilk is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 11:03 PM   #11 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Banned
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 81,104
Representing:
Default

I just think he's doing this press conference now instead of Friday because of the G20 summit. Last week D. Smith said there would be no presser after the draft to introduce any pick we take because of the G20.
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 11:22 PM   #12 (permalink)
Psi
Only likes Hockey with 'Fantasy' infront of it

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 1,898
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torontosaurus View Post
Announcing some huge godfather-like trade that nets us Chris Paul plzzz! Here's hoping..
IF the raps do that I'll have a home/away/alternate jersey being made within 2 minutes of the announcement.

But that'll never happen
Psi is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 11:33 PM   #13 (permalink)
raps are back!

Senior Member
 
ha123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 560
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Hannibal Lecter View Post
Maybe I'm dreaming..but wouldn't be wonderfull if Bryan Colangelo said we just acquired CHRIS PAUL...
Anyone know when his news conference is tomorrow...
I am hoping lebron james!
ha123 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 11:58 PM   #14 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 150
Representing:
Default

HE IS GOING TO RESIGN!!!!!! BECAUSE NO ONE WANTS TO PLAY FOR TORONTO EXCEPT MASATER P!!!!MAKE EM SAYYY UHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
CallTheAmbulance is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 12:06 AM   #15 (permalink)
feeling the wind

Senior Member
 
LJkAze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 2,058
Representing:
Default

Sorry a little bit off topic to start off. Man last week was an exciting week because of E32010; Nintendo during these past few years has been very crappy and Sony and Microsoft has been owning it. This year Sony and MS just totally got f'ed over by Nintendo with the announcement of the 3DS(This handheld is going to be a beast), new Zelda, new Kirby, new Donkey Kong, and many more(I almost had a heart attack). Anyways if tomorrow BC announce that Bosh is staying and bringing in D-Wade and many more i'm going to go insane like him.

LJkAze is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 12:26 AM   #16 (permalink)
In cleveland stalking Anthony Parker

Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Malton
Posts: 188
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJkAze View Post
Sorry a little bit off topic to start off. Man last week was an exciting week because of E32010; Nintendo during these past few years has been very crappy and Sony and Microsoft has been owning it. This year Sony and MS just totally got f'ed over by Nintendo with the announcement of the 3DS(This handheld is going to be a beast), new Zelda, new Kirby, new Donkey Kong, and many more(I almost had a heart attack). Anyways if tomorrow BC announce that Bosh is staying and bringing in D-Wade and many more i'm going to go insane like him.

IDK the 3D's seems too good to be true. Its probably going to suck except for some games. Oh and the fact thet Microsoft announced Kinnect. which is just like the Wii. I doubt Nintendo will be any good this year. Although im looking forward to the New Donkey Kong.
AP we miss you!!!!!!!!!!! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 12:59 AM   #17 (permalink)
is getting to the line..

Senior Member
 
Ex2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 4,300
Representing:
Default

Correct me if im wrong but didnt Bosh say he wants to "Test" Free agency...

That would mean that no other teams are officially allowed to talk to him until July 1st...

If this is the case then i dont see the annoucement being that Bosh has resigned..
Ex2k is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 02:04 AM   #18 (permalink)
hopefully we use our draft pick this year, let's not miss out this years Rodney hood

Senior Member
 
rapsmannn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 4,093
Representing:
Default

Its probably about draft day, I'm hoping for a trade
rapsmannn is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 07:19 AM   #19 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Banned
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 81,104
Representing:
Default

Words we can expect to hear..."Procress", "evaluate", options", "assets"....any others?
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 07:33 AM   #20 (permalink)
stank

member
 
Someguy again's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 6,401
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJkAze View Post
Sorry a little bit off topic to start off. Man last week was an exciting week because of E32010; Nintendo during these past few years has been very crappy and Sony and Microsoft has been owning it. This year Sony and MS just totally got f'ed over by Nintendo with the announcement of the 3DS(This handheld is going to be a beast), new Zelda, new Kirby, new Donkey Kong, and many more(I almost had a heart attack). Anyways if tomorrow BC announce that Bosh is staying and bringing in D-Wade and many more i'm going to go insane like him.

we have a video game thread for these posts, please use them.
Someguy again is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:18 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24