Bargs' good games
Old 02-25-2008, 01:46 PM   #1 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
alseaf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 132
Representing:
Default Bargs' good games

I don't know if it's just me, but it seems like most of Bargniani's good games (pts scoring-wise) come when Bosh is having a bad game and is sitting on the bench for an extended period of time. This may be because he gets more touches, but i dunno... anyone else see this or am I overreaching?
alseaf is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 01:48 PM   #2 (permalink)
hibernating

Retired Administrator
 
Benzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 7,287
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alseaf View Post
I don't know if it's just me, but it seems like most of Bargniani's good games (pts scoring-wise) come when Bosh is having a bad game and is sitting on the bench for an extended period of time. This may be because he gets more touches, but i dunno... anyone else see this or am I overreaching?
You are absolutly right sir.
Benzo is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 01:52 PM   #3 (permalink)
praying Drummond doesnt haunt us forever.

Senior Member

 
Ball Don't Lie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 10,198
Representing:
Default

Smitch doesnt run enough plays for him. When hes going against big guys hes very hard to stop when he gets it in the midrange area either to just take the open 18 footer or drive it in and get fouled or try to dunk it or kick out to the open shooter. He just doesnt get enough touches on a consistant basis because really, we only run 2 plays, and hes not really part of them unless hes spotting up at the 3 point line off a kickout. Hopefully next year and on he gets more plays run for him.
Ball Don't Lie is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 02:44 PM   #4 (permalink)
a paranoid android

My name is Iņigo Montoya

 
Belsius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Madrid, Spain
Posts: 10,544
Representing:
Default

because they are good at the same position. Bosh and Bargs both do better when Rasho is playing C for obvious reasons.
Belsius is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 03:07 PM   #5 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: dominican republic baby
Posts: 566
Representing:
Default

Because Bargs is a better PF or SG then he is a C... he didnt really go inside much last night, hell he took 10 treys...
pimpery is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 03:09 PM   #6 (permalink)
adoring his baby girl.

Senior Member
 
Sick, Wicked and Nasty!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Canada eh?
Posts: 3,288
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpery View Post
Because Bargs is a better PF or SG then he is a C... he didnt really go inside much last night, hell he took 10 treys...
He drove early to set himself up for those open 3's as the game went along. That's what we need from him... inside and out...different defenses will demand one over the other but he needs the other team's defense to be aware of both options for him to be successful..so he either needs to hit a couple quick threes or drive a couple times early to set the tone. I think we can all agree, driving against the other team's 5 is easier than hitting a couple early threes..and I'm certain that's the strategy the coaching stafff has set out for him.
Sick, Wicked and Nasty! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 03:32 PM   #7 (permalink)
BOOBS

never too old.


 
INSIDER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: richmond hill
Posts: 11,400
Representing:
Default

i dunno.... i think its more about him starting early and getting into a rythm.
he had 10 first quarter points... and Bosh played the majority of the 1st.
INSIDER is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 10:36 PM   #8 (permalink)
whatever

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: toronto
Posts: 8,855
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by INSIDER View Post
i dunno.... i think its more about him starting early and getting into a rythm.
he had 10 first quarter points... and Bosh played the majority of the 1st.
of course it is, the moment he misses 2-3 shots, he's out. That's how Mitchell understands "teaching" ... Tonight he had 4 rebounds, some of them difficult ones, but he didn't make his shots and he had 3 turnovers (1 inexistant), and there you go, andreea's on the bench for the rest of the half ... Of course, when Bosh is out, Sam kind of has to play him, so the aboves no longer apply ...
moremilk is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 10:51 PM   #9 (permalink)
landry fields forever

Administrator

 
Acie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Living in a van down by the river
Posts: 21,530
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by moremilk View Post
of course it is, the moment he misses 2-3 shots, he's out. That's how Mitchell understands "teaching" ... Tonight he had 4 rebounds, some of them difficult ones, but he didn't make his shots and he had 3 turnovers (1 inexistant), and there you go, andreea's on the bench for the rest of the half ... Of course, when Bosh is out, Sam kind of has to play him, so the aboves no longer apply ...

I'm not too sure what your point is? The bench got us back in the game after he came out in the first and then Indiana went small, so Bosh was the only big on the floor.
Acie is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 11:00 PM   #10 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
alseaf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 132
Representing:
Default

honesty, wtf do they have Bargs do in practice? Why the fuck does not know how to stay out of foul trouble, and why is he so out of control when driving to the hole? FUCKKKK.
alseaf is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 02:16 AM   #11 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: dominican republic baby
Posts: 566
Representing:
Default

Im sorry, the excuses for him are draining on me, its not Sams fault he doesnt bring intangibles when his shot is going down, its not sams fault that he rarely and i mean rarely strings 2gether 2 solid performances in a row this year. He is the head coach of an entire team, he cant just concentrate on one guy who isnt improving, we dont know whats going down in practice, but its obviously Bargs game hasnt improved since last year. Work ethic is what Sam loves, why do you think he loves Moon? The kid makes more then his share of mistakes, but he is an energizer bunny always trying to make plays. Bargs looks bored and confused out there on many an occassion, and sam is doing the best he can to win games and get us some home court.
pimpery is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 06:27 PM   #12 (permalink)
Kuzzy
is pounding the rock! (Edit)

Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Representing:
Default

Im just stil sitting here dreaming of the DUO to execute and live up to there hype.
  Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 08:40 PM   #13 (permalink)
whatever

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: toronto
Posts: 8,855
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpery View Post
Im sorry, the excuses for him are draining on me, its not Sams fault he doesnt bring intangibles when his shot is going down, its not sams fault that he rarely and i mean rarely strings 2gether 2 solid performances in a row this year. He is the head coach of an entire team, he cant just concentrate on one guy who isnt improving, we dont know whats going down in practice, but its obviously Bargs game hasnt improved since last year. Work ethic is what Sam loves, why do you think he loves Moon? The kid makes more then his share of mistakes, but he is an energizer bunny always trying to make plays. Bargs looks bored and confused out there on many an occassion, and sam is doing the best he can to win games and get us some home court.
what "intangibles" are you talking about, when he was pulled out last night he had 4 rebounds, twice as many as Bosh ... He was active on both ends, the turnovers he comitted were while trying to create something, not stupid travelling calls at the 3pt line. I thought he was our best player the first 5 minutes, even with his shot being off and all that.

As for Indiana going small, I guess next time we play orland, we should play only guards, maybe they will go small too ... Of course Indiana went small, because they had troubles defending both Bosh and Bargnani. But I can guarantee you that Sam didn't take Andreea out because of that reason ...
moremilk is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 09:06 PM   #14 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
alseaf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 132
Representing:
Default

Well that reminds me, wasn't it reported that Smitch didn't utter a single word to Bargs for like a month a few weeks back? It makes me wonder about the relationship between Sam and Bargs.
alseaf is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 09:16 PM   #15 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: dominican republic baby
Posts: 566
Representing:
Default

i like how every1 ignores his FG% is one of the worst in the league, period. That has nothing to do with PT, he is just not taking good shots and not hitting reguarly, he hovers around 40% in FG... not acceptable for a starting C in the D league, nevermind the NBA.
pimpery is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 09:30 PM   #16 (permalink)
whatever

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: toronto
Posts: 8,855
Representing:
Default

as I said in the other thread, Andreea is shooting about the same (better from 3pt) as Mehmet Okur, which is the starting center for one of the best teams in the league (and an all-star last season). I guess the Jazz didn't get the memo that 42% is not acceptable for a center ...
moremilk is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 09:49 PM   #17 (permalink)
landry fields forever

Administrator

 
Acie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Living in a van down by the river
Posts: 21,530
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by moremilk View Post
what "intangibles" are you talking about, when he was pulled out last night he had 4 rebounds, twice as many as Bosh ... He was active on both ends, the turnovers he comitted were while trying to create something, not stupid travelling calls at the 3pt line. I thought he was our best player the first 5 minutes, even with his shot being off and all that.

As for Indiana going small, I guess next time we play orland, we should play only guards, maybe they will go small too ... Of course Indiana went small, because they had troubles defending both Bosh and Bargnani. But I can guarantee you that Sam didn't take Andreea out because of that reason ...
I love the slant you're putting on things..."when he was pulled out." He was taken out at roughly the same time as Bosh after playing all but two minutes of the first quarter.

You can guarantee? You're right, Sam's hates him so much he punished him by not having him out there covering Dunleavy and Granger on the perimeter.
Acie is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 12:50 AM   #18 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: dominican republic baby
Posts: 566
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by moremilk View Post
as I said in the other thread, Andreea is shooting about the same (better from 3pt) as Mehmet Okur, which is the starting center for one of the best teams in the league (and an all-star last season). I guess the Jazz didn't get the memo that 42% is not acceptable for a center ...
Prob why he is averaging 5 less a game this year and wasnt an allstar, yes that is a pretty bad % aswell and pointing out another player doesnt justify Bargs piss poor near bottom of the league %, esp considering he is a supposed big man with a shooting touch. Still Okur is 3% higher which is a big diff in the grand sheme of things, and supposded Bargs has a better shot. Hell his 3 pt % is higher then his FG %... not many in the league can boost this stat (not sure many want to). Just say it for what it is, his shot selection is lacking many times, he isnt a good finisher around the basket, he often drives outta control with his head down and he doesnt finish with dunks often enough. I havent looked up all the C's in the league, but i seriously think he might have the lowest % of them all, all the excuses in the world cant make this acceptable.
pimpery is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 09:52 AM   #19 (permalink)
whatever

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: toronto
Posts: 8,855
Representing:
Default

actually it does, because they are similar players. Okur never had big percentages, that's because they shoot a lot of 3s. If Biedrins would shoot 3s, he wouldn't have percentages in the 60s either. Now, if you want to argue the effectiveness of a center with a 3pt shot, that's a different discution. Obviously Bryan believes in that, and there are many examples of very successful players (Rasheed, Okur, Dirk, Brad Miller), so there's nothing wrong in that. Obviously Andreea needs to learn the true center moves and stuff, nobody would argue that. But until he starts mixing stuff, he will have percentages like this - it's nothing "shameful", it's very normal ...
moremilk is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 03:53 PM   #20 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: dominican republic baby
Posts: 566
Representing:
Default

You see its not his 3 pt % bringing him down, if you read what i said his 3 pt % is bringing him up, its higher then his fg % so again, that arguement doesnt carry weight. If you think having the worst fg % among centres in the league is great, well fine, then he is doing awesome.
pimpery is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bargs ... a 4 or 5 Carlito Toronto Raptors 26 01-04-2010 06:01 PM
Will Bargs be as good as Nowitzki this year? tutti in your face Toronto Raptors 22 08-17-2009 01:17 PM
Grange: Bargs Just Isn't That Good .... But Could He Be? Dr. J. Naismith Toronto Raptors 10 03-02-2009 07:08 PM
Bargs. Benzo Toronto Raptors 3 03-02-2008 02:31 AM
Bargs Of Arc. Benzo Toronto Raptors 28 01-24-2008 05:12 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:12 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24