Bargnani's new found super effort on D - Page 3
Old 10-19-2012, 11:57 AM   #41 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Superjudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 17,593
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LX View Post
And finally, I see what I see SJ. I post that honestly. You want to suggest I have an agenda to promote my "self-imposed expertise" whatever the fuck that is supposed to mean? I think that's bullshit, and petty bullshit, and unnecessary. Talk fucking ball man, instead of trying to restrict others from doing so. Agree with an honest viewpoint, or present your own. If something is not a complete explanation, then maybe you can fill in the gaps one way or the other. beyond forty years of watching, that is another way i have learned to see the game. How hard is that?
Just didnt like the rudimentary quip yo. Reducing things as if these guys are simpletons isnt really valid for any of us. If that wasn't what ya meant, fine, you addressed it. relax. were good.
Superjudge is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 11:59 AM   #42 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Superjudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 17,593
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rimpianto View Post
Not sure about one thing. Sometimes you see him going out hedging (and we all agree is not that good at it) but then I don't see the rest of the defence rotating or doing it poorly.
They do at 0:30 and that looks a normal situation.
At 0:40 DeMar (I think is him) is following the cutter and the paint is protected by Val and Bargs is out covering the possible pass to the men at the top. In that situation if he follows he's wrong because leaves an open man, if he stays he's wrong because should have doubled?
0:51 he's just slow, on offence...
1:03 defence rotates and his man is perfectly covered by Val.
1:10 He has to cover opponent PG as he has beaten our guard, defence rotates and a mismatch in the paint.
1:28 that's not his man, which he's covering and boxing out.
1:36 same as 1:10
1:47 he hedges and defence doesn't rotate.

Some were simply brutal and I agree. He's generally very slow moving and reacting during these few games, but in general I see a lack of organization by the entire defence and he's clearly not the one who can make it straight.
He's barely able to do his own part, if you ask him to think for all the others on the court that's what you get.
Good post.

Thats the point, too often all you get here is these guys yapping about how shit one guy is her, another there. there i more going on and the truth usually is somewhere in the middle.
Superjudge is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 12:01 PM   #43 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Superjudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 17,593
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thriller92 View Post
When did I ever say I was smarter than Andrea at basketball? Do you ever not try to attack posters or prove your point with your 'you didnt play ball, or at as high of a level as these guys so you cant have an opinion' shtick? Watch the damn game. He was giving up layups to Jan fucking Vesley because he was either getting lost in getting back to his man, or he was jogging. It happened multple times, and its happened multiple times in the other games as well. Its a combination of him getting lost in having to turn back around and quickly find his rotation, and at times, just not trying hard enough to get there. I dont think thats disputable.

If you watch Val hedge, he stays back and uses his length to cut off the ballhandler and penetration, and often leads the ballhandler in to the Raptors guard closest to the play so he can help as well.

I just dont understand why we're having Bargs trying to be KG out there when he's clearly incapable of consistently playing the screen roll correctly. We're giving up far too many easy shots in the paint because he's in no mans land. It's not only a knock on Bargs, but on the coaching staff, because if they cant recognize that his hard hedging is our biggest weakness on screen roll, then they're in for a rude awakening when we play teams with very good to great pick and roll PGs, and theres a lot of them.
Jesus. JV is lost on defence so far.

I'll just end it there, you miss the point entirely, and yes, you do post as if you are smarter than all the players and the coach and the GM on many occasions. We all do at some point or another.
Superjudge is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 12:04 PM   #44 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 73,199
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post
Jesus. JV is lost on defence so far.
he looks better than half the team on D
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 12:11 PM   #45 (permalink)
Embracing the departure of all the trolls

Senior Member
 
Bargn88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,795
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
he looks better than half the team on D
Jeff I think it's time you change up your avatar pic. They have real pictures of Val in a raps uni now!
Bargn88 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 12:15 PM   #46 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Superjudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 17,593
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
he looks better than half the team on D


He looks more athletic, because he is. I'm talking about something else.
Superjudge is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 12:19 PM   #47 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 73,199
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bargn88 View Post
Jeff I think it's time you change up your avatar pic. They have real pictures of Val in a raps uni now!
you're going to tell me when it's time for me to change my avy? pfft
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 12:21 PM   #48 (permalink)
LX
with pink peppercorns

In the Paint


 
LX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 27,639
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post
Jesus. JV is lost on defence so far.
Great job of backing that up. Looking forward to you taking the opposite angle tomorrow, and then complaining if someone should point that out. I will lay claim to at least being an expert on how I see things.

I appreciate your comment about the truth lying in the middle. I only ask that we all get the chance to find that together.
LX is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 12:28 PM   #49 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,491
Representing:
Default

Another one of these threads? This forum is getting lazy. Embarrassing.

People make ridiculous claims about players as if they are hardened facts when similar claims are exposed as wrong all the time.

Great post by Rimpianto though.

Last edited by carp; 10-19-2012 at 12:32 PM.
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 02:51 PM   #50 (permalink)
I believe in Masai!

giant steps

 
'trane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,558
Representing:
Default

i'm surprised he ever breaks a sweat. there isn't a single time in that 1:49 that Bargs bends his knees or moves faster than a slow jog. casually sauntering after hedging out on a guy is not an option.
'trane is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 06:14 PM   #51 (permalink)
a Piston Fan !

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 2,258
Representing:
Default

If JV in fact becomes our starting center then Bargs will eventually find his role coming off the bench. JV, Davis, Fields, DD, Lowry Second unit Bargs , Amir,Magruire,Ross, Calderon. Now thats one hell of a second unit which really could be our starters.
raptor123 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 06:16 PM   #52 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 73,199
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor123 View Post
If JV in fact becomes our starting center then Bargs will eventually find his role coming off the bench.
Edit: Not a great response jeff

Last edited by LX; 10-19-2012 at 06:22 PM.
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 06:34 PM   #53 (permalink)
Embracing the departure of all the trolls

Senior Member
 
Bargn88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,795
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor123 View Post
If JV in fact becomes our starting center then Bargs will eventually find his role coming off the bench. JV, Davis, Fields, DD, Lowry Second unit Bargs , Amir,Magruire,Ross, Calderon. Now thats one hell of a second unit which really could be our starters.
Ya this def won't happen. Could you explain how JV starting puts AB on the bench?

They want to build chemistry between Bargnani and Val, not have them on at different times.

You don't bring a 10 million dollar player (and your best offensive player) off the bench in his make or break year.

PS. I would love to know what Jeff said lol
Bargn88 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 06:47 PM   #54 (permalink)
a Piston Fan !

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 2,258
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bargn88 View Post
Ya this def won't happen. Could you explain how JV starting puts AB on the bench?

They want to build chemistry between Bargnani and Val, not have them on at different times.

You don't bring a 10 million dollar player (and your best offensive player) off the bench in his make or break year.

PS. I would love to know what Jeff said lol
I agree however JV and Bargs together...with DD and Lowry that makes Fields our stud on D ???? I personally dont like it though i hope it works.....I would have a big monstor in the middle that can play d and rebound and not be much of a scorer as part of his offence...i like the big monster that gets his by getting those offencive rebounds and putting it back up.
Right now we dont have that identity scorer or scorers...Will it be Bargs,,,DD...Lowry...JV......for Bargs to be effective on offence he will need the balll my question is will he get enough touches to get his game going ????
raptor123 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 06:49 PM   #55 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 73,199
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor123 View Post
Bargs will eventually find his role coming off the bench.
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 07:03 PM   #56 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,491
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Edit: Not a great response jeff
Post of the year!
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24