Bargnani is the worst starting centre in the league.
Old 01-22-2011, 12:20 AM   #1 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,287
Representing:
Default Bargnani is the worst starting centre in the league.

Low percentage scorer, no blocks no rebounds. He can't even contribute effectively on offense.
fk24 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 12:48 AM   #2 (permalink)
finding your post helpful

Senior Member
 
LightsOut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,400
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fk24 View Post
Low percentage scorer, no blocks no rebounds. He can't even contribute effectively on offense.
dude's hurt and struggling at the same time stop crying, if he dropped 50 tonight they still would've lost
LightsOut is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 12:52 AM   #3 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,287
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightsOut View Post
dude's hurt and struggling at the same time stop crying, if he dropped 50 tonight they still would've lost
I'm crying for the good of the team, which would be to trade Bargnani for peanuts. His impact on this team is overrated and he'll give up 30 and 10 to his counterpart.

Bargnani is the worst starting centre in the league and thats a fact. You know why? because you can't have an nba centre who doesn't play defense. Centre is the main defensive anchor. So he holds that title. Oh and IBsomeone starts bringing up his scoring.
fk24 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 12:55 AM   #4 (permalink)
threes and free throws

Senior Member
 
Metallikid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,867
Representing:
Default

Bargs has stats of approx 21pts/6rbs/1.5ast/1blk/1tpm on .45/.36/.8 shooting; He's 18th in the league in scoring and a top 8 centre in the NBA.
Metallikid is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 01:04 AM   #5 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,287
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallikid View Post
Bargs has stats of approx 21pts/6rbs/1.5ast/1blk/1tpm on .45/.36/.8 shooting; He's 18th in the league in scoring and a top 8 centre in the NBA.
.8 blocks per game and 5 rebounds per game for a fucking centre that plays almost 40 minutes per game? Top 8 centre? He is without a doubt the worst defensive centre in the nba. And that automatically qualifies him as a candidate for worst centre in the league. And 21 ppg on 45% shooting for a centre is frieaking disgusting.
fk24 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 01:09 AM   #6 (permalink)
finding your post helpful

Senior Member
 
LightsOut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,400
Representing:
Default

he's going up against D12 man, how many other centres have stopped him, who else dropped 30/10 on bargs?
LightsOut is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 01:12 AM   #7 (permalink)
whatever

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: toronto
Posts: 9,275
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fk24 View Post
Low percentage scorer, no blocks no rebounds. He can't even contribute effectively on offense.
bargnani shoots a decent percentage, right above average among the 20ppg or higher players. Unlike more traditional centers, Bargnani shoots a lot of 3s which will bring down his FG%, but actually raise his TS%, which is a much better indicator. TS% measures how many points a player scores per each possesion used.
moremilk is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 01:15 AM   #8 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,287
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightsOut View Post
he's going up against D12 man, how many other centres have stopped him
Get off his nuts, The Howard argument is a stupid one. He hasn't played any defense all year. Why is he only getting 0.8 blocks per game and averaging 5 rebounds per game. Why does he allow so many offensive rebounds all the time? Why doesn't he try to play inside? All I see on this forum are people grabbing his nuts and riding on his jock. He wouldn't start for any other nba team.

Last edited by fk24; 01-22-2011 at 01:17 AM.
fk24 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 01:16 AM   #9 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,287
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by moremilk View Post
bargnani shoots a decent percentage, right above average among the 20ppg or higher players. Unlike more traditional centers, Bargnani shoots a lot of 3s which will bring down his FG%, but actually raise his TS%, which is a much better indicator. TS% measures how many points a player scores per each possesion used.
TS% doesn't account for how you play against good teams and how you play against the lottery ones. I'll bet you against .500+ teams his TS% would be nowhere near average.
fk24 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 01:28 AM   #10 (permalink)
finding your post helpful

Senior Member
 
LightsOut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,400
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fk24 View Post
Get off his nuts, The Howard argument is a stupid one. He hasn't played any defense all year. Why is he only getting 0.8 blocks per game and averaging 5 rebounds per game. Why does he allow so many offensive rebounds all the time? Why doesn't he try to play inside? All I see on this forum are people grabbing his nuts and riding on his jock. He wouldn't start for any other nba team.
not riding anything, if u say the howard argument is stupid why the fuck did u state his opponent drops 30/10 on him ? all I'm saying is hes not the worst centre in the league I didn't say he plays inside I didnt say he rebounds I didn't say he blocks shots, stop getting so worked up cuz hes not like every other centre, everyone already knows what he can and can't do no point making a thread about it just cuz your depressed LOL
LightsOut is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 02:08 AM   #11 (permalink)
useless

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,200
Representing:
Default

Bargnani isn't a center.

I don't care what he's listed as on the starting line up, or all star ballot. Bargs plays PF. Take a look at who was guarding Howard and who Howard was guarding last night. Bargs had nothing to do with it. It was Dorsey, Johnson and Ed Davis that were getting schooled by Howard. Because they're all undersized and over matched.

You can put whatever position next to Andrea's name in the line up - he plays PF when the game starts.

The Raptors play with Andrea at PF and one of their undersized PFs as C, which is why I keep saying that the Raptors need to get someone with legitimate size either in the draft or through free agency, be it Marc Gasol, Enes Kanter, Tyson Chandler or whoever. The big rotation the Raptors use now is easily exploited by teams with a PF/C with size and a scoring touch.

Colangelo has quite a riddle in front of him. If the Raptors do acquire a traditional center, then there's not enough minutes for Davis, Amir, Bargnani and Center X. So what gives? Someone needs to be traded. OR someone needs to be shifted to SF.

Personally, I think it's worth investigating the possibility of moving Amir to SF at some point during the remainder of the season. Bargs essentially plays a SF role on offense, so Amir can continue to go for offensive boards and get involved in pick and rolls on offense. On D Amir would need to show that he can keep up with other SFs. I think he has the quickness and length to do so, it's just a matter of if he can learn perimeter D quickly... It probably wouldn't work out, but it's worth a shot even just to make sure operation tank succeeds.

Last edited by EggsToTheBBQ; 01-22-2011 at 02:18 AM.
EggsToTheBBQ is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 02:21 AM   #12 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 222
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EggsToTheBBQ View Post
Bargnani isn't a center.

I don't care what he's listed as on the starting line up, or all star ballot. Bargs plays PF. Take a look at who was guarding Howard and who Howard was guarding last night. Bargs had nothing to do with it. It was Dorsey, Johnson and Ed Davis that were getting schooled by Howard. Because they're all undersized and over matched.

You can put whatever position next to Andrea's name in the line up - he plays PF when the game starts.

The Raptors play with Andrea at PF and one of their undersized PFs as C, which is why I keep saying that the Raptors need to get someone with legitimate size either in the draft or through free agency, be it Marc Gasol, Enes Kanter, Tyson Chandler or whoever. The big rotation the Raptors use now is easily exploited by teams with a PF/C with size and a scoring touch.

Colangelo has quite a riddle in front of him. If the Raptors do acquire a traditional center, then there's not enough minutes for Davis, Amir, Bargnani and Center X. So what gives? Someone needs to be traded. OR someone needs to be shifted to SF.

Personally, I think it's worth investigating the possibility of moving Amir to SF at some point during the remainder of the season. Bargs essentially plays a SF role on offense, so Amir can continue to go for offensive boards and get involved in pick and rolls on offense. On D Amir would need to show that he can keep up with other SFs. I think he has the quickness and length to do so, it's just a matter of if he can learn perimeter D quickly... It probably wouldn't work out, but it's worth a shot even just to make sure operation tank succeeds.
+1 His normal position is not center its pf. Everybody on RF has been saying how we need a center so bad and this is exactly why. Stop hating on Bargs, hes played through pain and hes also playing out of his natural position.
kishan13 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 02:31 AM   #13 (permalink)
is what it is!!

cogito ergo sum
 
killabee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 972
Representing:
Default

CARP!!!!!!
killabee is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 02:49 AM   #14 (permalink)
baking the cookies of discontent.

Corner 3


 
finstock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 3,140
Representing:
Default

The only difference you'd notice in Bargs moving to PF is the label on the starting lineups graphic (brought to you by Ford?).
finstock is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 03:15 AM   #15 (permalink)
TooAwesome

Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: HALIFAX or that place where people eat fish
Posts: 176
Representing:
Default

Calm down. He's def ain't worst starting center in the league. Take a pill so you can calm the fuck down!
TooStrong is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 03:20 AM   #16 (permalink)
BOOBS

never too old.


 
INSIDER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: richmond hill
Posts: 11,466
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fk24 View Post
Get off his nuts, The Howard argument is a stupid one. He hasn't played any defense all year. Why is he only getting 0.8 blocks per game and averaging 5 rebounds per game. Why does he allow so many offensive rebounds all the time? Why doesn't he try to play inside? All I see on this forum are people grabbing his nuts and riding on his jock. He wouldn't start for any other nba team.
Bargs wouldnt start for any other team?
neither would Jose, neither would Amir, neither would Derozan, neither would Kleiza.... so whats your point? our entire starting lineup wouldnt start for any other team.

Bargs isnt a true Center, we all know this, but the fact is he is our best player on the entire team. its true.
you say his percentages are bad, but since when is 45% a bad FG%? if he got it up to 50% would you then care? is that extra 5% that much of a difference?
quit complaining.
the raps stink. no one expected us to be great this year, so what is the big deal? Bargs is scoring 21 ppg and allowing 30+ on the defensive side. what the fuck are you gonna do?
INSIDER is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 03:43 AM   #17 (permalink)
better than you

Senior Member
 
eazy187's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 893
Representing:
Default

I'm pretty sure Bargs would get a start in Washington.
eazy187 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 04:09 AM   #18 (permalink)
likes the consistency in the colangelo built raptors

Senior Member
 
rapsmannn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3,427
Representing:
Default

wow three bad games in row after balling for a couple of weeks and people want to trade him, calling him out on everything

Andrea needs to step his defence up we all know that

shooters go through slumps, hence the greatest 3 point shooter last year in Ray Allen
rapsmannn is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 07:34 AM   #19 (permalink)
LX
with pink peppercorns

In the Paint


 
LX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 27,637
Representing:
Default

Bargnani's inconsistency means that his percentages are often just abysmal. That's really hard to figure out for a seven footer. C or PF. When the shot is not dropping you have to be able to effect the game by playing in the paint, getting to the line, and setting screens. From this guy we see a lot of standing around and ridiculous chucking.

And how come he wasn't guarding Howard? Was there really anybody that should do a better job? Didn't Bargnani get praised for how he defended Howard the last time they played the Magic? So what gives? How much is this guy being indulged?
LX is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 07:37 AM   #20 (permalink)
some creepy guy

Senior Member
 
MARTYNAS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: far far away
Posts: 1,445
Representing:
Default

Krstic, Speights...


And in fact, he is not a Center. He is good offensive faceup PF. And he would start in Orlando, Cleveland, Charlotte, Indiana, Detroit, Oklahoma, Phoenix, and few other teams IMO.
Toronto is not so terrible. There is some teams where kleiza, Derozan would start. Jose would start. Just look at Sacramento, Cleveland...
MARTYNAS is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24