Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards

Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/)
-   Toronto Raptors (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/)
-   -   Bargnani is the worst starting centre in the league. (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/bargnani-worst-starting-centre-league-19027.html)

fk24 01-22-2011 01:20 AM

Bargnani is the worst starting centre in the league.
 
Low percentage scorer, no blocks no rebounds. He can't even contribute effectively on offense.

LightsOut 01-22-2011 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fk24 (Post 497258)
Low percentage scorer, no blocks no rebounds. He can't even contribute effectively on offense.

dude's hurt and struggling at the same time stop crying, if he dropped 50 tonight they still would've lost

fk24 01-22-2011 01:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LightsOut (Post 497263)
dude's hurt and struggling at the same time stop crying, if he dropped 50 tonight they still would've lost

I'm crying for the good of the team, which would be to trade Bargnani for peanuts. His impact on this team is overrated and he'll give up 30 and 10 to his counterpart.

Bargnani is the worst starting centre in the league and thats a fact. You know why? because you can't have an nba centre who doesn't play defense. Centre is the main defensive anchor. So he holds that title. Oh and IBsomeone starts bringing up his scoring.

Metallikid 01-22-2011 01:55 AM

Bargs has stats of approx 21pts/6rbs/1.5ast/1blk/1tpm on .45/.36/.8 shooting; He's 18th in the league in scoring and a top 8 centre in the NBA.

fk24 01-22-2011 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metallikid (Post 497269)
Bargs has stats of approx 21pts/6rbs/1.5ast/1blk/1tpm on .45/.36/.8 shooting; He's 18th in the league in scoring and a top 8 centre in the NBA.

.8 blocks per game and 5 rebounds per game for a fucking centre that plays almost 40 minutes per game? Top 8 centre? He is without a doubt the worst defensive centre in the nba. And that automatically qualifies him as a candidate for worst centre in the league. And 21 ppg on 45% shooting for a centre is frieaking disgusting.

LightsOut 01-22-2011 02:09 AM

he's going up against D12 man, how many other centres have stopped him, who else dropped 30/10 on bargs?

moremilk 01-22-2011 02:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fk24 (Post 497258)
Low percentage scorer, no blocks no rebounds. He can't even contribute effectively on offense.

bargnani shoots a decent percentage, right above average among the 20ppg or higher players. Unlike more traditional centers, bargnani shoots a lot of 3s which will bring down his FG%, but actually raise his TS%, which is a much better indicator. TS% measures how many points a player scores per each possesion used.

fk24 01-22-2011 02:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LightsOut (Post 497277)
he's going up against D12 man, how many other centres have stopped him

Get off his nuts, The Howard argument is a stupid one. He hasn't played any defense all year. Why is he only getting 0.8 blocks per game and averaging 5 rebounds per game. Why does he allow so many offensive rebounds all the time? Why doesn't he try to play inside? All I see on this forum are people grabbing his nuts and riding on his jock. He wouldn't start for any other nba team.

fk24 01-22-2011 02:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moremilk (Post 497280)
bargnani shoots a decent percentage, right above average among the 20ppg or higher players. Unlike more traditional centers, bargnani shoots a lot of 3s which will bring down his FG%, but actually raise his TS%, which is a much better indicator. TS% measures how many points a player scores per each possesion used.

TS% doesn't account for how you play against good teams and how you play against the lottery ones. I'll bet you against .500+ teams his TS% would be nowhere near average.

LightsOut 01-22-2011 02:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fk24 (Post 497281)
Get off his nuts, The Howard argument is a stupid one. He hasn't played any defense all year. Why is he only getting 0.8 blocks per game and averaging 5 rebounds per game. Why does he allow so many offensive rebounds all the time? Why doesn't he try to play inside? All I see on this forum are people grabbing his nuts and riding on his jock. He wouldn't start for any other nba team.

not riding anything, if u say the howard argument is stupid why the fuck did u state his opponent drops 30/10 on him ? all I'm saying is hes not the worst centre in the league I didn't say he plays inside I didnt say he rebounds I didn't say he blocks shots, stop getting so worked up cuz hes not like every other centre, everyone already knows what he can and can't do no point making a thread about it just cuz your depressed LOL

EggsToTheBBQ 01-22-2011 03:08 AM

Bargnani isn't a center.

I don't care what he's listed as on the starting line up, or all star ballot. Bargs plays PF. Take a look at who was guarding Howard and who Howard was guarding last night. Bargs had nothing to do with it. It was Dorsey, Johnson and Ed Davis that were getting schooled by Howard. Because they're all undersized and over matched.

You can put whatever position next to Andrea's name in the line up - he plays PF when the game starts.

The Raptors play with Andrea at PF and one of their undersized PFs as C, which is why I keep saying that the Raptors need to get someone with legitimate size either in the draft or through free agency, be it Marc Gasol, Enes Kanter, Tyson Chandler or whoever. The big rotation the Raptors use now is easily exploited by teams with a PF/C with size and a scoring touch.

Colangelo has quite a riddle in front of him. If the Raptors do acquire a traditional center, then there's not enough minutes for Davis, Amir, Bargnani and Center X. So what gives? Someone needs to be traded. OR someone needs to be shifted to SF.

Personally, I think it's worth investigating the possibility of moving Amir to SF at some point during the remainder of the season. Bargs essentially plays a SF role on offense, so Amir can continue to go for offensive boards and get involved in pick and rolls on offense. On D Amir would need to show that he can keep up with other SFs. I think he has the quickness and length to do so, it's just a matter of if he can learn perimeter D quickly... It probably wouldn't work out, but it's worth a shot even just to make sure operation tank succeeds.

kishan13 01-22-2011 03:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EggsToTheBBQ (Post 497295)
Bargnani isn't a center.

I don't care what he's listed as on the starting line up, or all star ballot. Bargs plays PF. Take a look at who was guarding Howard and who Howard was guarding last night. Bargs had nothing to do with it. It was Dorsey, Johnson and Ed Davis that were getting schooled by Howard. Because they're all undersized and over matched.

You can put whatever position next to Andrea's name in the line up - he plays PF when the game starts.

The Raptors play with Andrea at PF and one of their undersized PFs as C, which is why I keep saying that the Raptors need to get someone with legitimate size either in the draft or through free agency, be it Marc Gasol, Enes Kanter, Tyson Chandler or whoever. The big rotation the Raptors use now is easily exploited by teams with a PF/C with size and a scoring touch.

Colangelo has quite a riddle in front of him. If the Raptors do acquire a traditional center, then there's not enough minutes for Davis, Amir, Bargnani and Center X. So what gives? Someone needs to be traded. OR someone needs to be shifted to SF.

Personally, I think it's worth investigating the possibility of moving Amir to SF at some point during the remainder of the season. Bargs essentially plays a SF role on offense, so Amir can continue to go for offensive boards and get involved in pick and rolls on offense. On D Amir would need to show that he can keep up with other SFs. I think he has the quickness and length to do so, it's just a matter of if he can learn perimeter D quickly... It probably wouldn't work out, but it's worth a shot even just to make sure operation tank succeeds.

+1 His normal position is not center its pf. Everybody on RF has been saying how we need a center so bad and this is exactly why. Stop hating on Bargs, hes played through pain and hes also playing out of his natural position.

killabee 01-22-2011 03:31 AM

CARP!!!!!!

finstock 01-22-2011 03:49 AM

The only difference you'd notice in Bargs moving to PF is the label on the starting lineups graphic (brought to you by Ford?).

TooStrong 01-22-2011 04:15 AM

Calm down. He's def ain't worst starting center in the league. Take a pill so you can calm the fuck down!

INSIDER 01-22-2011 04:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fk24 (Post 497281)
Get off his nuts, The Howard argument is a stupid one. He hasn't played any defense all year. Why is he only getting 0.8 blocks per game and averaging 5 rebounds per game. Why does he allow so many offensive rebounds all the time? Why doesn't he try to play inside? All I see on this forum are people grabbing his nuts and riding on his jock. He wouldn't start for any other nba team.

Bargs wouldnt start for any other team?
neither would Jose, neither would Amir, neither would Derozan, neither would Kleiza.... so whats your point? our entire starting lineup wouldnt start for any other team.

Bargs isnt a true Center, we all know this, but the fact is he is our best player on the entire team. its true.
you say his percentages are bad, but since when is 45% a bad FG%? if he got it up to 50% would you then care? is that extra 5% that much of a difference?
quit complaining.
the raps stink. no one expected us to be great this year, so what is the big deal? Bargs is scoring 21 ppg and allowing 30+ on the defensive side. what the fuck are you gonna do?

eazy187 01-22-2011 04:43 AM

I'm pretty sure Bargs would get a start in Washington.

rapsmannn 01-22-2011 05:09 AM

wow three bad games in row after balling for a couple of weeks and people want to trade him, calling him out on everything

Andrea needs to step his defence up we all know that

shooters go through slumps, hence the greatest 3 point shooter last year in Ray Allen

LX 01-22-2011 08:34 AM

Bargnani's inconsistency means that his percentages are often just abysmal. That's really hard to figure out for a seven footer. C or PF. When the shot is not dropping you have to be able to effect the game by playing in the paint, getting to the line, and setting screens. From this guy we see a lot of standing around and ridiculous chucking.

And how come he wasn't guarding Howard? Was there really anybody that should do a better job? Didn't Bargnani get praised for how he defended Howard the last time they played the Magic? So what gives? How much is this guy being indulged?

MARTYNAS 01-22-2011 08:37 AM

Krstic, Speights...


And in fact, he is not a Center. He is good offensive faceup PF. And he would start in Orlando, Cleveland, Charlotte, Indiana, Detroit, Oklahoma, Phoenix, and few other teams IMO.
Toronto is not so terrible. There is some teams where kleiza, Derozan would start. Jose would start. Just look at Sacramento, Cleveland...


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:39 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24