Bargnani: "We need a Center" - Page 2
Old 06-30-2011, 07:56 AM   #21 (permalink)
n't

Senior Member
 
LKeet6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Liverpool (UK)
Posts: 1,766
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EggsToTheBBQ View Post
Dirk is much more efficient on O than Bargs ever has been.

Also, Bargs is a black hole on offense. Once he gets the ball, everyone knows what's going to happen. Which is one reason why his efficiency is low.

The difference isn't just on D, and it's not just a couple of rebounds. It's in overall awareness of the game on O and D. He's a one dimensional player who's not particularly good at his one dimension.
let's see if casey makes a difference. I think the supporters of barg (i'm kind of in the middle, he did really piss me off last year but i think he's very talented,) have made enough valid points to at least say let's see what a better team with better D and hopefully a traditional C at his side do for him.
LKeet6 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 08:23 AM   #22 (permalink)
rootin for the eagles, boise state, the leafs, raps, and jays

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Halifax
Posts: 5,409
Representing:
Default

Holy fuck Bargs argument topic #900000

For the record Dirk is better than Bargs by lightyears. If you're going to sit there and just compare stats, you're stupid.
Chiggmo is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 08:39 AM   #23 (permalink)
n't

Senior Member
 
LKeet6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Liverpool (UK)
Posts: 1,766
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiggmo View Post
Holy fuck Bargs argument topic #900000

For the record Dirk is better than Bargs by lightyears. If you're going to sit there and just compare stats, you're stupid.
yeah, dirk is way better. would you say barg is more similar to dirk or say, rose?
LKeet6 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 09:05 AM   #24 (permalink)
Mean Muggin with his son

Swollen Member
 
b55bgc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: The Rock AKA Newfoundland
Posts: 1,400
Representing:
Default

People love to bash Bargnani. I guess because he has such potential and its frustrating.
People cant deny his skills and his agility for a 7 footer.
But you know, a lot of great offensive players in the league are defensively retarded. Why put so much blame on one guy.
b55bgc is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 09:13 AM   #25 (permalink)
Is playing the dude disguised as another dude

Senior Member
 
Shadowfax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: 5th Dimension
Posts: 9,305
Representing:
Default

YAY, another Bargnani thread ...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Shadowfax is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 10:41 AM   #26 (permalink)
...

Senior Member
 
powerfulpanda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,487
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by b55bgc View Post
People love to bash Bargnani. I guess because he has such potential and its frustrating.
People cant deny his skills and his agility for a 7 footer.
But you know, a lot of great offensive players in the league are defensively retarded. Why put so much blame on one guy.
like he said it himself in the interview....he doesn't think the blame and criticism on lebron is excessive because he is the best player in the world.
bargnani is "theoretically" the best player on the raptors. he should understand....
powerfulpanda is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 10:54 AM   #27 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 789
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by b55bgc View Post
People love to bash Bargnani. I guess because he has such potential and its frustrating.
People cant deny his skills and his agility for a 7 footer.
But you know, a lot of great offensive players in the league are defensively retarded. Why put so much blame on one guy.
Actually, some of the best players in the game do it at both ends of the court. Those are that are great offensive players but lousy defensive players also happen to play on some of the worst teams in the league (see Monta Ellis, Kevin Love, etc.).

In addition, it's not just Bargnani's defence that's the problem. At 7-feet tall and 250 pounds, you would expect a player of his size to grab more than 6 rebounds a game. At the very least, he should be grabbing 8 to 9 boards a game, which shouldn't require much effort for a guy of his stature, skill, and for the playing time he receives.

The other thing that's frustrating with Bargnani is that it seems that he's not giving his full effort at times on the court. He has moments where he just goes numb and becomes unfocused. Hopefully this changes as he matures, as he's still only 25 years old.

Finally, my other frustration with Bargnani is his conditioning. Specifically, he, like the rest of the Raptors, is dreadful on the 2nd of back-to-back games. Bargnani needs to get into better shape, and I hope Casey makes this one of his priorities in the off-season (assuming there is one).
Northern Neighbour is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 11:50 AM   #28 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,476
Representing:
Default

Some of the best players do it when it needs to be done.... My concern for the Raps is can they build a team that can get stops when it counts. If you want to run and gun, and follow Phoenix model, recognize they had the athletes to get stops down the stretch. The last few seasons, they've wilted more often than they've succeeded in this regard, though Triano did have them fighting back more often than in previous years.
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 01:06 PM   #29 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Superjudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 17,593
Representing:
Default

I saw nothing at all wrong with that interview. I'm not sure what you guys are tearing into Bargnani about now.

It's a little tiring really.
He's a 22 and 6 big that plays good one on one defence and is out to lunch after that. He doesn't claim to be anything more, never really has, so really, you're only bashing you're out of touch expectations.

Leave it alone already.... jesus
Superjudge is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 01:15 PM   #30 (permalink)
I'm going to take my talents to South Beach

Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,233
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Neighbour View Post
Actually, some of the best players in the game do it at both ends of the court. Those are that are great offensive players but lousy defensive players also happen to play on some of the worst teams in the league (see Monta Ellis, Kevin Love, etc.).

In addition, it's not just Bargnani's defence that's the problem. At 7-feet tall and 250 pounds, you would expect a player of his size to grab more than 6 rebounds a game. At the very least, he should be grabbing 8 to 9 boards a game, which shouldn't require much effort for a guy of his stature, skill, and for the playing time he receives.

The other thing that's frustrating with Bargnani is that it seems that he's not giving his full effort at times on the court. He has moments where he just goes numb and becomes unfocused. Hopefully this changes as he matures, as he's still only 25 years old.

Finally, my other frustration with Bargnani is his conditioning. Specifically, he, like the rest of the Raptors, is dreadful on the 2nd of back-to-back games. Bargnani needs to get into better shape, and I hope Casey makes this one of his priorities in the off-season (assuming there is one).
To be honest, he grabs 6 rebounds because he plays high-post on D and around the arc on O. his location on the court will be more like a SF.
Time to guide this kid once and for all. If he doesn't get any better, trade him.
Tommy C is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 01:23 PM   #31 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 789
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy C View Post
To be honest, he grabs 6 rebounds because he plays high-post on D and around the arc on O. his location on the court will be more like a SF.
Time to guide this kid once and for all. If he doesn't get any better, trade him.
He doesn't always play the high post on D, especially when he's guarding the opposition's centre. He's just a poor rebounder, often not boxing out and not attacking missed shots.
Northern Neighbour is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 06:12 PM   #32 (permalink)
editing this message!

Senior Member
 
jj33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,448
Representing:
Default

Shiiiiit! Bargs is good. He knows exactly what this team need! Bargs for GM!!
jj33 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24