Bargnani vs Nowitzki.... the stats. - Page 3
Old 03-03-2011, 03:21 PM   #41 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 890
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
I can't stand this ridiculous hockey mentality.... "he's a pussy'.... it's so brutal, let's just get mensa-bonsu back and cut Bargnani then.....
soft basketball players have always been called soft, why you getting you're panties in a bunch for?
jrob23 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 03:26 PM   #42 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Banned
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 81,104
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrob23 View Post
soft basketball players have always been called soft, why you getting you're panties in a bunch for?
Soft players in every sport are called pussies. It is what it is. How many rants has Don cherry gone on about pussie Euro's who wear visors.
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 03:28 PM   #43 (permalink)
lol

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,221
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverice View Post
What are you looking for Toronto?

And lets face it, as long as they keep running plays for him on the perimeter and don't use him more down low (this is the coaches fault... they like that high starting position in the post, they did it with Bosh too.) He's going to continue to be out of position for rebounds.

Bargnani (unless he hires some kind of fitness guru to work on it with him.) will never be an outstanding defensive player.... however, he's shown moments of fight down there... and people really don't get that when someone like Derick Rose slips in behind the Defence and score on Bargnani...

Paragraph 1: How about we worry about his defensive rebounding first? It's more important.

Paragraph 2: Everybody gets blown by in the NBA. It is about TEAM defense and awareness. Especially bigs need to anchor the defense, and they need to be prepared to step in and help out, but Bargnani is always 3 steps too late. Good defense requires 5 guys to be on the same page, and only one person to mess it all up. More often than not, Barney is that guy.

All that said, he's shown positive signs and I think he can improve in those areas
gabe91 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 03:36 PM   #44 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,510
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrob23 View Post
soft basketball players have always been called soft, why you getting you're panties in a bunch for?
how do my panties taste? Don't worry about it.

It was a playful dig at my boy JeffB... he understood it.
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 03:52 PM   #45 (permalink)
Mean Muggin with his son

Swollen Member
 
b55bgc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: The Rock AKA Newfoundland
Posts: 1,377
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabe91 View Post
Paragraph 1: How about we worry about his defensive rebounding first? It's more important.

Paragraph 2: Everybody gets blown by in the NBA. It is about TEAM defense and awareness. Especially bigs need to anchor the defense, and they need to be prepared to step in and help out, but Bargnani is always 3 steps too late. Good defense requires 5 guys to be on the same page, and only one person to mess it all up. More often than not, Barney is that guy.

All that said, he's shown positive signs and I think he can improve in those areas
Agreed. Why people are so hard on Bargnani is beyond me. Maybe they have higher expectations of him. BUt as a 7foot euro. He meets everyone of my expectations.
b55bgc is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 03:53 PM   #46 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Superjudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 17,371
Representing:
Default

Bargnani is weird.

He ISN'T soft. Not at all.

He just lacks awareness, it kills me to watch him sometimes, he just has no....

I always thought you needed a massive chip on your shoulder to be a true superstar, you have to have an imbalanced and flawed need to always win. It creates asshole superstars off the court, but true hero's on it.

Stable guys, FOR THE MOST PART (don't start naming any good player you can think of thats stable... Tim Duncan.... fine) Stable guys just don't NEED to win enough.

When Bargnani is mad, he's unstoppable. But how often is that?
Superjudge is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 04:00 PM   #47 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,510
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post
Bargnani is weird.

He ISN'T soft. Not at all.

He just lacks awareness, it kills me to watch him sometimes, he just has no....

I always thought you needed a massive chip on your shoulder to be a true superstar, you have to have an imbalanced and flawed need to always win. It creates asshole superstars off the court, but true hero's on it.

Stable guys, FOR THE MOST PART (don't start naming any good player you can think of thats stable... Tim Duncan.... fine) Stable guys just don't NEED to win enough.

When Bargnani is mad, he's unstoppable. But how often is that?
he's got mad skill(z?)... does that count?

Your argument has some merit. We saw extra aggression emerge against Miami, but too often it hasn't shown up.... He exposed a porous Miami frontcourt and it was enjoyable to watch.
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 04:02 PM   #48 (permalink)
LX
effin' ineffable

In the Paint
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 30,071
Representing:
Default

I think he's pretty good when he's having fun. I think a love of the game can be as valuable as an edge, if not more so. The two combined make for killers. Bargnani has fun at times. And it's hard to figure what conditions allow for that. He likes going up against certain players, and in certain cities. The natural competitive spirit doesn't tend to show up all that much otherwise.
LX is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 04:04 PM   #49 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Superjudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 17,371
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LX View Post
I think he's pretty good when he's having fun. I think a love of the game can be as valuable as an edge, if not more so. The two combined make for killers. Bargnani has fun at times. And it's hard to figure what conditions allow for that. He likes going up against certain players, and in certain cities. The natural competitive spirit doesn't tend to show up all that much otherwise.
agreed.
Superjudge is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 04:06 PM   #50 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Senior Member
 
TORaptor4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,433
Representing:
Default

I'll never understand why Bargs gets a pass for his lazy play simply because "he's only making $8M this year"..... shoot, if that's the case then everyone should be cheering Sonny Weems like mad.
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 04:08 PM   #51 (permalink)
lol

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,221
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by b55bgc View Post
Agreed. Why people are so hard on Bargnani is beyond me. Maybe they have higher expectations of him. BUt as a 7foot euro. He meets everyone of my expectations.
Did you even read my post?

He doesn't meet the expectations at all, but I said there's a chance (no guarantee) that he sufficiently improves in his large weaknesses.
gabe91 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 05:56 PM   #52 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,510
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabe91 View Post
Did you even read my post?

He doesn't meet the expectations at all, but I said there's a chance (no guarantee) that he sufficiently improves in his large weaknesses.
I agree wholeheartedly.... Bargnani is great value and will continue to grow. Well said.

carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 05:59 PM   #53 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,510
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever View Post
I'll never understand why Bargs gets a pass for his lazy play simply because "he's only making $8M this year"..... shoot, if that's the case then everyone should be cheering Sonny Weems like mad.
a pointless argument.... I'm not sure why you want to be that guy....

Every player has lazy moments. It appears AB has more to some because of his disposition on the court, which can be misinterpreted too. The argument that he's only making 8M is generally in response to the pathetic claim that he's not good enough to be a franchise player... hello, it's obvious. You and I will go back and forth on this, but it seems like you just hate Bargnani cause he's not Bosh.
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 06:58 PM   #54 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Senior Member
 
TORaptor4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,433
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
a pointless argument.... I'm not sure why you want to be that guy....

Every player has lazy moments. It appears AB has more to some because of his disposition on the court, which can be misinterpreted too. The argument that he's only making 8M is generally in response to the pathetic claim that he's not good enough to be a franchise player... hello, it's obvious. You and I will go back and forth on this, but it seems like you just hate Bargnani cause he's not Bosh.
I like Amir and he's not Bosh.... I like Davis and he's not Bosh either....

My hate for Bargs has nothing to do with Bosh.... it has EVERYTHING to do with the fact that he's a lazy (or clueless) player who fails to impact the game at all unless he's on fire and hitting shots from everywhere. He's one of the worst defenders and rebounders that we've had in a raps uni and it all gets overlooked because he looks pretty stroking the long ball.

I'm tired of it.
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 06:59 PM   #55 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Banned
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 81,104
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever View Post
I like Amir and he's not Bosh.... I like Davis and he's not Bosh either....

My hate for Bargs has nothing to do with Bosh.... it has EVERYTHING to do with the fact that he's a lazy (or clueless) player who fails to impact the game at all unless he's on fire and hitting shots from everywhere. He's one of the worst defenders and rebounders that we've had in a raps uni and it all gets overlooked because he looks pretty stroking the long ball.

I'm tired of it.
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 09:16 PM   #56 (permalink)
...

Senior Member
 
powerfulpanda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,470
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by b55bgc View Post
Agreed. Why people are so hard on Bargnani is beyond me. Maybe they have higher expectations of him. BUt as a 7foot euro. He meets everyone of my expectations.
he meets everyone of ur expectations? EVERYONE?! meaning....in other words you are completely satisfied with Bargnani is at as a player

i don't think i need to comment anymore....
powerfulpanda is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 09:57 PM   #57 (permalink)
wanting harrison barnes

Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 479
Representing:
Default

stats mean nothing if you can't take control of a game when the ball is in your hands.
komot is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24