Bargnani vs Nowitzki.... the stats. - Page 2
Old 03-03-2011, 11:52 AM   #21 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummond so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 74,847
Representing:
Default

Dirk plays less minutes, takes less shots, is 7yrs older and is averaging a better shooting %, better RPG, better PPG, less TO.........he's a lot better.

And the one thing in the title of this thread that is telling is "the stats". We all like to look at stats to see where players stand, but who effects games more, who is more competitive, who is better defensively? I'll say it again, Bargnani will never......ever be on Dirk's level. He doesn't have it in him and he's a marshmellow.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 11:59 AM   #22 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,494
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Dirk plays less minutes, takes less shots, is 7yrs older and is averaging a better shooting %, better RPG, better PPG, less TO.........he's a lot better.

And the one thing in the title of this thread that is telling is "the stats". We all like to look at stats to see where players stand, but who effects games more, who is more competitive, who is better defensively? I'll say it again, Bargnani will never......ever be on Dirk's level. He doesn't have it in him and he's a marshmellow.
Your point is pointless.... why feel like you have to repeat it so much? It's obvious. AB won't be as good as Dirk.... not many are. We haven't had a player near Dirk's level since Vince.

AB makes 8M.... less than half of Dirk..... less than half. Why are we even bothering with this. Do Atlanta fans bitch that Horford will never be as good as Dwght? Do memphis fans hate Marc cause Pau is better?

Hey, you're a donkey, I like that. You like apples, right? I'm Mark Wahlberg, say hi to you mother.
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 01:27 PM   #23 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Superjudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 17,592
Representing:
Default

Look, it's Marky mark!!!!
Superjudge is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 01:35 PM   #24 (permalink)
the fighter of the Nightman

Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Cherry Bomb
 
Barracuda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 7,962
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
Your point is pointless.... why feel like you have to repeat it so much? It's obvious. AB won't be as good as Dirk.... not many are. We haven't had a player near Dirk's level since Vince.

AB makes 8M.... less than half of Dirk..... less than half. Why are we even bothering with this. Do Atlanta fans bitch that Horford will never be as good as Dwght? Do memphis fans hate Marc cause Pau is better?

Hey, you're a donkey, I like that. You like apples, right? I'm Mark Wahlberg, say hi to you mother.
Word to your mother, even.
Barracuda is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 01:57 PM   #25 (permalink)
Alive

Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 52
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
No it wouldn't, because if we were more talented Bargnani wouldn't be taking 18-19 shots per game and would be lucky to get 18ppg. Like i said, if Bargnani took the shots per game that Dirk did, he'd be in the 17-18ppg range, hense the lower shooting %.
Yeah.... um... I'm going to have to disagree with this statement here. ( I know what you're saying though.)

Your entire argument is pretty much based on field goal percentage. But, with someone else who demanded attention (i.e. A double team... or at least a second glance) playing with Bargnani, it would open up way more space. Less ball pressure equals a higher percentage. (Besides once again... look at Dirks early shooting percentage. It's pretty comparable. And he still had a better team than the Raptors do currently.)

Now defensively though you're totally right... no comparison Dirks had better numbers over his career.

However anyone who's played sports can tell you that riding the pine your first couple years in a sport can shake your confidence...(Especially for Euro players, who don't have the swagger of their American Counterparts.) and that's what happened to Bargnani his first couple years. He didn't have the luxury of a Dirk, or Bosh or DeRozen for that matter, and got the starts regularly. (despite irregular play.)

I still think there's a higher upside for keeping Bargnani than trading him. (Unless you can get someone that's a legitimate super-star.) I'd take Bargnani over 90% of the bigs in the league right now. Seriously? Who's that amazing Center dominating the NBA right now? (Dwight Howard? His lack of underfire shooting makes him not reliable. Though he can dunk from anywhere.)

Old Shaq was good.. but he's way past his prime. Actually, there's not really a single Center out there right now, who's a dominator? (Most of the talent are the Power forwards.) Duncan's old, Yao's injured, Noah is a rebounding genius... but not reliable as a scorer. Kevin Love and Blake Griffin are talented but niether of them are Center's.

I've actually seen people post saying they'd trade him for Brook Lopez ... WHA??? Hey I'd take Bargnani's 21 points and 5.5 rebounds over Lopez's 19.5 points and 5.9 rebounds any day.

All I'm saying is... Let's use our heads a tad before we get on the get rid of Bagnani train. We could do way worse. Sure he's no Wilt the Stilt or Shaq. But he's still considered by most Annalists to be a top 10 Center. (he was even last year.. and he's having a better year this year.) (lol.... I know top 10 out of a possible 30 teams... lol)
foreverice is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 02:04 PM   #26 (permalink)
a baller

Senior Member
 
bjjs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 7,488
Representing:
Default

As long as the gunz believe in him, you stick with him.
bjjs is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 02:08 PM   #27 (permalink)
Waiting for DD's 1st in game wind mill Dunk

Senior Member

 
halphbreedballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: T.O.
Posts: 4,786
Representing:
Default

All I know is if Bargs doesn't average 7+ rebounds or 25+ppg next season I say trade him at the deadline!!!

Because right now all he does is score & when he is off the Raptors struggle big time, because he provides nothing else!

This all depends on wins & losses of course.
halphbreedballer is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 02:13 PM   #28 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummond so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 74,847
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverice View Post
Yeah.... um... I'm going to have to disagree with this statement here. ( I know what you're saying though.)

Your entire argument is pretty much based on field goal percentage. But, with someone else who demanded attention (i.e. A double team... or at least a second glance) playing with Bargnani, it would open up way more space. Less ball pressure equals a higher percentage
He had that the 5 previous seasons. Look at his averages. My main point was he'd get less shots, and average less PPG. He averages more shots then Nowitzki and less PPG. If he averaged 3 less shots per game he'd average less then he currently does.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 02:14 PM   #29 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummond so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 74,847
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by halphbreedballer View Post
All I know is if Bargs doesn't average 7+ rebounds or 25+ppg next season I say trade him at the deadline!!!

Because right now all he does is score & when he is off the Raptors struggle big time, because he provides nothing else!

This all depends on wins & losses of course.
Then may as well trade is ass this summer because that ain't happening. He's a pussy and doesn't have the stones to get after it on a nightly basis.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 02:15 PM   #30 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,494
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
He had that the 5 previous seasons. Look at his averages. My main point was he'd get less shots, and average less PPG. He averages more shots then Nowitzki and less PPG. If he averaged 3 less shots per game he'd average less then he currently does.
not necessarily true..... it depends on which three shots.... AB doesn't' hold back at the moment from shooting at any point, hence he is willing to take bad shots at the end of the clock that others may not be.... on a different team, he might not take those specific shots. Nothing is linear man.
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 02:16 PM   #31 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,494
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Then may as well trade is ass this summer because that ain't happening. He's a pussy and doesn't have the stones to get after it on a nightly basis.
I can't stand this ridiculous hockey mentality.... "he's a pussy'.... it's so brutal, let's just get mensa-bonsu back and cut Bargnani then.....
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 02:23 PM   #32 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummond so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 74,847
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
I can't stand this ridiculous hockey mentality.... "he's a pussy'.... it's so brutal, let's just get mensa-bonsu back and cut Bargnani then.....
someone being a pussy is called hockey mentality? really, thought it was a universal expression for someone who's a pussy.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 02:25 PM   #33 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,494
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
someone being a pussy is called hockey mentality? really, thought it was a universal expression for someone who's a pussy.
dude, you love Tie Domi... admit it. I can't stand how fans fall in love with minor-leagiue talent that only shows hustle. To prove I'm impartial, I fully support the Domi cause by getting all of my computers from Dash.... I get a great bargain too.
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 02:32 PM   #34 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummond so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 74,847
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
dude, you love Tie Domi... admit it. I can't stand how fans fall in love with minor-leagiue talent that only shows hustle. To prove I'm impartial, I fully support the Domi cause by getting all of my computers from Dash.... I get a great bargain too.
Hahhhhhh, i completely agree with that. When i watched hockey i couldn't stand it that fans loved Tie Dummy (cement head) and were not sold on players like Sundin. Goons always got more respect then skilled players, which is also one of the reasons Leaf fans have had shit teams.That always pissed me off, and is why i always said most leaf fans were not that bright when it came to the sport they claimed to love. Don't get me wrong, Bargnani is very skilled but as a center i believe he often lacks effort and seems uninterested and when he's having problems with his shot he rarely effects games in other areas, he's frustrating.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 02:43 PM   #35 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,494
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Hahhhhhh, i completely agree with that. When i watched hockey i couldn't stand it that fans loved Tie Dummy (cement head) and were not sold on players like Sundin. Goons always got more respect then skilled players, which is also one of the reasons Leaf fans have had shit teams.That always pissed me off, and is why i always said most leaf fans were not that bright when it came to the sport they claimed to love. Don't get me wrong, Bargnani is very skilled but as a center i believe he often lacks effort and seems uninterested and when he's having problems with his shot he rarely effects games in other areas, he's frustrating.
I'll agree, but anyone writitg him off like Thabeet is wrong. Just sayin.... We've seen alot of undersized hustle guys come and go, you'd think this fanbase would be a little more patient with a 7' 25 year old that can score 20 a game. Think about all of the following: Jalani McCoy , pape Sow, Mensah-bonsuh, humphries, Dorsey, Jawai, Archibald, Bonner, Maceo Baston..... I'm tired of watching undersized C's with little talent.
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 03:00 PM   #36 (permalink)
upset that he is forced to write something here

Senior Member
 
macs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: The centre of the universe
Posts: 703
Representing:
Default

You guys need to step away from the ledge.

Bargnani isn't going to be like Dirk. They're different.

Bargnani gets paid half of Dirk's salary, plays with shitty players, and has played in a losing culture his whole NBA life. He's not your team's superstar, but makes a hell of a 2nd or 3rd option.... and only gets paid $8-10M / year.

He's an affordable scorer for a team has a good defensive system. I wonder what he'd look like on Chicago playing alongside Boozer / Noah. He'd make a hell of a third big man.
macs is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 03:02 PM   #37 (permalink)
baking the cookies of discontent.

Corner 3
 
finstock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 3,140
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5racer View Post
Your right, and Dirk can be remembered for all those failed, failed FAILED playoff runs......remember a few years back when dallas was 1st in regualr season and then the playoffs roll around and they are out in the first round, in 4 games i believe........ oh all the things dirk has done, and the rebounding, hes a beast at 6.7!! What what! .....
I consider the Mavs the true champs of '06. They were royally screwed, in favor of a budding superstar in Wade, and Shaq.

Dirk moves like a ballerina. Bargs has the mindset of one.
finstock is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 03:03 PM   #38 (permalink)
baking the cookies of discontent.

Corner 3
 
finstock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 3,140
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by macs View Post
You guys need to step away from the ledge.

Bargnani isn't going to be like Dirk. They're different.

Bargnani gets paid half of Dirk's salary, plays with shitty players, and has played in a losing culture his whole NBA life. He's not your team's superstar, but makes a hell of a 2nd or 3rd option.... and only gets paid $8-10M / year.

He's an affordable scorer for a team has a good defensive system. I wonder what he'd look like on Chicago playing alongside Boozer / Noah. He'd make a hell of a third big man.
+1. Now there's a very reasonable post.
finstock is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 03:32 PM   #39 (permalink)
some creepy guy

Senior Member
 
MARTYNAS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: far far away
Posts: 1,445
Representing:
Default

Déjà vu?

Seriously, why? Why such a shitty threads exist? Compare Bargnani to Dirk...


Next thread? Antawn Jamison vs Pau Gasol ?
MARTYNAS is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 04:20 PM   #40 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 895
Representing:
Default

Please don't even try and compare the two

Although if Bargnani played for an owner who cared about winning like Cuban does, then maybe this comparison would be at least somewhat valid.
jrob23 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:38 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24