Bargnani on showcase
Old 11-12-2008, 09:05 PM   #1 (permalink)
with barney and friends

Mr Point Guard
 
Alvin_Williams_Rox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Markham
Posts: 497
Representing:
Send a message via MSN to Alvin_Williams_Rox
Question Bargnani on showcase

Today Bargnani is playing a great game agaisnt phili. He's playing good minutes. A strange injury inccured with hump saying it was a sprained toe. So do you think BC and Sam are showcasing Bargnani for trade value? just something you might wanna just think about
Alvin_Williams_Rox is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 09:20 PM   #2 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 81,292
Representing:
No! I don't think Bargnani is going anywhere!
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 09:24 PM   #3 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 23
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALVIN_WILLIAMS_ROX View Post
Today Bargnani is playing a great game agaisnt phili. He's playing good minutes. A strange injury inccured with hump saying it was a sprained toe. So do you think BC and Sam are showcasing Bargnani for trade value? just something you might wanna just think about
lol um no

they will not trade Bargnani this year

unless he sucks like absolute shit then after this season maybe

but he's playing pretty good this season

offensively a little inconsistent but they will not trade him for that
phoenix_bladen is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 09:33 PM   #4 (permalink)
N64
not here

Wildcard Bitches
 
N64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 7,617
Representing:
Default

Bargs is playing good...no trade...trade kapono or someone...make the team better.
N64 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 09:39 PM   #5 (permalink)
is dead inside

you ain't bout that life
 
Gurk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 22,164
Representing:
Default

No way is Bargs being showcased. BC is very very high on Bargs and there is no way he would go, especially when he is starting pto play good again.
Gurk is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 09:43 PM   #6 (permalink)
is back baby

Large and in charge
 
Snooch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: All up in there
Posts: 8,160
Representing:
Default

Kapono as been being showcased as well
Snooch is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 10:20 PM   #7 (permalink)
waiting for the Masai-a

on ihateus
 
Torontosaurus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Victoria, home of the Nash-ites
Posts: 3,882
Representing:
Default

They would have played Bargs more, if that were the case
Torontosaurus is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 11:03 PM   #8 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 81,292
Representing:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torontosaurus View Post
They would have played Bargs more, if that were the case

Actually, he played 27 minutes.The most he's played all season.Not that i think BC is going to move him.I just don't see it happening!
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 11:19 PM   #9 (permalink)
useless

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,200
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix_bladen View Post
lol um no

they will not trade Bargnani this year

unless he sucks like absolute shit then after this season maybe

but he's playing pretty good this season

offensively a little inconsistent but they will not trade him for that
If Bargnani starts playing like shit again he won't get traded. It's only if he plays well that he can be traded.

THINK: Why would the other team in the trade give ANYTHING away for a guy that's been playing like shit for pretty much his entire career?

Whenever a trade talk comes up in this forum we always get a bunch of bozos like this guy who think it's a fantastic idea to trade guys as soon as they go into a slump. That's the dumbest thing I ever heard. You trade guys when they're hot, because then you get a better player in return.

And I don't want to hear anyone else propose your brilliant Bargs + Trash for Kobe trades. Just because the salaries match on the trade machine doesn't mean the trade will happen.

Despite how much I would like to get a top notch swingman, I don't see us trading Bargs, unfortunately. Especially since he's recently shown the ability to guard centers. And probably not for what's out there (Harrington/Wallace).

I think Kapono + Garbo's contract for a contract someone else is looking to dump is the likeliest scenario. And I wouldn't expect a potential all star in return. Probably yet another guy with a history of injuries.
EggsToTheBBQ is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 11:26 PM   #10 (permalink)
thinking Stephen Harper has got to go.

Senior Member
 
lonewolfpoet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Markham, Canada
Posts: 1,245
Representing:
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by EggsToTheBBQ View Post
If Bargnani starts playing like shit again he won't get traded. It's only if he plays well that he can be traded.

THINK: Why would the other team in the trade give ANYTHING away for a guy that's been playing like shit for pretty much his entire career?

Whenever a trade talk comes up in this forum we always get a bunch of bozos like this guy who think it's a fantastic idea to trade guys as soon as they go into a slump. That's the dumbest thing I ever heard. You trade guys when they're hot, because then you get a better player in return.

And I don't want to hear anyone else propose your brilliant Bargs + Trash for Kobe trades. Just because the salaries match on the trade machine doesn't mean the trade will happen.

Despite how much I would like to get a top notch swingman, I don't see us trading Bargs, unfortunately. Especially since he's recently shown the ability to guard centers. And probably not for what's out there (Harrington/Wallace).

I think Kapono + Garbo's contract for a contract someone else is looking to dump is the likeliest scenario. And I wouldn't expect a potential all star in return. Probably yet another guy with a history of injuries.
HHHHmmmmm hello, Garbo isn't a Raptor any more pretty hard to trade a contract you already bought out and that was well before the season even started. What have you been doing the last few months? sleeping?
lonewolfpoet is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 11:28 PM   #11 (permalink)
useless

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,200
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewolfpoet View Post
HHHHmmmmm hello, Garbo isn't a Raptor any more pretty hard to trade a contract you already bought out and that was well before the season even started. What have you been doing the last few months? sleeping?
His contract is still tradeable. And it expires at the end of the year. Look it up, Professor!
EggsToTheBBQ is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 11:29 PM   #12 (permalink)
landry fields forever

Administrator

 
Acie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Living in a van down by the river
Posts: 22,072
Representing:
Default

Easy sailor.

A player's contract isn't tradeable once it's been bought out.
Acie is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 12:05 AM   #13 (permalink)
whatever

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: toronto
Posts: 10,396
Representing:
Default

If Bargnani plays defence like tonight, why on Earth would you want to trade him? If anything, you trade JO in the summer.
moremilk is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 01:40 AM   #14 (permalink)
the next dictator of MLSE

fresh and clean
 
Windex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: uʍop ɹǝpun
Posts: 22,524
Representing:
Default

Bargnani was a BEAST against the Sixers, he went to basket, got rebounds and dunked on two Sixers

27 minutes/15 points/5 rebounds/2 blocks
Windex is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 02:40 AM   #15 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

you still dont know me
 
you dont know me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 373
Representing:
Default

ummmmmmmmmmmm... showcasing? that's crazy talk. bc has been wanting to suck his cock since he found out about him, so there's no way he's gonna let him go.

and lets just even say this crazy talk was actually the plan. well, they just failed and realizing that they shouldn't trade him.

i mean you already got a guy you wanna trade for. what's the point...
you dont know me is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 08:27 AM   #16 (permalink)
is back baby

Large and in charge
 
Snooch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: All up in there
Posts: 8,160
Representing:
Default

Bargs isnt going anywhere cause JO is being moved next summer or at the deadline.

Kapono has been getting minutes guarding some really good players lately (pierce for example) and doing some of the things I am used to seing Parker do.

Perhaps thats in an effort to get him used to being the starting SG. Hump out of action last night, Jawaii "waiting on tests" Mabey Hump and Parker are getting moved.....


Coincidence, I think so!!!!!!
Snooch is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 08:35 AM   #17 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 9
Representing:
Default

Bargs is playing well this season, he acctually takes it to the hole instead of setteling for jumpers! I'd say keep Bargs, but trade Kapono for a guy that's not as one dimentional as Kapono.
MrNorway is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 08:50 AM   #18 (permalink)
convinced that Raptors fans are only happy when they're unhappy.

Retired Administrator
 
Dr. J. Naismith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Almonte
Posts: 10,245
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNorway View Post
I'd say keep Bargs, but trade Kapono for a guy that's not as one dimentional as Kapono.
Easier said than done though. The fact that he is one dimensional and has the contract that he does, doesn't make it that easy.
Dr. J. Naismith is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 09:04 AM   #19 (permalink)
the fighter of the Nightman

Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Cherry Bomb
 
Barracuda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 7,962
Representing:
Default

If management is smart, Bargnani won't go anywhere. I may not be the most seasoned Raps fan, but I've been watching closely and I've learned a lot from that dude that lives with me, whatever his name is. (Yes, I know, you all think he knows nothing .. not true!)

Anyways... Andrea will only get better. If they wanna trade someone, get rid of Kapono. He's more useless than he is a gain for the team.

When everyone's at their best, the team is friggin' awesome. Parker takes too long to warm up but brings it when he is, Jermaine is starting to show what he's got, Bargnani is great and will only improve, Bosh is Bosh, and Calderon is the backbone.

Keep Bargs + Get rid of Kapono = better Raps season.
Barracuda is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 09:12 AM   #20 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 9
Representing:
Default

yeah, these things are allways easier said that done
MrNorway is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bargnani. Dutches Toronto Raptors 69 12-19-2009 12:00 PM
Bargnani at 50 or Roy at 80? jatt_sharab1 Toronto Raptors 90 08-07-2009 09:28 PM
Bargnani....C? 3? or both? gdaytday Toronto Raptors 38 01-18-2009 06:18 PM
Is Bargnani better at the 3 or 5 Windex Toronto Raptors 33 12-02-2008 03:38 AM
What's Happens To Bargnani Now? Dr. J. Naismith Toronto Raptors 41 06-26-2008 01:38 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24