Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards

Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/)
-   Toronto Raptors (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/)
-   -   Bargnani is just a poor man's Zach Randolph (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/bargnani-just-poor-mans-zach-randolph-19156.html)

jeffb 01-30-2011 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jj33 (Post 501879)
Bargs need a coach who is really up on him!! like Stan Van on Turkoglou!

the whole team needs that

EggsToTheBBQ 01-30-2011 11:34 AM

Irk Nowitzki.

Dirk without the D.

raptorballer13 01-30-2011 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EggsToTheBBQ (Post 501997)
Irk Nowitzki.

Dirk without the D.

Dirk NoWitsKi.

powerfulpanda 01-30-2011 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by poetics (Post 501919)
this thread has no merit. all theses points against Andrea make no sense. Being picked # 1 overall is not a player decision, rather executive. just cause he's picked 1 you all think he should be the next dominant center. like an earlier poster said, hes averaging 20+ppts per game. He was never a dominant re bounder in Italy therefore will never become one. He may improve, as he's shown...I would have Bargs on my team over Randolph any day. Randolph is a much more redundant player...

being picked number is not a player decision and neither is being labelled a bust, which he is. it doesn't matter. when u have expectations placed upon you and u don't live up to them, that is a bust! fair or unfair that is not the point. and i think in bargs case, its been more than fair. coming in he was being compared to be the next dirk! so being called a bust is appropriate. hes not even half a dirk right now.
if u would rather have randolph anyday over bargs u don't know what ur talking about

zxcvbn193 01-30-2011 02:18 PM

Bargnani is coming to my Town. What sign Should I make for him?

Ex2k 01-30-2011 02:29 PM

You guys make it sound like Bargs in the only 20point + player whos been bad defensively in the history of the NBA...

and you want to get rid of him for a bag of potatoes ... He would thrive on a good defensive TEAM...

the Raptors are NOT

JayJayW 01-30-2011 02:37 PM

This comparison is stupid..

Dutches 01-30-2011 11:58 PM

he's a pothead's Olajuwon.

tdotballing 01-31-2011 09:14 AM

can someone explain to me how Andrea is anything like Randolph? We might as well compare Andrea to Derrick Rose because they're both basketball players

poetics 01-31-2011 02:56 PM

hmmok
 
hmm OK
So if i have expectations in somthing its a bust if it doesn't turn out exactly the way i want it to.

i expect the raptors to win 90% of their remaining games this yr and make it to the finals...

i love how this expectation thing works....

maybe that's how Michael did it when he chose Kwame...



Quote:

Originally Posted by powerfulpanda (Post 502032)
being picked number is not a player decision and neither is being labelled a bust, which he is. it doesn't matter. when u have expectations placed upon you and u don't live up to them, that is a bust! fair or unfair that is not the point. and i think in bargs case, its been more than fair. coming in he was being compared to be the next dirk! so being called a bust is appropriate. hes not even half a dirk right now.
if u would rather have randolph anyday over bargs u don't know what ur talking about


powerfulpanda 01-31-2011 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by poetics (Post 502436)
hmm OK
So if i have expectations in somthing its a bust if it doesn't turn out exactly the way i want it to.

i expect the raptors to win 90% of their remaining games this yr and make it to the finals...

i love how this expectation thing works....

maybe that's how Michael did it when he chose Kwame...

your argument makes no sense...
makes u sound like someone who is just disagreeing for the sake of disagreeing

the expectations have to be REASONABLE and GENERAL. not just a random expectation by one person.
since bargs was first overall pick, OUR expectations of him were not unreasonable (consistant allstar, comparisons to dirk, etc)
and if u expect the raps to win 90% of their remaining games and make it to the finals, what are the basis of ur expectations? if you genuinely expect taht of this team and they don't do it, i'm sure that would be a failed season. but only to you because no one else expects that

RAPMAN 02-01-2011 06:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tdotballing (Post 502331)
can someone explain to me how Andrea is anything like Randolph?

They are both black holes. The guy doesn't pass. Every time Andrea touches the ball on the offensive end, the ball movement stops and the shot goes up.He spending all his energy on the offensive end trying to shoot himself out of this slump, instead of moving the ball and creating opportunities for team mates. If the shot is not falling, help your team in other ways.

archie63 02-01-2011 07:55 AM

Bythe way seeing the current strek and the recent Bargs poor play it seems thet the team can't win without him playing good.

Someguy again 02-01-2011 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 007nites (Post 501931)
Agree with everything except that.

YouTube - Zach Randolph Air ball by Cavs@Clippers

randolph has changed over the years every he since he left the jailblazers and clippers. He's more matured and much more polished in his overall game

poetics 02-02-2011 12:47 AM

...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by powerfulpanda (Post 502446)
your argument makes no sense...
makes u sound like someone who is just disagreeing for the sake of disagreeing

the expectations have to be REASONABLE and GENERAL. not just a random expectation by one person.
since bargs was first overall pick, OUR expectations of him were not unreasonable (consistant allstar, comparisons to dirk, etc)
and if u expect the raps to win 90% of their remaining games and make it to the finals, what are the basis of ur expectations? if you genuinely expect taht of this team and they don't do it, i'm sure that would be a failed season. but only to you because no one else expects that

GM's make the call, obviously. In sports your picked whatever position in a draft based on the assumption of your value, that value is based on the premise of what your anticipated to deliver. I think everybody with a BBALL right mind knew that Bargs was/is not a true number 1 pick. It was BC's call, this doesn't necessarily justify Bargs being picker numero uno, nor a given, perennial all star cuz of draft night status. it just means that expectations on him were sky high from day one, and obviously inflated as well. He's good, but not #1 pick material.

at the end of the day its just a matter of opinion. we agree to disagree. cool! isnt what this is all about :)


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:34 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24