Bargnani interview - Page 4
Old 05-26-2011, 06:01 PM   #61 (permalink)
LX
present minded

In the Paint


 
LX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 27,676
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
All i heard was him say that if Bargnani wants to go to the next level he needs to improve as a rebounder. He said that defensively, he is what he is and at that end he is an enigma......all true. Plus at the end of every season BC is asked about certain players and how they need to improve and he says how they need to improve in certain areas. At the end of the season he stated Derozan needed to improve his shooting and his defense to take the next step. It's stating the obvious, the diffference is Bargnani takes it personal and gets his panties in a bunch instead of taking personal responsability. And his matter of fact comments about defense didn't help his cause either.
That's nice. I heard what he said. And he definitely vented. He started by saying Bargnani was that enigma to end all enigmas, and that the reason he hadn't improved was due to a lack of focus. Very different from stating the obvious about DeRozen or any other player. True yes - but still venting, and certainly signalling a willingness to move the guy, especially when he emphatically said that no one was untradable when asked specifically about Bargnani's status.
LX is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 06:01 PM   #62 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 73,281
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAPMAN View Post
Just like there are no players like Lebron. The league is all about trends, with the success of Rose, Westbrook, Rondo, and Wall, teams want that tall athletic point guard to lead their teams. The talk about point guards in the draft, all experts point to the height advantage of Knight over Walker, and how Walker will have difficulty in guarding the point despite being 6'1 and having excellent lateral quickness to keep his man in front of him. I am not saying Bargnani is the next Dirk, but the splendid play of Dirk can't hurt the chances of us trading Bargnani.

One has absolutely nothing to do with the other. Bargnani is still a soft 7 footer with a severe allergy to the rim and the word defense.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 06:04 PM   #63 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 73,281
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LX View Post
That's nice. I heard what he said. And he definitely vented. He started by saying Bargnani was that enigma to end all enigmas, and that the reason he hadn't improved was due to a lack of focus. Very different from stating the obvious about DeRozen or any other player. True yes - but still venting, and certainly signalling a willingness to move the guy, especially when he emphatically said that no one was untradable when asked specifically about Bargnani's status.
Well i didn't see what he said as venting. What he said about Bosh last summer was venting. But that's just my opinion, and just lik assholes, we all have one.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 06:05 PM   #64 (permalink)
LX
present minded

In the Paint


 
LX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 27,676
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
One has absolutely nothing to do with the other. Bargnani is still a soft 7 footer with a severe allergy to the rim and the word defense.
What are you saying? One has nothing to do with the other, and yet the soft 7 footer, who I assume was as soft when he was drafted, was picked with the hopes that he could do some of what Dirk did. Colangelo directly referenced Dirk after making the pick, saying that Andrea was not as fluid as Dirk, but offered some of the same matchup nightmares.

Why can't he be sold in the same manner to others? Are you saying other GM's are obviously superior to BC?
LX is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 06:12 PM   #65 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 73,281
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LX View Post
What are you saying? One has nothing to do with the other, and yet the soft 7 footer, who I assume was as soft when he was drafted, was picked with the hopes that he could do some of what Dirk did. Colangelo directly referenced Dirk after making the pick, saying that Andrea was not as fluid as Dirk, but offered some of the same matchup nightmares.

Why can't he be sold in the same manner to others? Are you saying other GM's are obviously superior to BC?

With hopes, sure. But does anyone with any credibility still compare the two? Come on. I'm saying other GM's have seen Bargnani for what he is over the last 5 years and i'd say you'd be hard pressed to convince any of them to trade for him based on anything Dirk does or doesn't do.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 08:32 PM   #66 (permalink)
LX
present minded

In the Paint


 
LX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 27,676
Representing:
Default

It can add to the temptation, particularly for a team that struggles offensively, to make a deal that isn't half bad. Look at Hedo. He was dealt twice within the last year with the hopes that he could offer what Hedo once did. There will be GMs willing to take a chance, and if they can see that risk framed in terms that worked for another team, then it could be that much easier.
LX is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 08:42 PM   #67 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 73,281
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LX View Post
It can add to the temptation, particularly for a team that struggles offensively, to make a deal that isn't half bad. Look at Hedo. He was dealt twice within the last year with the hopes that he could offer what Hedo once did. There will be GMs willing to take a chance, and if they can see that risk framed in terms that worked for another team, then it could be that much easier.
Oh i agree there will be a GM willing to trade for Bargnani, i say more then we think. Anyone can be traded.But i just don't think Nowitzki comes into the equation. But i could be wrong.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 08:27 PM   #68 (permalink)
landry fields forever

Administrator

 
Acie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Living in a van down by the river
Posts: 21,599
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Bruce Arthur, National Post: My thumb is down to Andrea Bargnani of the Toronto Raptors. Granted, this isn't a new idea, but after he was quoted criticizing Raptors general manager Bryan Colangelo's very mild post-season criticism, while musing that if he left the Raptors he'd like warm weather and, quote, "a team where I can actually play in my role" - well, hell. What Bargnani doesn't seem to understand is that he still has a lot to prove. He has to prove he's willing to rebound, to defend, to really care, and he hasn't. He complained his words were taken out of context, which means that there are two kinds of defence Andrea Bargnani isn't very good at, but in that vein, he also said,"the facts are there for everybody to see and judge." Um, Andrea? way ahead of you on that one, big guy.
LINK - TSN.ca
Acie is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 11:03 PM   #69 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 73,281
Representing:
Default

Seriously, can anyone see him back next season? Especially if one more interview is done where he says something that's "taken out of context". The relationship between the Raps and Bargnani is not good imo. If they go into next season with him it'll only get worse.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 08:34 AM   #70 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,492
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Seriously, can anyone see him back next season? Especially if one more interview is done where he says something that's "taken out of context". The relationship between the Raps and Bargnani is not good imo. If they go into next season with him it'll only get worse.
step back from the ledge....... you're seriously falling into the media trap. If you think Colangelo is going to act in a way to satisfy public hate for a player, then you clearly underestimate his abilities.

Bargnani can be back or he can be traded..... it's far more likely that he's back though. A trade isn't the norm.
carp is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 08:44 AM   #71 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 81
Representing:
Default

Simple solution... Get a decent centre... Keep him. If not keep him anyways
shittytrader is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 06:12 PM   #72 (permalink)
Sick, Wicked, and Nasty!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 3,223
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shittytrader View Post
Simple solution... Get a decent centre... Keep him. If not keep him anyways
if we got a decent centre and didn't trade him then we'd be getting even more overloaded in the frontcourt
Admiral is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 06:55 PM   #73 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,492
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral View Post
if we got a decent centre and didn't trade him then we'd be getting even more overloaded in the frontcourt
That's not a problem.
carp is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:00 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24