Bargnani interview - Page 3
Old 05-24-2011, 11:48 PM   #41 (permalink)
raps are back!

Senior Member
 
ha123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 560
Representing:
Default

Bargnani+filler for Bosh or Bargnani +filler+ 1st rd pick for howard
:cookie:
ha123 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 12:05 AM   #42 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,510
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ha123 View Post
Bargnani+filler for Bosh or Bargnani +filler+ 1st rd pick for howard
:cookie:
???? Yeah, um, bosh, yeah, is not coming back....
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 12:07 AM   #43 (permalink)
Captain of the Jamario Moon fan club.

Born Unready
 
Dark Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Electric Avenue
Posts: 15,552
Representing:
Default

Wouldn't that just be the ultimate 'eff you' to Bosh if we was traded back to Toronto, for Bargnani no less.
Dark Knight is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 09:31 PM   #44 (permalink)
#NorthernUprising

6 Man Like Lou Will
 
js12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: T.O.
Posts: 5,629
Representing:
Default

Shuts down all the rumours.

Quote:
Bargnani shot down the notion of any dissatisfaction with Wednesday’s statement, released through the team and issued by Michela Gilli, a Bargnani press officer.

“I wish to personally clarify and correct an inaccurate portrayal of my words that recently appeared in the media,” the statement read. “Much of what I said was taken out of context with respect to an entire conversation.

“I want to make clear my love for Toronto and that I consider the city a second home. I never said that I want to leave Toronto and I’m sorry if fans interpreted the inaccuracy that way.

“I am proud to represent Toronto and the Raptors organization. I appreciate what Bryan Colangelo and the organization has done for me during the past five years of my career. I will always continue to work to improve myself as a player in an effort to reward the organization and our fans with the best team possible.”

The Toronto Star’s Dave Feschuk obtained a translation of Bargnani’s comments, verified by the journalist who conducted the interview. According to the translation, Bargnani told the network he wanted to stay in Toronto, but joked if he were to move, he would like to go a warmer city and “a team where I can actually play my role,” likely a reference to playing power forward instead of centre. About Colangelo’s comments, Bargnani said that Colangelo “had some unfortunate and not very courageous comments about me … The facts are there for everybody to see and judge.”
Bargnani expresses ?love for Toronto?
js12 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 11:50 PM   #45 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Banned
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 81,104
Representing:
Default

^

Lip service!
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 11:57 PM   #46 (permalink)
hopefully we use our draft pick this year, let's not miss out this years Rodney hood

Senior Member
 
rapsmannn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 4,093
Representing:
Default

we all know Bargs making a joke about a possible trade out of Toronto, the fact is he never said he wanted out of Toronto
rapsmannn is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 04:22 AM   #47 (permalink)
rootin for the eagles, boise state, the leafs, raps, and jays

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Halifax
Posts: 5,683
Representing:
Default

I don't care one bit how much he loves the city. Till he decides to play some D and rebound the city won't love him! Ok that might be a bit much, but I sure as hell won't
Chiggmo is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 07:37 AM   #48 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Banned
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 81,104
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapsmannn View Post
we all know Bargs making a joke about a possible trade out of Toronto, the fact is he never said he wanted out of Toronto
Too bad, many fans want him out.
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 12:42 PM   #49 (permalink)
landry fields forever

Banned
 
Acie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Living in a van down by the river
Posts: 19,089
Representing:
Default

The Coach weighs in:

Quote:
Oh boy! Whether his comments about Toronto are being interpreted correctly or not, it's pretty obvious that he's not entirely comfortable with his situation in Toronto from a positional perspective or a few other areas. Needless to say, the air needs to be cleared between him and the club if the relationship is going to continue. It's time for a candid heart-to-heart talk.

Bargnani has been treated BEYOND well and fairly in his time in Toronto -- he owes his employer and the fan base a lot more respect. If the team decides that they'd like to trade him it would be better if this situation goes underground quietly so they can move him without his value diminishing from opposing teams viewing his frustrations as leverage in a deal. Tough spot for a 22-60 Raptors team to be in with a guy who is supposed to help you win or at least be a guy is a solid asset to trade.
LINK - TSN.ca
Acie is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 03:45 PM   #50 (permalink)
LX
effin' ineffable

In the Paint
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 30,071
Representing:
Default

Good points from Jack. That explains why Colangelo didn't even say Andrea's name, but just called him the kid. In that whole interview yesterday he was working damn hard to make this into a whole lot of nothing from "the kid".

I really hope Bargnani didn't fuck up BC's ability to move him. Mind you this all started with BC venting publicly, so I can't really put all that much blame on the kid.
LX is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 03:52 PM   #51 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Banned
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 81,104
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LX View Post
Good points from Jack. That explains why Colangelo didn't even say Andrea's name, but just called him the kid. In that whole interview yesterday he was working damn hard to make this into a whole lot of nothing from "the kid".

I really hope Bargnani didn't fuck up BC's ability to move him. Mind you this all started with BC venting publicly, so I can't really put all that much blame on the kid.
When did BC vent in public about bargnani?
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 04:01 PM   #52 (permalink)
LX
effin' ineffable

In the Paint
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 30,071
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
When did BC vent in public about bargnani?
When he went on about him lacking focus and being the enigma to end all enigmas. You know - about a month ago?

He was sending pretty clear signals that the Raptors were becoming disenchanted with the player, and at the same time he did all he could to raise Bargnani's value. All of that changes if it looks like Andrea is the disgruntled party, but probably not much. The follow-up statement from Bargnani probably brings possible buyers into about the same position as they would have been before, operating from a position of strength, but not to the extent that we need to take too much garbage back, hopefully.
LX is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 04:22 PM   #53 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,816
Representing:
Default

I hope Dallas wins and Dirk keeps his playoff MVP performance. It only increases the value of Bargnani.
RAPMAN is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 04:25 PM   #54 (permalink)
...

Senior Member
 
powerfulpanda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,470
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAPMAN View Post
I hope Dallas wins and Dirk keeps his playoff MVP performance. It only increases the value of Bargnani.
how? i don't get it...
powerfulpanda is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 04:29 PM   #55 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Banned
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 81,104
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LX View Post
When he went on about him lacking focus and being the enigma to end all enigmas. You know - about a month ago?

He was sending pretty clear signals that the Raptors were becoming disenchanted with the player, and at the same time he did all he could to raise Bargnani's value. All of that changes if it looks like Andrea is the disgruntled party, but probably not much. The follow-up statement from Bargnani probably brings possible buyers into about the same position as they would have been before, operating from a position of strength, but not to the extent that we need to take too much garbage back, hopefully.
All i heard was him say that if Bargnani wants to go to the next level he needs to improve as a rebounder. He said that defensively, he is what he is and at that end he is an enigma......all true. Plus at the end of every season BC is asked about certain players and how they need to improve and he says how they need to improve in certain areas. At the end of the season he stated Derozan needed to improve his shooting and his defense to take the next step. It's stating the obvious, the diffference is Bargnani takes it personal and gets his panties in a bunch instead of taking personal responsability. And his matter of fact comments about defense didn't help his cause either.
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 04:30 PM   #56 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,816
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerfulpanda View Post
how? i don't get it...
7ft big man who can shoot and create match-up problems. The league is about copy-cats, hopefully we can coax some team that Bargnani can thrive under a new environment, we have the best salesman for that.
RAPMAN is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 04:33 PM   #57 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Banned
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 81,104
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAPMAN View Post
7ft big man who can shoot and create match-up problems. The league is about copy-cats, hopefully we can coax some team that Bargnani can thrive under a new environment, we have the best salesman for that.
Everyone and their grandmother knows Bargnani will never be Nowitzkiesque. Just like they know Calderon is no Jason Kidd.
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 04:36 PM   #58 (permalink)
Captain of the Jamario Moon fan club.

Born Unready
 
Dark Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Electric Avenue
Posts: 15,552
Representing:
Default

What are you guys talking about? Bargnani is the best player to ever dawn a Raptors jersey.

Shhh just go with it. They're watching us...
Dark Knight is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 04:46 PM   #59 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,816
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Everyone and their grandmother knows Bargnani will never be Nowitzkiesque. Just like they know Calderon is no Jason Kidd.
Just like there are no players like Lebron. The league is all about trends, with the success of Rose, Westbrook, Rondo, and Wall, teams want that tall athletic point guard to lead their teams. The talk about point guards in the draft, all experts point to the height advantage of Knight over Walker, and how Walker will have difficulty in guarding the point despite being 6'1 and having excellent lateral quickness to keep his man in front of him. I am not saying Bargnani is the next Dirk, but the splendid play of Dirk can't hurt the chances of us trading Bargnani.
RAPMAN is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 05:58 PM   #60 (permalink)
...

Senior Member
 
powerfulpanda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,470
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAPMAN View Post
Just like there are no players like Lebron. The league is all about trends, with the success of Rose, Westbrook, Rondo, and Wall, teams want that tall athletic point guard to lead their teams. The talk about point guards in the draft, all experts point to the height advantage of Knight over Walker, and how Walker will have difficulty in guarding the point despite being 6'1 and having excellent lateral quickness to keep his man in front of him. I am not saying Bargnani is the next Dirk, but the splendid play of Dirk can't hurt the chances of us trading Bargnani.
of course it can't "hurt" our chances of trading bargnani. the two aren't related. its just as relevant saying d. rose's mvp season doesn't hurt our chances of trading bargnani.

but as for helping our chances of trading bargnani? i don't see the connection there
powerfulpanda is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:16 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24