Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards

Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/)
-   Toronto Raptors (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/)
-   -   Barbosa wants to stay in Toronto long term (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/barbosa-wants-stay-toronto-long-term-22332.html)

jeffb 02-28-2012 11:03 PM

Barbosa wants to stay in Toronto long term
 
Quote:

Ryan Wolstat ‏ @WolstatSun
Also Barbosa told me he loves Toronto and preference would be to re-sign long-term. He recently changed agents but wouldn't say why #Raptors
Ryan Wolstat (@WolstatSun) on Twitter

'trane 02-28-2012 11:04 PM

i hope he's gone tomorrow.

jeffb 02-28-2012 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'trane (Post 620962)
i hope he's gone tomorrow.

+1

Hell, trade him....sign Chandler then if you want him back sign him this summer at 3Mil/yr. lol

LOG 02-28-2012 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'trane (Post 620962)
i hope he's gone tomorrow.

same

box92 02-28-2012 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffb (Post 620966)
+1

Hell, trade him....sign Chandler then if you want him back sign him this summer at 3Mil/yr. lol

this

Kirby 02-28-2012 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffb (Post 620966)
+1

Hell, trade him....sign Chandler then if you want him back sign him this summer at 3Mil/yr. lol

hahaha I get the joke. :cookie:

bjjs 02-28-2012 11:33 PM

I'm fine with the Barbo staying if he can find a way to trade Collangelo.

rapsmannn 02-29-2012 04:41 AM

as a sixth man he is perfect, problem is this team isn't deep enough to have barbosa as a 6th man,

barbosa coming off the bench for a the lakers would be unreal, barbosa fits a team that is in the playoffs,

if we sign the right players make the right trades and get our team ready for a playoff push next year i could see barbosa fiting well with this team

Shifty.py 02-29-2012 06:51 AM

rapsmann but whats the problem? Our building-rebuilding will be over one day

You have a free agent saying he wants to be in Toronto

there is nothing out there available for Barbosa that is more useful to us than himself. Long or short term. And no, clearing capspace is not useful

DanH 02-29-2012 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shifty.py (Post 621078)
rapsmann but whats the problem? Our building-rebuilding will be over one day

You have a free agent saying he wants to be in Toronto

there is nothing out there available for Barbosa that is more useful to us than himself. Long or short term. And no, clearing capspace is not useful

I'm confused. How is trading him for a late first rounder, or even the cap space required to sign WC, not more valuable than holding onto him for the rest of the year? Remember, at the end of the year, no matter what team he is on, it doesn't affect our ability to re-sign him.

carp 02-29-2012 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjjs (Post 621007)
I'm fine with the Barbo staying if he can find a way to trade Collangelo.

that's funny!

Love Barbosa and the energy and passion that he brings. So much hate for a guy that is always in attack mode and wants to win so bad. It's unfortunate. It's pretty evident that his teammates respect and like him too.... much better than having an antoine wright situation again.

myklue 02-29-2012 09:11 AM

ehhhhhhhhhhhhh???? i was surprised at the title considering i didn't think he liked the cold.

MikeToronto 02-29-2012 12:38 PM

IMHO, Barbosa is a prime example of an asset that could and should be used before it's gone. He is absolutely not essential to the immediate or long-term success of this team AND could be valuable to another team this season - a perfect recipe for at least fishing around for deals, something I am sure BC is doing.

However, if all that's being offered are longer or equal contracts and no young prospects/draft picks, then what's the point of making a deal?

RAPMAN 02-29-2012 01:31 PM

Its a no brainer, trade him. He becomes an unrestricted free agent this summer. If we can get some type of first round pick it would be good. If he really liked Toronto, we can sign him back in the summer. Its a deep draft, maybe we get a good rotational player, or maybe we package the pick with our current 2012 pick to move up the draft if we don't get No.1. Turn Barbosa into some type of asset, we ain't going to the playoffs this year.

moremilk 02-29-2012 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeToronto (Post 621158)
IMHO, Barbosa is a prime example of an asset

not much of an asset unfortunately
he could be useful to a few teams with no depth, like orlando or the lakers
beyond that, who would want him now?

LOG 02-29-2012 01:48 PM

If we can get pick for him trade him now!

MikeToronto 02-29-2012 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moremilk (Post 621176)
not much of an asset unfortunately
he could be useful to a few teams with no depth, like orlando or the lakers
beyond that, who would want him now?

Well, we will see how much of an asset within the next 2 weeks. ;)

Dario 02-29-2012 03:57 PM

Man, I want barbosa to go to a contender, he's really useless here, as much as I love his game.

LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! 02-29-2012 04:43 PM

Trade him and take on salary as a means of acquring a pick or getting a youngish player who could potentially start for this team.

-Barbosa for CharlieV and detroit's 1st rounder. Raps essentially take on a lot of salary as Charlie V makes similar salary next season and then has a PO for 2013-2014.

. -Barbosa,Forbes for B.Gordon and detroit's 2012 first round pick (un protected), and possibly their 2014 first rounder. Raps would be taking on a lot of salary, possibly over 22 million in this deal, depending on if BG uses his PO for 2014.

-Barbosa for Carroll and DJ Augustin (they already have Kemba as their future PG, Carroll has an early termination option for 2012-2013 that he will not use (he will make $3.5 million in 2012-2013 if he doesn't use the ETO). Raps would make him an RFA I believe and match an offer for him in the summer.

-Barbosa for J.Dudley + their pick. Now there are positives and negatives to both sides of this deal. Bottom line is that Sarver is very cheap and looks to save $$$, Dudley will essentially make 17 million over 4 seasons after this season, however he is a solid player and can contribute to a team. I avoided Childress + Frye as Childress is making a lot of $$$ but is barely used (if at all) and Frye is Bargs' light.

jeffb 02-29-2012 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! (Post 621239)
Trade him and take on salary as a means of acquring a pick or getting a youngish player who could potentially start for this team.

-Barbosa for CharlieV and detroit's 1st rounder. Raps essentially take on a lot of salary as Charlie V makes similar salary next season and then has a PO for 2013-2014.

. -Barbosa,Forbes for B.Gordon and detroit's 2012 first round pick (un protected), and possibly their 2014 first rounder. Raps would be taking on a lot of salary, possibly over 22 million in this deal, depending on if BG uses his PO for 2014.

-Barbosa for Carroll and DJ Augustin (they already have Kemba as their future PG, Carroll has an early termination option for 2012-2013 that he will not use (he will make $3.5 million in 2012-2013 if he doesn't use the ETO). Raps would make him an RFA I believe and match an offer for him in the summer.

-Barbosa for J.Dudley + their pick. Now there are positives and negatives to both sides of this deal. Bottom line is that Sarver is very cheap and looks to save $$$, Dudley will essentially make 17 million over 4 seasons after this season, however he is a solid player and can contribute to a team. I avoided Childress + Frye as Childress is making a lot of $$$ but is barely used (if at all) and Frye is Bargs' light.

:puke:


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:50 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24